Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RatHat posted:

Doesn’t King Crimson have a limit on how often he can use the timeskip? Fortunately King Crimson is also a ridiculously strong close range stand so that’s not really an issue.

i don't think it's ever directly said, it's just assumed that it's tiring kind of like how stopping time was/is and how that was where dio would have had a leg up since he had supernatural stamina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

welcome to endgame vento aureo, where the stands literally make no sense and the powers don't matter

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

not even the anime can make the weird alien ghosts bursting from people make any sense

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

me everytime i read a new jojolion chapter and it's like 30 more pages of people chasing a baffling 89 year old man but keep running into scenery:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just remembered that a Very Special moment should be happening next week

abbacchio...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah the dude is loving desperate and ends up biting into a frog to get some amount of iron back into him and run away

he doesn't just magically get up and run off on his own like people seemingly think he does

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did they show the scene with the cop

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nice, that's the good poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people are really addicted to doing the thing where they're trying to game theory how king crimson Actually Works which tells me they've somehow not paid attention throughout this entire series where you shouldn't really sweat the small stuff because it can't and won't 'make sense' if you're dedicated to trying to make something inherently wildly unrealistic seem realistic

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

king crimson is more just a tool to move the plot along and to represent diavolo as a whole, which is why it kind of sucks thematically compared to any other villain stand

it looks neat as poo poo and in theory the power should be cool but it's never put to good use

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just want a part 6 anime

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at the absolute least i want to be able to see jolyne lighting herself on fire

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as much as i would love a steel ball run anime, yeah, i definitely see part 6 as like the end of what we're reasonably 'likely' to get

even then i don't see 6 as an absolute guaranteed but i've always considered the chances of getting further parts somewhat possible once we actually got 4 in the first place, but 6 is the hard limit imo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TheLoneStar posted:

I see literally no reason why we wouldn't get a Part 6 anime.

the animation industry is a fickle one

hopefully if we do get it the wait before an announcement isn't so hugely long like it was for 5

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they definitely wouldn't throw in an entirely new op, it's 3 of them for the separate thirds of the part

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as if the part 7 ed isn't going to be something that completely blindsides us, like toxic by britney spears or whatever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

steel ball read would be dope. also maybe offer a post in the anime thread about it with super-minimal info to maybe get people interested and just make it clear that the thread for it should be spoiler-free for anything other than what the anime has already shown and what has already been gone over in the thread itself for part 7.

best case scenario it'd be years down the line before we'd have a chance at a part 7 anime anyways so might as well make it clear on that front. i know some are diehard about waiting for the show to come out but i don't care about them, it's the others that would be pretty cool with reading along with a 'fresh start' that i'd want to give the opportunity to.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It especially helps for people who have never read JoJos for us to do Steel Ball Run, since it's a totally new universe, there's not a huge amount of background knowledge needed.

It also makes Hey Ya's first appearance even more of a mystery, which is great.

yeah. that's the big thing, really. having no connection to the previous parts makes it a perfect point for people to dive into and it helps that it's imo one of the tightest and coolest parts in general on its own merits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, basically. i don't remember if there's any overlap, but i do remember that oasis splits off to hound after bruno pretty exclusively while the others deal with moldboy.