Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Oh my god. :kimchi:

Thanks a lot, tiistai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Rohan should be in every part honestly.

Have a miniseries where he goes around meeting all the JoJos and hating each one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Just to be clear, I know it wasn't Josuke and I'm not saying I wanted it to be Josuke. Sorry if this keeps coming up or something, I just thought it was weird.

Don't worry, the only reason why it always comes up is because it sticks out to most readers.

The only problem I had with the guy from the past is that I wanted to believe Josuke had that haircut even as a baby.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sekkira posted:

Style your do?

Good, that hairstyle is so lame.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Very excited to hear about the all-new Jojo ova where the stardust crusaders go to the hot springs.

Lots of burly butts? I'm in.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Stone Ocean honestly ranks pretty low imo but Jolyene is my third favorite JoJo on a bad day, so it's worth the read.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shukaro posted:

Part 6 is one of the strongest parts of the series. Different strokes for different folks.

Totally, insofar as it's cool if you like Stone Ocean, but I think it made it clear that Araki needed some time to rethink what he wanted to do. SBR is a great because Stands are less a thing onto themselves and more a compliment to a person's natural abilities, and I hope JoJolion doesn't stray too far from it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

You know what IS the funniest poo poo? Gyro's jokes. He's tooooootally the funniest guy ever. My sides have stitches from laughing so hard.

lol at people who think Johnny is never sarcastic towards Gyro.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Prison Warden posted:

One thing I wondered in SBR is that Valentine says that he is the only Valentine with Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, but all these alternate Valentines you see him jump into are in the middle of also fighting Dio and Hot Pants and Johnny and poo poo when they have Stands (Johnny definitely does, you see Tusk act 2 next to him at one point), did he just have a different Stand which got overwritten by Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

I mean, that makes sense since the people who get Stands through Corpse Parts don't seem to necessarily get the kind of Stand they would develop on their own, like how Gyro has his eye-ball Stand but when he perfects his Spin he has another one, and alternate Diego just has the World instead of just copying Ferdinand Scary Monsters.

If Rick and Morty taught me anything about alternate dimensions, it's "Don't think about it."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Prison Warden posted:

What i wanna know is, is Josuke's arrangement like... the D Generation X, the Conga Line, or the Blaster Master, you know what I mean?

I too would like to see Gappy's balls.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Normie Slayer posted:

I'm curious how many people genuinely could not grasp King Crimson, and how many people ask anyways because lol meme

King Crimson is poorly explained so it makes sense that lots of people ask about it, kinda how everyone thinks Josuke being rescued by the dude with the hair might be Josuke through time travel shenanigans.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MonsterEnvy posted:

No due to the entire murdering his family thing and trying to rape him.

Okay, so things got a little out of hand, but it doesn't mean he wasn't hungry.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

johnny has the early jojos on lockdown, so gappy has more to do with the next couple than anything. if/when there's another arc after jojolion i'm expecting arcs 5 and 6 to come into play, which would honestly be a good stopping point given how stone ocean was the 'end' of the previous run of things.

Uh JoJo's is never going to end. When people start to get too suspicious Araki is going to fake his own death and then start making an oddly similar Western comic in America.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Knowing that Araki was listening to Walk Like an Egyptian while making SC makes me very happy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Promos for the next arc they're adapting! The new artstyle looks weird though...

https://youtu.be/wb_60F8kBmc

This owns a whole dang lot.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bina posted:

My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

Make her take him to the beach.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

drat, those brothers are ice cold.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm glad that scene seems even weirder in English.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
All SBR boyfriends are good boyfriends imo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silver2195 posted:

You do know that your #4 is actually an ugly woman wearing an attractive woman's skin like a suit, right?

Also, I miss the ban on waifuchat in the Zorak era. I hope Bad Seafood brings it back.

lol if you think Bad Seafood is gonna crack down on us discussing hot dudes in the hot dude manga thread.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Look Kira had some serious issues but having fatherhood sprung on you like that, it's just awkward.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's hard to call it a "universe reset" when there are so many references to poo poo that happened in the old universe, but ultimately it doesn't matter and the old stuff is just there for fun.

Steel Ball Run is good and right, as is Jojolion so far. The new era of JoJo is far brighter than the last.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Gappy is so loving OP, please do not nerf.

I was hoping that we'd get a little more info out out Karera, but the fact that she's caught on to what happened between Kira and Josefumi is pretty interesting. I get the feeling she's the only one who actually knows the whole story.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kabanaw posted:

I'm kind of amazed that people give a poo poo about the quality of DVD menus in the year 2015

lol do you really think it's that silly for people to put a modicum of effort into a product?

At least slap a loving wallpaper in there, Christ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

Yes, that is why the dub and subtitles are good. Do you actually believe no one put effort into this western release because the DVD menu is bare bones?

I'm not talking about the quality of the material, but it was someone's job to make that menu and they didn't actually do their job

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

I mean there is a menu so clearly they did.

It's like a default setting on home DVD makers someone clicked a button

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think the best part of JoJolion is that the characters are usually as bewildered as I am

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silver2195 posted:

Pucci isn't black. He's just a very tan Italian guy.

That's almost as bad to a lot of white supremacists

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

So we are all just assuming now that any new motherfucker that gets themselves involved with the Higshikata's is a Rock Human? Cause if so now I'm waiting for the big reveal where someone's NOT a Rock Human.

I dunno if this guy is a rock human, but he's definitely a weirdo

e:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm trying to recall some terrible Stands from Part 4, but I can't really think of one.

Well, unless you mean Love Deluxe, but we never see the weaknesses of that Stand.

Well there's Super Fly, which trapped its user in its physical manifestation

There's also Cheap Trick, which kills its user outright

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 24, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Gyro, Johnny, Valentine and Diego (The World ver.) revealed for EoH

Don't really like those colours for Johnny and Gyro but I'm loving that Diego's World looks different like it does in the manga as opposed to being a copy paste of DIO's one.

No Hot Pants yet though, sadly.

e: Also, Gyro has a unique style of fighting "revolution" in addition to horse mode and stand mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-UFxwTu_M

The World should be riding the horse too, holding onto Diego imo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Cicadalek posted:

I hate the design of Johnny and Gyro's stands. Weird baby and mickey mouse looking fuckers.

tbf the final form of Tusk is pretty cool.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Ball Breaker always looked less like Mickey Mouse and more like one of those drones since that weird head ornament usually faces downward

I mean, I can certainly get where people see Mickey but I just took a different impression from it.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, Gyro had two Stands, Scan and Ball Breaker. Scan was from the eye which he lost to Lucy Steel and he naturally gets Ball Breaker. I also totally forget how they explain how Johnny keeps Tusk when Hot Pants takes the arm, she left a small piece inside of him so he would keep Tusk?

Yeah Johnny kept a small fragment of the arm

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My interpretation of that wasn't so much "Gyro needs to have a Stand to beat Valentine," it was "The Perfect Spin is so goddamn powerful it made a Stand".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

That's precisely it. The supplemental chapter even says that mastery of something can give the user a Stand related to it. People take it to explain some things in pre-SBR parts (which might be some of Araki's authorial intent there, to be fair), such as Tonio but most directly, it refers to what eventually gave Gyro his stand. He mastered the spin and it gave him a Stand.

e: I forget if Rohan is an Arrow stander or not, but I'm leaning towards no but editing him out for now.

Rohan is a natural Stand user.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

He hasn't had many this year to be fair, and it usually ends up resulting in a Kishibe Rohan or something, so I guess I can make do.

Kishibe Rohan Visits New Morioh.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
5 in particular would be nice, since it'd give everyone a fresh look without any jarring changes in quality or massive translation errors.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 24, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I see plenty of that around and also lots of joking about it being weeb starter pack material

The latter annoys me more because I despise gatekeeping. New fans keep things alive.

Agreed, People with a deep love for Jojo should always be accepted.

My main hope is that Part 4 will inspire more Always Sunny edits.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The misadventures of Rohan Kishibe are amazing and you should really read them at your earliest convenience.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I agree, Kira's dad is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
People keep going back to wanting to see Tonio animated but personally, I need to see Josuke cheat at dice.