Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
White Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

GER is the worst kind of DEM in theory but the concept of dying over and over again forever is so needlessly brutal and over the top that I actually kind of like it.

It's like something I would have come up with in 5th grade.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Reboot endings are always going to be divisive.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He reset it once and stopped short before completing the full loop so he could kill Emporio, which ended up loving him.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Arist posted:

Even if they were being "polite," the general tone of having like twelve posters swarm to inform me of my ignorance of basic story structure as if I am a child is not not hostile.

You guys are just dancing around the issue and giving really absurd and roundabout explanations for why the most obvious, simple explanation of the end either isn't correct or is the result of a flawed mindset. I just want people to acknowledge that being disappointed by the ending is perhaps valid. That maybe someone could have a different opinion here than you. I'm getting frustrated here because people are refusing to even acknowledge that I'm asking that, and instead giving patronizing explanations of how the only possible reasoning for that reaction is a wholly flawed viewpoint on stories in general. Really can't wait until the Part 5 anime ends and I say GER sucks and like eighty people leap up my rear end.

I think you should make like Ghiacchio and chill out.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It is perfectly fine to be disappointed with an ending. It is also perfectly fine to feel like such an ending does not invalidate everything that came before it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I just like how Araki had the balls to do such a thing. He's never been shy about killing off characters, so it only feels fitting that the finale is Kill All The Characters.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Araki is honestly on the same level as Oda or Inoue. people who despite how grueling and uncaring the manga industry is, always manage to make it seem like their art is always play and never work. Like it's absolutely work and all those creators take regular breaks, but they just seem like they're always enjoying it, and anything that happens is on their own terms.

That definitely comes with being a figure for twenty years but Araki's ability to just say gently caress It, I'll Do It Live and experiment on the fly and change things seemingly without a plan is honestly inspirational.

I've legit never seen Araki once complain about his job. In all his photos and interviews he always seems so happy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Game Theory: Why I Gave the Pope Jojo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

King Crimson is you getting blackout drunk and wondering why you woke up dressed in a clown suit in the back room of a Macy's.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah, im hoping they'll end the episode with this and then have bruno's flashback at the start of the next episode

this is an extremely good chapter ending

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

remember when literal aliens appeared and it wasn't mikitaka

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

RatHat posted:

I really don’t. When was this?

Silver Chariot Requiem summoned aliens.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Rereading part 6 and what's up with Jolyne's lawyer being an elf?

What's up with Polpo being a literal giant?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not this lawyer :colbert:

Also I forgot part 6 had a guy named Thunder McQueen.

I liked it when he was called "Xander McQueen".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Darko posted:

Joseph pulls more bullshit than Giorno does, but its funny then. Part 3 changes rules more often and has the larger asspull of "oh my Stand that also has these forgotten powers and contradicts itself can *also* stop time." And ths same dude from part 2 coming back to life for no real reason. 4 has no clear purpose until the middle, like 5. 5 is just the one where everyone eventually gets jaded; it just happens to have the best fights as well to hold on.

I think it will be 6 where people start dropping. That was our first decent translation after two dreadful ones so we were happy to read so it was a refresher to get actual personalities. They won't have that distinction. But people will probably blame it on female protagonists.

The ending's going to piss people off, at least.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

They mentioned Tom and Jerry in the part 3 anime so I think they'll manage.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Arist posted:

Valentine is a good villain but he's a piece of poo poo and the scene where all Johnny and Gyro's attacks get reflected to other people in other parts of the world, who just die randomly for no reason completely unpreventably, is abjectly horrifying in a completely unique way for this series. It totally underlines that his entire justification is loving awful.

e: my point is, Pucci is far more sympathetic than Valentine

The president of the United States making people in other countries suffer for him is a pretty biting statement imo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

Why was Valentine fat and then got fit again? I get that it was probably to have the twist that he's the antagonist work, but what did he do to get fit?
I should re-read SBR.

He accepted Jesus into his heart.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Really Really Big Man

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I thought about it and I've decided that I actually like the OP being recycled footage. It's kind of like defying King Crimson in that it's saying "no, all this poo poo that happened matters, you're not erasing it".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

All you had to do was follow the drat plot CJ

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

reanimate the whole series in oingo boingo style

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I mean, if we're talking about the type of people who browse TVTropes too much and think they're intelligent because of it, then I agree wholeheartedly that they're tiring to talk to.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Lamebot posted:

Araki when Jojolion finally ends: "I'm 189 years old?"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Wasn't CinemaSins conceived as a send-up of people who complain about stupid poo poo in movies aka the exact type of people in question here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Little disappointed they didn't go with Green Man.