Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

That's the general justification people have gone with, yeah. You have to want it.

polnareff discovered requiem stands because he dropped the arrow behind a cabinet and was using his stand to rummage around for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
everything after requiem shows up :smug:

also baby face

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

FirstAidKite posted:

I still remember reading through part 7 and getting really confused at where hot pants disappeared to and finding out she'd died

It was like "wait what, when did that happen" and then I go back and it's right fuckin there, idk how I missed it. I know I'm not the only one that missed her death either, but there's something weird going on where somehow I just never interpreted her death as being a death until later on.

in the moment, her death feels very much like araki cutting away from her situation to show the action somewhere else, which is something that happens very commonly, so you assume he'll cut back to her later on and don't think about it. there's nothing really there to imply that what's happening to her is more fatal than the poo poo other characters endure, and nobody mentions her after she dies, unlike almost every other main character death. it was handled really weirdly imo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Araki obviously didn't solidify she what exactly D4C does until after the shooting of Johnny Joestar so fit Valentine really can't have been from an alternate dimension

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i don't feel like i deserved to be probated for saying [jolyne] is jealous of organisms that can have sex with anything they touch in the anime thread, given the posts that are going on in there right now :colbert:

I didn't even say they were snails!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Kurtofan posted:

If i mamaged to snuck in a post in the anime thread before it was close, does that mean i can move in the stopped time

instead of twitching his fingers jotaro starts talking about touching star platinum's dick

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Chariot Requiem was in Vento Aureo.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
There was a post in here a while back making fun of people who thought the guy who saved Josuke was supposed to be Josuke, that went something like "my theory is the guy who protected giorno was actually diavolo"

My anime-only friend who knows vague details from the manga just unironically said that except she said "that gangster who giorno saved is king crimson"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
you ever think about how if diavolo had waited 2 minutes to kill trish instead of king crimsoning her out of the elevator, buccellati would have never been any the wiser

he was not a bright man

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I've been rereading Steel Ball Run and while it is the greatest story of all time, it occured to me that Gyro shouldn't have been able to see stands while he didn't have Scan, but there's at least one point where he clearly does. Hope somebody got fired for that blunder

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
That I would be willing to believe (despite the whole thing about Johnny losing Tusk along with the corpse parts one time and not the other), but according to the wiki he could see stands even before he got Scan the first time. Although it's the wiki so that may or may not be true. I'm not gonna get mad about Plot Holes in Jo Jo cause it's not a big deal but it was like the last rule that I thought was never broken

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
On a side note, even though I had recently been thinking about how lovely Hot Pants's death was, and I knew it was coming up, I still missed it when I actually read it. Pour one out for the coolest lady, she deserved better

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

It...did?

Unless you mean back again

Jesu's back

Back again

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Ok I'm almost done with my SBR reread and it's more amazing with my remember but I hope someone can explain this to me and it's not just a thing that makes no sense:

Johnny's final test for Valentine is asking him to pick up the revolver that a different universe's Valentine used to kill Gyro. The fact that this Valentine has that revolver on his person is the proof that he was planning to double-cross Johnny. But since it's a different universe's Valentine, why would he not have that pistol in the first place? I feel like there's something I'm missing.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I love that Valentine can't even not be a total racist and complain about how he can't let some Savage on the other side of the world have the corpse in his long speech that convinced a bunch of people in real life that he was the good guy. In other words, he's the best written US President character ever

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Weather Report and Weather Report

my favorite thing in stone ocean is when they say he doesn't remember his name so people just refer to him by his stand's name. but in the flashback before he ever got his stand or lost his memory he still is like "people call me 'weather report', well bye"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

johnny joestar submit reply

:hmmyes:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
johnny is the bisexual self loathing bastard to represent us all

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm gonna be real, after scarlet valentine i don't think i trust araki with actual lgbt characters

I chalk that up more to Araki being bad at writing women than him being bad at writing gay characters tbh. I was just thinking about that quote where he was like "you can write a story without any women at all, even a love story, be brave"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
if only he could have asked avdol...

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
manga readers should be banned from posting

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Johnny Joestar posted:

no, it's pretty easy to not be a dipshit and post spoilers

just probate the dipshits and scrub their posts clean before replacing it with 'I'm a dipshit!'

just in general

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
:ok:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
so is "uu tomoki" supposed to be wu tomoki for the steely dan ref but the HWMN is just not gonna change it

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
this, ozone baby's user eating a lady out, and yasuho saying that mitsuba put the baby pieces back in her "stomach", lead me to believe that araki is a rock person who just got the random wikipedia page for human reproduction, spiraled off from there, and wanted to put it in jojo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i believe he pushed ghiaccio into a spike by shooting his armor a lot, with a huge assist from giorno

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i'm pretty sure in the newer translation at least bruno just says he's sure mista would kill "a gay man" in prison, no slurs. which is still a weird thing to say and i know it was like 2000 but i half-doubt davidpro would keep the line, and doubt-even-more that crunchyroll subs would use slurs in that context

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
and yet she got taken out by steely dan, the ultimate jobber

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
araki goes out of his way to assure us that that is not Literally what happens, but the implication is still not appreciated

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
My theory is that the guy who giorno saved is the boss of passione

If you think that's dumb you're gatekeeping me

(I was going to post this in the anime thread but there are probably people who do think this)

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
my worldview changed forever when i realized that while annasui is freaking out about mickey, he's reading a guidebook for universal studios, not disney

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Xad posted:

Before the anime all I could tell you about Fugo is that I would have maybe remembered he was the guy with Deep Purple

fugo has purple haze

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
your scarf look like a dishrag

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/65kimetane/status/1077331501665026048

Narancia Home Alone

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
jotaro would be allowed to smoke legally

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I think the traitors refer to the gang (traitors to the boss). Unless the second half of the anime turns into a slice of life about fugo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Arist posted:

what kind of bizarre adventure would this be if the anime didn't preserve araki's weird mistakes!?!?!?!

honestly the worst thing about the new translation is that it """"""fixes""""""" di molto

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Dias posted:

A Horse With No Name.

her name is slow dancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the most confusing thing about the changed stand names to me is that gold experience had to be changed in all star battle, but soft & wet remained the same