Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

jolyne cujoh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The idea that star platinum is faster than light comes from the fact that it does have the ability to stop time which some fans assume is where its super speed comes from and the fact it could keep up with silver chariot which people think is faster than light because it caught hanged man while traveling between two reflective surfaces.

Of course this would also mean that tower of gray is a faster than light beetle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Whis is the only guy you can say for sure moves faster than light and that's just when he's flying across the universe.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

To dip back into dumb bullshit Stand power levels, doesn't Jotaro mention that Crazy Diamond is faster than Star Platnium and that's why Jotaro had to stop time to avoid getting socked in the face when he first met Josuke or did I totally make that up?

No it was because crazy diamond broke through Star Platinum's guard.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

Every blast hits the moon at near lightspeed when it happens, kamehamehas go into deep space in the same amount of time, and in the movies hit the sun in seconds, and they block/dodge that poo poo all the time ;) Also, Beerus goes faster than light after blowing up a couple of planets and Gotenks is near that when he circles the planet.

Dragon Ball is kind of consistent with things since they just fight each other and the only people that really follow their fights outside of tournament stuff where they're purposely not going all out is Satan. JoJos is waaaay all over the place with Stands, though.

Manga artists don't care that much about "feats."

Only in the anime :colbert:. In the manga time is vague enough you can assume substellar speeds. Also Dragonball is hella inconsistent about whether normal people can keep up with the fights or not.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no actually josuke is the best, sorry.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke wouldn't have lost to dio like his loser dad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's still overpriced by like 449%

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but... the first season was already dubbed? and released on home media??

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pucci did nothing wrong

if it weren't for him we would have never gotten steel ball run

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant recognize the game cover but the yellow cartridge makes me think Donkey Kong 64 and of course Josuke would play that.

its pokemon stadium 2

e: you gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

(You can figure it out by basically going to part page on the wiki that was being published in your birth year, scrolling to the volumes section and then clicking on ones that you think it will probably be from there)

the volumes come out months after the chapter publications....

e: you fool the chapter articles have their original release dates.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

I was born between Vanilla Ice 1 and 2

Also did those PVs ever get released?

no and they never will be

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

part 4 confirmed for 78 episodes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The air tanks are the only "diver" thing about them though. Get rid of those and you lose the reference.

you forgot the tiger he's riding in every appearance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zeruel posted:

Isn't the radio tower deactivated though :confused:

it distorts the path of radio waves because of it's energy deflecting properties.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

diamond is NOT shine

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What if josuuke throws sheer heart attack at someone using the golden rectangle?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

all i'm hearing is how jealous you are of joseph joestar.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i really love ancient joseph in part 4 because you can kinda see how he's definitely being affected by age and chances are he feels kinda useless by that point, but the bit where he saves the baby is a+ because it's definitely in character for him

You mean where he pretends to be affected by age.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Joshuu has gone down the drain and we will not see him again.

Until he emerges in part 9.

the drain actually leads to the same place as Cream

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Joseph should have killed kira's dad

it'd be like poetry; it'd rhyme

edit: especially considering all he was good for in part 3 was karate chopping cameras.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

has there been any official confirmation on episode count yet, anyways? i can imagine that the second season's OP/ED will be drastically different. at least the OP.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

his name is (well u don't need to know)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

That the ED ends with the boat Joseph Joestar arrives on makes me think we'll probably get a new ED after Red Hot Chili Peppers goes down.

but there's also a highway star shoutout.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hambeef posted:

i'm just realizing is koichi's hair not blue because of that stupid Frieza movie

that's bullshit that shouldn't count

yes because going super saiyan is faaaaaaar less recognizable than going super saiyan god super saiyan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

guys

what if the rock people are the descendants of angelo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dias posted:

How can you not recognize your great-grandson, Jonathan?

josuke?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So I just checked, and even though he should be married by now, Jotaro is not wearing a ring in the anime. It doesn't seem like David to pass up on a nice detail like that.

Jotaro is like all human beings and has his flaws

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Wow, Ringo is kind of bullshit.

It’s a shame there's no way he could fight DIO. I want to see how their Stands interact.

It's not that complicated. DIO either kills or incapacitates him in the frozen time or Ringo undoes everything when time resumes.

But then that means DIO can just stop time again.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BaDandy posted:

I'm more interested in DIO interacting with Rohan and having him suffer through "I will not attack Rohan Kishibe."

You say this as if they wouldn't make great friends.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Really if Rohan had been one of the Egyptian god it wouldn't feel out of place at all.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they kind of messed up the flowerpot thing. Shouldn't they have gone flying as soon as josuke teleported

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Condiv posted:

if they did that then josuke wouldn't get to call okuyasu dumb again and okuyasu wouldn't have been able to react cause his face would be caved in by plants

time doesn't move if you're talking in jojo

alternatively: have him say that before the space is erased

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dias posted:

"Hey, it's cool how they made Dio into a secondary antagonist and not the focus of the story for once, and how he has a power that isn't kinda broZA WARUDO"

It's fine tho he gets wrecked by a 14 year-old.

actually he gets wrecked by Dio :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait

why was it the 1988 miami dolphins and not the 72

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

Versace prefers the 88 Miami Dolphins he's quite the fanatic

they...they... didn't even make it to the playoffs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

at what point do you think araki was just like lets wrap this poo poo up forever when making part 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

Alternatively, I am also going to say that Araki trying to make Jotaro Dio's eternal rival in Eyes of Heaven is also loving stupid, because they never knew each other outside of the one fight.

honestly polnareff had more of a connection with DIO. He probably should have been the one to defeat him as well just to make that staircase scene worth something more than memes