Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Plus that finals scene with him and Shinobu sitting with Shinobu waiting for Kosaku to come home, while Hayato knows the truth, is peak :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Casting the Pt8 anime is going to be a nightmare, how will they find an entire cast able to say "Rokakaka" that amount of times without giving up.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Diavolo's "death" is the most disproportionate in the entire series. Dio just gets to be blown up, and he killed thousands of people. Diavolo dealt drugs and therefore is doomed to die over and over again for literally eternity.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If they don't end on Rolling Stones like it's supposed to, they're cowards and frauds.

I love Mista's backstory, given how much Pt5 is tied up with the idea of fate. Mista wasn't meant to die, even with 4 dudes shooting at him, so he just...didn't die.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I think next week might just end with the start of the Little Feet fight, like how last week's started with the start of Kraftwerk, so all the episodes are staggered a little. But yeah, Trish is definitely next week :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Man I forgot how brutal some of the villain deaths are in Part 5. I guess he didn't technically die, but still.

Cioccolata is going to be a trip.

I hope Cioccolata being MUDA'd is just that episode's end credits. Just MUDA for as long as the ending takes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Also doesn't help that it immediately follows what's generally regarded to be one of the best monster of the week fights of all time in Grateful Dead & Beach Boy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Diavolo looks cool as hell, just a shame he doesn't get much screen time. I kinda hope the anime fleshed him out a little, cuz he could be way more interesting.

People are gonna hate him because he's not as good as Kira, though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The one moment I hope they do justice is Doppio turning into Diavolo during the Metallica fight, where his eyes roll back and reveal Diavolo's hosed up irises on the other side. Also Doppio freaking out over the severed leg before it becomes clear whose leg it is.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's just a shame because that's a really cool concept in theory and the actual writing doesn't do any justice to that because he gets way less screen time than any other main villain.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's a shame that yeah, Doppio is hundreds of times more interesting and entertaining than Diavolo. The "phone calls" are gonna be so good in the anime, and the toy phone on the plane is one of my favourite sight gags in JoJo history.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I totally forgot Trish makes Fugo take his jacket off so she can dry her hands on it.

God, I love Trish.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Oh poo poo, the shadow chopping up Sorbet is Cioccolata, not Diavolo. Is that a new addition? I don't remember it at all.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well it was a really cool touch, and sets up Cioccolata as being the one to do Diavolo's dirty work.

I hope they keep the line where Diavolo mentions he only uses him and Secco as a last resort cuz they're so gross and weird.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

Wow I forgot about how Sorbet was killed. I guess Vento Aureo really is the most gruesome part huh?

Also the added scenes were really well done.

I dunno, Stone Ocean and especially JoJolion get pretty gross and violent too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Carne absolutely needs to come completely from nowhere just to preserve the joke of "Aw gently caress, just shoot him"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If anyone's going to complain about you posting about JoJo in the JoJo thread, I'd say they're in the wrong place, not you.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Momomo posted:

Between Mista hijacking a truck, Narancia destroying a whole block and Giorno stealing a hundred cars, part 5 is really anti vehicle.

Anti-dog and anti-vehicle is Araki's whole philosophy.

My favourite JJBA trivia is forever "over the course of Joseph's life, he's involved in 4 separate plane crashes"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Okay so "Jobin is the main villain" is back on?

Good lord I have no idea how part 8 is going to end.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

giorno is the worst example of it in the series. i wouldn't even blink if there was a fight where he won because sometime in the beginning he turned a handful of rocks into weird stag beetles that only eat a particular kind of moss which he handily also turned part of a wall into and while everything was going on he waited for them to eat enough of the moss until the wall fell onto the villain during some monologue. it would just be Another Giorno Thing.

compare to johnny whose ultimate power of 'actually, you're hosed entirely' is only achieved in a particular state after a long bout of personal development and the death of his best friend, and he almost ends up icing himself with it at one point. which i realize sounds kind of biased given my current username and such but it genuinely is much better handled than part 5's whole wet fart of a 'climax'. maybe the anime will make things better in my eyes. anything's possible. as it stands i'm just excited about the stuff along the way to the end, not the end itself.

My favourite thing about pt7 is how Tusk goes from what sounds like a joke stand, all the way to "this is the hard counter to one of the most powerful stands of all time".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I feel like I ask this after every Jojolion chapter but :wtc:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If it sticks the landing that is the ending, it'll be at least above average as JoJo parts goes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

After pt5's ED, I've learned to not even speculate.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I don’t believe for a minute that that was intentional

Except it almost certainly was? Like, why pick them if it wasn't? Again, it's not like the localisation staff sit around thinking "what's the worst name we can give this".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

Halfway there, his body type is different but you can faintly see that he has his hair tied back.

Plus he has the broken irises, so he's definitely in Diavolo mode right now.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, White Snake is one of those weird stands that's totally sentient, like Anubis and Cheap Trick and Yo Yo Ma.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gruckles posted:

God, Stone Ocean is so good.

I'm dying to see Stone Ocean be animated.

Especially given literally episode 1 will open with a discussion about masturbating because a prison guard looked like Tom Cruise.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bruno is on Magic Pixel like a Dark Souls boss.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

No matter how much something is telegraphed (and very little has been so far) stop trying to be coy and hinting at spoilers. If it hasn't happened in the anime, don't post about it in the anime thread.

Anyway, gently caress I can't wait for King Crimson Vs Metallica.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fact that Fugo did not get on the boat with them means he did not betray him. Even when Bruno did deviate from the plan Diavolo still gave him a chance to walk away. He does not seem the sort to just throw away useful pawns unless they clearly go against him.

Especially a pawn with a stand as powerful as Purple Haze. You definitely wanna keep the bioweapons on your side and easily to hand.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As with most Pt8 chapters, my immediate reaction is confused screaming.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tetracube posted:

doesn't he deploy Cioccolata and Secco as like a last-ditch effort?

I guess all the other ones might've just sucked

Yup, he even says that he hates using Cioccolata and Secco and that they disgust him, but they're a total last resort.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just because we're talking about EDs, someone suggested Heart - Barracuda as Stone Ocean's ED and now I'm gonna be disappointed when it's not that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

King Crimson without Epitaph is basically just narcolepsy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Arist posted:

It occurs to me that it's weird the end of Part 5 revolves around Diavolo trying to create a Requiem version of his Stand, considering the only other Requiem Stand he or anyone else knows of is Silver Chariot Requiem, which does nothing but create uncontrollable nonsense and is an active liability.

Not really. Like, at that point, Diavolo's goal is the same as it's always been. Murder Trish, murder anyone who knows who he is, escape.

He just makes a play for the arrow because poo poo, Silver Chariot Requiem causes chaos, including chaos he could very well used to murder Trish, murder anyone who knows who he is, and escape.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

JoJo's Manga Thread: Lieutenant Mamezuku Got New Legs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'd also be 100% down for Steel Ball Read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It especially helps for people who have never read JoJos for us to do Steel Ball Run, since it's a totally new universe, there's not a huge amount of background knowledge needed.

It also makes Hey Ya's first appearance even more of a mystery, which is great.