Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Should probably mention part 5's translation is dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Uznare posted:

while this is true. pretty much every part that isn't 3 has a dogshit translation. 4 is the nearest thing to a decent one and only the invincible trio version. 7 is also pretty good most of the way through but about halfway there's some shaky poo poo.

Well, the other translations actually try to care about what was in the text bubbles originally, so I can give them a pass. :unsmith:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
*TN Note: Keikaku means "plan" in english

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i have heard there are 8 parts to this series. i have to ask, which of these parts should i read first? part 5 sounds likely given the name, but i just wanted to ask to make sure...

Read Jorge Joestar first, as a primer.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Xibanya posted:

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it. I'm still a newcomer to JJBA and I'm reading the Viz editions of the manga, which means I haven't looked much at part 4 on. If anyone knows of good examples from any part of the series of unusual panel sizes and layouts, particularly insane poses, gruesome fights, or anything else that might be a good example of Jojo's intensity, let me know.

Part 6 is pretty much that.

Jolyne Owns.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Whenever I think of Part 5 I'm always soured by how lame the ending was. Like, gold experience gives you several options to beat out mr. time-eraser that aren't "I'm Literally Unkillable, I Win"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Just rename the series Jolyne's Bizarre Adventure

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Where the gently caress is Mickey???

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Part 6 is one of the strongest parts of the series. Different strokes for different folks.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Just got around to listening to the part 1/2 dub. Not really a fan, but maybe it sounds OK and not stupid to first-time viewers.

Also it doesn't have Get Back! at the end.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Let's all appreciate dino brando

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Man they need to release the part 4 soundtrack soon, it owns so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ah the 'ol "you can almost see his dick" Araki panel