Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

darealkooky posted:

re-reading part 5 and I realized an interesting comparison between DIO and Diavolo

DIO's big dramatic reveal against the heroes involves him at the top of a flight of stairs, and preventing Polnareff (who is at the bottom) from going up them

Diavolo's big dramatic reveal against the heroes involves him at the bottom of a flight of stairs, and Polnareff (who is at the top) is unable to prevent him from going up them.

Dunno if this was an intended parallel since araki forgets stuff constantly and there was a good six years between scenes, but it's a cool thing all the same.

I'm looking forward to starting the manga when the anime finishes up. This sounds cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

darealkooky posted:

unless you take a hella long time getting through part 4 prepare to be disappointed because about 3/4th's of part 5 have a garbage translation and in particular the stuff surrounding diavolo is really hosed up

if you can read itallian or japanese try that instead but otherwise curb your enthusiasm

Aren't you a downer haha. Thanks for the heads up though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

How is the Part 3 official release? I'm thinking of ordering physical copies off of Amazon. Support the official release and all that stuff.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

It's good.

They censored two dog deaths, changed a few names (Steely Dan, Enya, Oingo Boingo), and took part in the post-Quran outburst Cairo edits, but otherwise it's good.

Give them money so that we can get Part 4.

Done

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Senor Candle posted:

If you want to wait a bit they are currently releasing Jojoniums which are hardcover versions of the volumes starting with Phantom Blood. One comes out only every couple of months so it will be a while before they get through Stardust Crusaders. I haven't seen anyone really complain about the old SC release, but if you want to try one out it is all available digitally on comixology as well.

I just ordered the first three volumes already lol

I will definitely do that for Battle Tendency when they get to it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

They already have my money for the DVD's. I bought them in a drunken haze while I was in Vegas.

I'm going through part 4 now and it's really good. Some unique stands compared to part 3.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yukako Yamagishi is certainly reminding me of my high school days. This chapter owns.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

What the gently caress happened to you in high school

BlitzBlast posted:

The hell was your high school like?

It was... Good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Can someone explain how Koichi was able to call Josuke with his stand? It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, c'mon I'm sure everyone here had at least one weirdo stalker in highschool. Mine was pretty aggressive though not quite to this extent.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

What about it confuses you?

It slapped the dial tone sound onto her arm right? But how did that make it call Josuke's house?

Koichi is the real protagonist of part 4 isn't he? I'm okay with that because I like him.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh I didn't realize there was such a thing as phreaking. I googled it and I understand now, thank you. Now it is time to go back to reading Jojo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So, from what I can gather, Rohan is just Araki's self insert character.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

sorta. i mean Araki isn't as big of an rear end in a top hat obviously. and he probably doesn't eat spiders.

He totally eats spiders.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The first 3 volumes of Stardust Crusaders came in my mail today. Feels... good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh please let this be a real alien in part 4. This manga wasn't bizarre enough already.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I would like to thank Kaiji for preparing me for that chapter.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

rip anime thread. arc 4 reading thread would be neat, though

Make the thread.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

There is a 50% chance that it will be a Queen song.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I hope that gets localized even if it is a piece of poo poo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm sure it will be, but there's no way in hell I'm buying it after my experience with J Stars Victory Vs

Please support all Jojo's that are brought over to the west

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Aurora posted:

I will buy Eyes of Heaven and hell, I'll enjoy it

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm excited to get home so I can listen to these.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is that JYB as Jonathon? I'm cool with that.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ben owns as Joseph but Sugita is Joseph in my heart.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Boo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Diskin's Joseph rules.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I think Rohan is my favourite character from part 4 aside from Josuke.

"I... Must see this guy's back"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been watching Gintama a lot lately and I watched an episode where the main character (voiced by Sugita) said that Araki was a beautiful manga writer that never ages. I thought it was pretty funny.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm sure this has been asked before but are there decent scans of Part 6? Where can I find them? Etc.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Aurain posted:

Read the colour version on Batoto.

Okay thanks

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks for doing that. It's very cute.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Apparently it is? From what I heard Japanese doesn't have pronouns per sé, but nouns that just regularly get used as pronouns, and that's why children tend to use their names as pronouns as well or something? Point is children don't do that in English and not having them use pronouns instead of names is just lovely translating.

littleorv is starting to understand.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Very excited to hear about the all-new Jojo ova where the stardust crusaders go to the hot springs.

Honestly I would eat that poo poo up.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

If we believe hard enough all of the parts will get official translations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stone Ocean is good so far. It's no Diamond is Unbreakable though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This game looks terrible but if it gets an English release I'll probably buy it because I am a dumb.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My apologies.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

But if she hasn't read it then why would you say that

Goons are weird.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's hard to tell how many anime-only kiddies are actually getting into reading arc 4 but hopefully some of them will eventually post reactions in that thread

I read it and it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been reading Steel Ball Run for the first time and The True Man's World fight is loving godlike. That is all.