Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sekkira posted:

I don't think it matters whether he knew or not. As a kid, he's (Adult him) a stranger and that defined him. There's nothing wrong with saving himself. It doesn't make him any less altruistic. It's just a weird thing that happened.

I don't know, it's just that the entire main theme to Part 4 is how it's good and cool to want to make your hometown a better place/help people regardless of what you get out of it. All the good people are sweet and friendly and add to their community. Hell, one of them was so dedicated to helping others he naturally developed a stand to do just that.

All the bad guys who turn into friends are actively rewarded for not being selfish dicks and adding to the town. Superfly for example goes from a nothing hermit to a local attraction and people bring him gifts all the time to make his situation easier. Highway Star gets his body healed and in return goes from selfishly stealing vitality to engaging the most dangerous guy sent to attack the crew by himself to save some people he barely knew. Hell even when the good guys turn into assholes, like in the Harvest 'fight', they do it because of entirely petty and selfish reasons.

It speaks better to the themes of part 4 and Morioh itself if it was just some random town citizen helping him out and not Josuke himself (who we already know to be a Nice And Cool Dude) saving baby Josuke. That way it's another example of what Joseph calls the Golden Heart of Morioh and not just some dude saving his own skin.

JoJo is good.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Aurain posted:

I'm probably mis-remembering but aren't Devil's Palms areas where the corpse parts have been?

Yeah but you can get a stand even without getting a Corpse part. Or without going to a Devil's Palm in the first place. Ball Breaker was made from Gyro truly mastery spin technique and manifesting a stand built for it just like Tonio did. And now in the SBR-world the wall eyes grant stand and stands also seem to be a hereditary trait.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Torquemadras posted:

This is all totally true and rad and good.

However, I'm still convinced Araki totally intended to do the timeloop, and changed his mind to the better version later down the road :v:

I'm curious how this scene would (aaaaaah who am I kidding, WILL) play out in the anime. Maybe they'll actually make the mysterious stranger more distinct from Josuke. Or they keep it, just to gently caress with anime viewers as well.

Oh no, I have no idea if Araki had planned it to be a time thing or not. Hell, given how he changes poo poo as he goes I wouldn't be surprised if that was the idea at one point, but regardless I'm glad it didn't turn out that way because I feel it works so much better. It helps cement the themes of the Part more and that's why I enjoy Part 4 as much as I do. The cast is great, the fights are fun and interesting and goofy as all hell. but they all fit and it all really works together under a solid theme as well as the overall plot. The city itself is a character, and that level of attention to detail/themes isn't something a lot of JoJo really has.

I could write way too much about Part 4. It is truly the best and I can't wait for the anime.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 4, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Having just re-read Part 7 I can say with definite certainty Diego Brando (Scary Monsters Edition) is the coolest and best version of Dio.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Something I kinda like is how the first three Jojos actually had respectable careers aside from being punchguys. Like, Johnathan was an archaeologist, Joseph was a real estate tycoon, and Jotaro is a marine biologist. It makes them feel more like actual people than other shonen protagonists who are just all about punching mans.

I assume Josuke followed the fellow good citizens of Morioh and opened something like a Repair store, antiques shop or health clinic. Something to provide remarkable service like Tonio and Cinderella (RIP).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

WE HAVE TO PUSH KOICHI FOR SUMMERSLAM! THE KIDS WILL LOVE HIM!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Million Ghosts posted:

Buff Okuyasu is super weird, he gets so cute by the end that it's hard to believe it's the same dude.

Every villain in JoJo part 4 starts off in big buff scary bad man style then deflate instantly after they're beating. Okuyasu goes from super detailed buff man to the kuwabara knock off we love in like 3 pages, Lcok and Surface shrink, Tonio goes in and out of it once Josuke pushes his buttons. Even rohan had that super buff over detailed look going until Josuke beat the poo poo out him.

It's a neat art style thing Araki seemed to be doing throughout the part.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Jolyne's super badass and some people just can't handle that.

She's easily among the best JoJo's. Up there with Young Joseph and Johnny.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 23, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't think I should feel this but I got really weirded out by Steel Ball Run when they show a Jostar having sex with actual woman

Man, Part 8 must have you just dead then. Everyone is so thirsty, even that weirdo origami baby. Actually, especially that baby.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Welp

Karera = Yukako confirmed

We already knew that cause she's the best girl in part 8. Just like Yukako in 4.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Naerasa posted:

There aren't too many other stands that have their own distinct personalities like Sex Pistols does (do?). Off the top of my head I can think of Echoes Act 3, Foo Fighters, Yo-Yo Ma (green dude from stone ocean - had to look up that name), and Hey Ya! (Poco-Loco's buddy, also had to look up that name). There are probably a couple of others I'm missing but there are definitely far more stands that are blank slates upstairs.

Paisley Park seems to just kind of do her own poo poo but I'm nt sure if that counts.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Stink Terios posted:

A bit late, but True Man's World is one of my least favorite chapters and Ringo is an rear end in a top hat.

This is not the wrongest Jojo opinion, is it? :ohdear:

Look at this goddamn conformist.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Man, I will never get over how different Okuyasu looks when he's first introduced.

Same for Rohan and The Lock and Superfly and Highway star and the Wooden puppet fucker.

It's almost as if it was thing that was going on with the art for the part.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Aurain posted:

Why would you ever play as anyone other than Josuke and Okuyasu in EoH when it comes out?

Gyro and Johnny are equal in Cool Dudes Having Fun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Diego is the only cool Dio.

The others are just rich idiots that craved even more power like the pigs they were. Diego pulled himself up by his bootstraps and became a champion. He's basically Speedwagon but not a huge coward.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Black and white translation gets the same points across and sounds way more in character for Okuyasu.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad we're finally going home to Morioh.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Baal posted:

I'm somewhat familiar with Yuki Ono and he was pretty stellar as a loving crazy man in Yugioh 5Ds, but I've never heard him as anything that's not that.

I cannot wait for the anime of Jo Jo Part 4: SATISFACTION IS UNBREAKABLE.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Baal posted:

There a lot of forgettable stand users in Part 4 and Fatty is among the top

Harvest is super cool tho

He's an adorable possibly mentally challenged child who's first friends ever were our pro tags and he let the money get to his head. He's a sweet innocent baby who died because we couldn't protect him and he's one of araki's favorites for a reason.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really hope she just busts out King Crimson out of nowhere.

It's gonna be King for a Day to pay tribute to her family's ritual to stave off that curse.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ringo and Ulysses just get into an infinite loop of calling each other conformists.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I feel like Part 5 would be instantly 100x better if Diavolo didn't exist at all and it was just crazy little Doppio running around pretending not to be the boss and going nuts when people figured it out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Could the Winchesters handle Dio?

I'm pretty sure they've killed everything up to God at this point so, yeah probably.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Baal please let me in on your LP so I can present my essay on why Part 4 is cool and how literally every part if it is about how it's rad to be involved and support your town and fellow citizens.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Baal posted:

The Hol Horse theme is something special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YmNyROlNQ

As someone from the American south I can confirm this is playing in my soul 24/7

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Is PHF the one with All Along the Watchtower? Little card spies was a pretty neat idea.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Just like the Jo Jo dubs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Iggy died the day I was born. A noble sacrifice.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/42375

JJL 52 transcript.
Should be finished in like 1 to 5 days.

I can't believe we're finally getting some answers for all the mysteries going on in JJL. This poo poo has been suspensful

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 25, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think it's very possible that karera is kind of embellishing what relationship she might have had with kira and josefumi. it's why when gappy kind of made a blind call and said 'you know we don't have that kind of relationship' she immediately sort of changed and didn't really argue it, because at that point she just thinks that it's josefumi being josefumi. can't really blame her for trying since she hadn't seen him since the boat incident. the photo still needs an explanation, i guess, but i don't think we can entirely count it out yet?

She calls out Sec-chan during the boat scenes and iirc Kira's like 'Don't you know her?'. Given that and how absolutely desperate Karera's entire situation and personality it is I'm pretty sure she hung out with with the Good Boys once in the time between them stealing the branch and the boat fight and took that photo and just really exaggerated her friendship status with them cause boy does she seem lonely.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

If I had a pet peeve, it's that Annasui sucks.

Actually I think you'll find Annasui is super fun and cool precisely because he sucks so much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Y'all selling Yukako short.

Like, is your entire beef with her existence being focused on Koichi rooted in the fact she's a woman? 'cos she gets a lot more screen time than other Part 4 villains (to the point she actually becomes a protagonist with more than her initial plot line). Shigechi exists to die, as does Aya. Yuuya gets one more small appearance to sniff out Terunosuke. Shinobu is "oblivious housewife". Tomoko is "oblivious mom". Tonio gets to show up once more with no lines, though they say the whole gang goes to his restaurant often.

Also Yukako is treated as more of an actual threat than basically anyone else in the part. She's super hardcore and powerful and she integrates really well into The Gang after she and Koichi become a thing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Moltrey posted:

e: Please let me know how Yukako integrates with the gang because literally all I remember is Josuke threatening to kill her if she fucks with his boy, Koichi, Joseph giving her some advice and her Posing with everyone else when they vow to catch Kira and then I'm pretty sure we never see her again outside of group shots.

Is she hanging out with/grabbing lunch with Josuke and Okuaysu sans Koichi during "Rohan Punches A 6 year old"? I could have sworn she was with them when everyone was giving Rohan poo poo for being such an rear end in a top hat to a kid and thinking "Hey, that's kind of cool that Josuke is kinda friendly with Yukako now that she and Koichi are dating."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah:

She's hanging out with them and also ganging up with them to shame Rohan, and it doesn't look like she's just there to wait for Koichi. I like to imagine that at some point she decided "Huh, maybe I should chill out a little," but it's all speculation. I don't like that Araki has so many issues with writing women, but I also feel a bit weird expecting that much of shounen manga.

I don't know, given how Josuke talks about her before Koichi's confessions this little lunch date with the three of them is kind of a big deal for them as acquaintances/friends and it's a very cute little moment for Josuke to see him come around and at least try and be nice towards her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also everyone in Part 4 is obsessed with/infatuated by Koichi. Keicho calls him his pumpkin, Jotaro says meeting Koichi made the whole trip worth it alone, Rohan's also crazy and obsessed with him.

Actually, I'm surprised we never got a Yukako and Rohan fight over Koichi. Rohan's the kind of rude boy that would interrupt a date.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/TPeVf

Here's the whole thing on imgur

He throws a fish into Norisuke to let it swim around. Holy gently caress Araki what the gently caress are you thinking???

YOOOOO Hato.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm on Rohan's chapter now. Okuyasu and Koichi say that Josuke should escape to get Yukako or Jotaro, though Koichi notes that he doesn't want to see the former again.

So why are you dating her? :psyduck:

He's not at that point though?

He starts to date her in Cinderella's chapter, which is much after that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Xad posted:

Though to be fair, there's a ton of poo poo like that in almost every language. "Japan" in Japanese is Nippon or Nihon, yet somehow it's Japan in English, Japón in Spanish, Ilbon in Korean, Riben in Mandarin Chinese, etc. At least the last one has the excuse of it being the way you'd read the characters in Chinese, but yeah. I've always wondered how that happens.

The worst is still poor Deutschland. loving Germany.

I'll never understand why we don't just call countries what they call themselves. Who was the first rear end in a top hat to call España 'Spain'? It's not even close!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

or, even worse, like someone who doesn't appreciate Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls Season 8 is the only long running series that can possibly stand along side JoJolion when it comes to hype.

Can't wait for Jess/Yasuho to win the Rory/Gappybowl.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Xad posted:

People in the anime thread talking about how cool Echoes Act 2 is reminded me that I'm always really disappointed with Echoes Act 3. The stand goes from sound effects to sound effects that create REAL effects, to...making things really heavy. The first time the stand shouts "ACT THREE, FREEZE!" I thought it'd be like a weird "make a rhyme, then poo poo happens" thing, but THREE FREEZE is only thing it ever does, so I always found it really weird how Act 3's power has pretty much nothing to do with sound anymore, especially after how creative Koichi could be with Act 1 and 2.

I dunno, as right as you are about it losing the creativity gimmick there's a direct through-line about Koichi's development presented there. Act 1 cannot truly interact with the world, only causing echoes and copying others to genuinely change things. Act 2 turns those words into real actions, allowing Koichi to actually influence the world around him, showing burgeoning strength and resolve. Act 3 is the culmination of Koichi's development and striving out into the world his own man. It is the truest manifestation of his [Presence] to the point that he now has the force of will to completely overwhelm anyone else. As weird of a change up as it is it fits where that character was going perfectly and I kind of wouldn't want it any other way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

hmmmm okay but where's the woman in stilettos stomping on it

CakeStomps.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

If you want the guy in the flashback to actually just be Josuke via time travel you missed the entire point of Part 4's themes and are wrong and a butt.