Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't decide if Valentine's table time animation should be picking up a napkin or chugging a beer in one go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Really the only only one I'm bothered by is Hot Pants because I didn't notice it until after the book. Araki good at killing charecters is what I'm saying

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Can't wait till next chapter where Hato unleashes her stand and whoops her boyfriend's rear end

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

speaking of cute stands I'm still not going to be satisfied with Jojolion until they explain in the beginning of the calafornia King Bed arc where Daya's leg just got ripped off to the bone

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

On the flip side, Spice Girl vs The Notorious B.I.G is probably my favorite sentence of JoJo when out of context.

In Chapter 12 of JoJolion, "Paisley Park and Born This Way", there's this dude drawing with chalk in the street.

That's some paranoia agent poo poo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Araki needs to bring back that super brutal Part 6 Stand, Survivor but it forces everyone to dance Jojo-A-GoGo style

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Is every song on the soundtrack supposed to be tune to a Polnareffland themepark attraction base around said charecter? Dio's haunted mansion, Soft and Wet Splash Mountain, Yukako's smothering merry go round

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm not comfortable with Jojo music references outwardly resembling themselves, only DIO's the World should have that distinction

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I got in trouble because I got the Mom's mixed up, shame on them for giving Josefume's Mom blonde hair like Holly (I think I got that right)

I'm going have to have someone explain to me who Josefumi's Mom is, Who Kira's Mom is and Who Holly is just for the sake of review.

Also

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Josefume's Mom seemed sick like chronic headaches kind of sick, that's how I deciphered her grabbing the float ring.

Just double checking if that nurse is Holly because that's such a drastic change, for goodness sake nurse Holly isn't wearing any hats with her name on them.
Going back a bajillion chapters to Holly's introductions where they said she's missing like gaping holes of her brain, what could have gone on there now that we got some peeks into the past

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get the feeling that the appearance of josefumi's full stand might be important because if it wasn't then chances are we would have seen it by now and not just gotten the barest glimpse of its face which very much looks like S&W. if his stand just looks like S&W then what would be the point of hiding it?

What are you asking for? Soft and Wet's head on a 8 pack Punch Ghost?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

if anything gappy provided us with one of the most baffling out of context pages in jojo's history, that of someone sobbing after looking at citrus fruit

Take the tissue, Josuke

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

you still get people showing up before they were born like Avdol. Part 6's ending isn't new scarily the same universe parts 7 and 8 take place one.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I thought Pucci took out the Jostar family line so Irene and Jotaro weren't Jostars anymore and were replaced by that weird bee people in the prison

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViV3WzBrO6M

This is the worst Jojo thing I have ever witnessed

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

it comes to show how much Araki has toned down some of the worse parts of Jojo, female characters are given more agency and the poo poo eating has been diluted to a much cleaner piss drinking

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Monaghan posted:

But Claire seems to have hated the entire series. Also some of her complaints are dumb, like she complains that the main characters clothes are weird and no one mentions that. I am honestly wondering why she hates the later parts though.

If she got past Part 3 then she is probably judging from translated scans which is just a poo poo show if your already having a bad time no matter how good the translation is

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

One last thing about the last topic while moving past the comics alliance article. I feel I'm super biased on Jojo and it was interesting to see outsiders discuss it since I've been living in a echo chamber (this thread) for years , I was wondering if anyone had come across similar but more critical reviews of the Parts of the series that don't end up getting hooked on the series.

Like maybe someone reading Rohan goes to the Louvre without any experience with Araki or Jojo, that would be heaven for me right now.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Hello fellow people that like things, do you have anyone that does not like things

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 3, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I love how Arakis execution of the so called crucifixion

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Great, now I want to see Jolyne in her 30s

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Illuso continues to be the best female lead

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'd prefer sometime already obtainable so I'll just scatter cat parts around the room

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

http://comicsalliance.com/bizarre-adventures-battle-tendency/
Claire: Yesss. Yess, give in to the hate! I’m pouring Ripple oil on the flames of your disdain! Buuuurnnnnnn JoJo burn

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Everyone in the Irenemobile was banging eachother

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I am sorry Jojo thread I promise I will not post any future comic alliance reviews

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You don't need the fashion to get you laid it's all about the vogue

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

With how every good character in Jojo usually has their first appearance being a really hosed up creep, I'm suprised Speedwagon didn't kill that cat eating a puppy to show Jonathan the circle of life in The Alley

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Iirc wasn't part 5 in vanilla shonenjump jump? Crazy they could let him do that violence

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Did Funny Valentine and his goons kill the most protagonists in a Jojo part?

like I know Dio killed tons of people off screen, but I think out of all of the antagonists, Funny Valentine and his cronies actively killed the most protagonists and such, right? Like I don't even think it's close, is it?

I'd count Pucci in this so no.
Also are his cronies your referring too the alt PrezFuzzies because that's rude

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

A lot of people didn't realize how sarcastic Johnny was up until All Star Battle and thought he was genuinely impressed and supportive of all the wacky poo poo Gyro was doing

You have no idea how depressed I was to find this out..I still don't want to believe it but it's true. Also Joylne isn't gay

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The first thing any comic book artist learns in the 90s is how to draw Hulk

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I don't think anyone disagrees.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Part 7 anime gonna be fun guys

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Um, aren't they close enough to where we found Kira's body to think the next segment would be their deaths and merging? I think next chapter's going to be brutal for them

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I hosed this up so bad , I did not know how else to convey the joke and I'm pressed for time

If anyone finds it funny you can remake it not poo poo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

i still love that rich guy that only wanted to gently caress his wife and they thought it was so glorious that they weren't bothered by his eyes falling out of his skull

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kira loves his mom more than anything, he's definitely the nice half of Gappo

You know whose else loved their mom?

Di(eg)o

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Josue isn't even two people in that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I still would like followup/acknowledgment that Kira made a guy eat his own fingers

I didn't dream that, right? That totally was mentioned early on, right?

Like something out of Hannibal. Maybe there's a third Jojo Kira running around doing these things