Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Do we know enough stuff about part 8 to have a real description in the OP?

man with four balls learns how to rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Does the invisible baby show up ever again?

heh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Moltrey posted:

I was about to say Kira didn't kill any named characters aside from some weird middle schooler, but then I remember when he strode into Cinderella's, got a new face and blew the gently caress outta that place.

he nailed the entire team with bites the dust, it just got rolled back before it could take

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

CJ posted:

The only part i didn't like from Part 4 was the invisible baby. It was both pointless and not very fun, from what i remember they just found the baby then got it some diapers and that was it. If they did more with it it wasn't very memorable. Superfly was cool because having a radio tower with the special ability of not letting the last person leave is funny.

the end is loving primo joseph and if we cut it they'd have to explain why rohan steals a baby in rps kid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really want it to be all star except for the highway star battle, which i want to be highway star. long as we get part 4 i'm happy though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

could you imagine cutting from josuke having to clean tonio's kitchen or rohan winning at dbz RPS straight into an insane rainbow of an ED with all star blasting, god

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Fatty gets killed, Josuke sees a bit of harvest disintegrating and screams out Shigechi's name

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED

do the thing they did with roundabout where they play the song over the scene, cut to the ending on WELL

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HOLY poo poo THAT WAS SO FUCKIN G GOODl;kasjdflkadhfklahdf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

people were bitch that there wasn't one. my stance on it is that HOLY poo poo THAT WA S A GOOD ANIME

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jeek posted:

I know that. I was just saying that since I have access to the official Chinese translation of Part 5, I can theoretically pull a Duwang and make a half way decent translation, especially since the good one has stopped half way.

two chapters of the new one came out last week

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's gonna cull me and I've read the whole series

go back and read it with the new translation, it's seriously a lot better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

What did making Giorno drink piss not accomplish?

i just read that bit again and it owned. giorno turning one of his teeth into a jellyfish so he wouldn't have to drink the piss was funny as hell and one of the best uses of a stand in the series.

also where the gently caress is this month's jojolion

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drink teh piss, giorno

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, where the heck is this month's jojolion

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Davinci posted:

I'm still reading part 6, and as such, haven't gotten to parts 7 or 8, and I'm reading these posts and part 8 sounds hosed up and I can't wait to get to it.

part 8 uis so drat good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

minoru suzuki posted:

i just got there.

this is the weirdest loving series

e: he just summoned the 1973 dolphins what the gently caress

the bad guy summoning larry csonka to beat the poo poo out of jolyne is like one of my favorite jojo's moments ever. people give the end of stone ocean a lot of poo poo but man are there some great moments

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Stone ocean gave me fight fatigue, they needed to spend more time in Burnin Down the House hanging out

i didn't get it as bad because i got fight fatigued from vento aureo and took a long break before i started SO haha. yeah the end is way too dense but man are there some great bits

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo give it a shot and if you don't like it jump to 6. there's a lot of really good poo poo in there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

littleorv posted:

I think Rohan is my favourite character from part 4 aside from Josuke.

"I... Must see this guy's back"

i like the blurb araki wrote where he talks about how people are intimidated to meet him because they think he's like rohan irl

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Forktoss posted:

Hello JoJo thread, I just finished the anime a couple weeks ago and now I can't get enough of these big burly men punching and posing. I dipped my toes into Steel Ball Run a bit when the show was still going since that seemed like a fresh break and I didn't want to spoil the ending of Part 3 by going straight to 4, but when the anime ended I put that on halt and read all of Part 4 in two days or something because it was absolutely brilliant.

Now that I'm (steel) balls deep I suppose I might as well keep going straight onto 5 and on until I'm all caught up. I'd just like some clarification on which translation of Vento Aureo to read (and I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I read through the thread and am still a bit confused) - is the JoJo Project one the best one? I grabbed a PDF batch from somewhere to read on my phone and the translation quality has seemed alright to me so far, but I'm only about two volumes in. I think I'm going to go ahead with Part 5 regardless, but I'd just like some clarification on which scans to avoid and which to get.

better translation's only done up through the first few fights (it stops halfway through man in the mirror) so you're pretty much stuck with the old bad ones after that. last time i went through part 5 i just used what's up on batoto and it was fine, don't know if you can batch download from there or not. if you get burned out on part 5, part 6's translation's better and part 5's pretty much self-contained so if you feel like skipping ahead you won't miss much plot-wise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

That kids a fuckin creep

which one's worse do you think, him or joshuu

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fiend Computer posted:

To be fair, almost everyone in that family is pretty loving thirsty.

norisuke's cool so far. ir eally hope he ends up just being a cool dad who raised a bunch of weirdos

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Since there's a lot of question about which part has good scans and translation and colour and whatnot, would there be any interest in compiling an effortpost of sorts, with what Part has what?

I'm about 75% done with DiU and it's kind of disheartening to think about how what comes ahead is pretty impenetrable.

that's not really true, it's just part 5 that's not so good right now and there's people working on it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Jolyne is just a very hardcore gal. She's lighting herself on fire and having a lot of confidence everywhere in her fights. The Planet Waves fight is so good because it's an absolute slugfest versus a 100kg prison guard on standroids. But I agree that the pacing is very exhausting to the middle/late middle point. Around Bohemian Rhapsody it gets better.

Anyway, anyone re-read Jojolion lately? I was not a fan of the slow burn but it has a lot of drama and horror elements to it that really help the mood of the story.
And Josuke is growing to be one of my favorite Jojos at the moment. He's basically the most macho jojo yet.

i go in and reread it every few months so i can keep the big plot points fresh and it's so loving good. pretty much every fight so far's been golden and josuke's a top-loving-tier protagonist

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Were there any fights that Avdol got to be in and win 1v1?

he beat jotaro 1v1 at the very start

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man that was good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

setafd posted:

motherfucking alternate timeline dio with the world out of nowhere

GOD I was so pleased

i ddon't care if you didn't liked the rest of the fight, if you didn't get super hype when the world popped up out of loving nowhere you don't have a soul

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rest of the fight owned btw, dio using a fangirl as a human shield and stopping time to light johnny on fire was the poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ij ust reread part 8 on a whim and norisuke's the loving man, he's like top 10 jojo's characters ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

JoJo may very well be the sickest thing in the universe

buckle up frank, your in for a ride