Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Joseph and Suzie Q are the best couple in JJBA. I hope they didn't separate at the end of DiU. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Silver Chariot's power is being so fast that it makes illusions.

Too bad it only ever uses that once in the whole manga. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Have you ever made a man so angry that he stopped time? I, Dio, have."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Spice Girl's Stand Cry is the second best musical reference. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Censoring a skull fracture would be pretty stupid considering that it's just bone, not some kind of deformed flesh injury.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

They've censored lesser injuries before and it's graphic. I hope they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.

2 hours until broadcast and all is revealed.

Censorship. :argh:

Worst Girl posted:

Here's a blog post from someone who I think must be working on the fixed translation of part 5. It's about how everyone is supposed to be characterized. I thought it was interesting.

Man, I wish we got to see more of Requiem Stands and whatever kind of Stand Bites the Dust was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How does Dio get his second form if he's fighting Joseph? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

watch the OP.

Holy poo poo.
Make sure you watch the OP.

I'll be sure to do so.

Nobody spoil it for me. :argh:

Aurain posted:

Ends just as DIO goes high. Lipstick confirmed.

Joestar is a hell of a drug.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 12, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I always said to myself that Dio probably killed the guy who shot at him when The World could only stop time for a moment since the bullets probably hit him.

I guess I was right. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dio wants the knife to move, but stop in front of Jotaro to scare him. The knife knows this and moves accordingly.

That's all there is to it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone on MAL said that The World having all of the Joestar's abilities would make sense considering that he was able to heal (via Crazy Diamond) Pucci's messed up foot.

I'm not sure I buy that, but do we ever get an explanation of how Dio did that?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

Aw man, why would they cut DIO's checkmate line? :(

I didn't realize it until you said it.

It was in ASB, too. Weird.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, it's strange that The Sun had better animation than Dio's World.

Bizarre, one might say.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope they keep Crazy Diamond's VA for the Part IV anime.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I kinda hope there's a brief snippet of Jotaro finding The Pathway to Heaven, though I understand if there wouldn't be. You'd have to expect the viewers to remember that for two parts.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think that joke would've worked better with Polnareff, considering his Stand Cry.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Today I remember that Rohan has a spin-off manga, so I decided to read it.

It begins with Rohan mentioning how he's bankrupt because he bought six mountains to prevent the building of a road so that he could study a yokai for his manga.

I made the right choice reading this. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

the real bullshit is that the gangster giorno saved never gets mentioned again despite him explicitly saying he's never going to forget him

He watched over him in secret and threatened the people that made Giorno upset. Presumably he died or something by the beginning of Vento Aureo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What is SRB? Am I going crazy?

Is this the work of an enemy Stand? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So apparently Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe is a series of horror-themed events interspersed with Rohan shenanigans.

It seems neat so far, but some of it is pretty gross. The woman drinking the dead guy's overflowing blood. :barf:

Really, most of these events make the JJBA universe look like an even more frightening place to live in. As if Stand Users and Vampires weren't bad enough for normal people.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd believe it. Most of this stuff is Rohan looking into or recounting supernatural phenomena.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

50 Towers of Gray trilogy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The only bit in part 4 I can honestly say I wasn't a fan of was the yukako/cinderella chapter. It's important for setting up that there's a person in morioh with the power to make people look different so that Kira can visit it later after sheer heart attack, and the cinderella power is cool, but I just don't like yukako and the manga suddenly acting like koichi and yukako should be together after yukako kidnapped and tortured him was just weird.

All relationships have their rocky starts. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Hairy Situation: Love Deluxe is bound to Yukako's hair, allowing it to grow to various lengths and move with considerable strength and dexterity. It can hold and capture objects and people with incredible speed and precision."

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Durability: A
Precision: E
Developmental Potential: B

Stand stats. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Exercu posted:

Kakyoin never removing his school uniform, even when sunbathing

I still have no idea how this works and it's still the funniest thing. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

bonewitch posted:

Every Joestar is a dork, it runs in the family

Not Jolyne. I think.

Xibanya posted:

Also, question, does Dio actually have a bone nub in the shape of a heart on his forehead?

Doesn't everyone?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jojo poses really should not be done unsupervised. You risk hurting yourself or others from the human body's inability to process such fabulousness.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

"No, not the band."

I imagine people say this a lot in JJBA.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know Part VIII Wham/Wamuu has been a thing for a while, but can I just mention I'm sad that his Stand isn't called 「Rock You Like a Hurricane」?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe they won't have an ED for that episode. Like when Avdol got shot.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fatty's death sounds like a good turning point. End the season with a glimpse of the main villain and next season starts with the investigation into him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, I mean, we get to see a hint of what his powers can do, but not everything. Just his primary bomb.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

That article about the real life guy named koichi hirose who got caught stealing tons of schoolgirl uniforms

No dignity.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wasn't expecting Mariah. I wonder how many characters this game will have.

I hope her taunt is making that weird face and calling someone a poo poo-eating bitch. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rolling Stone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And Vanilla Ice's Stand did end up creaming Avdol.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hey, Polnareff is now a powerful man in the Italian Mafia, and he never has to use a toilet again!

Yeah, I can't be TOO sad about Polnareff's fate in Part V since he's still in contact with Jotaro, apparently, and has another Jojo as a friend.

Knowing that Diavolo rips off his legs and makes him wheelchair-bound for a few years is kind of a sting, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"That Dio bastard... Finally the time for payback has come. Jotaro! I ask that you unleash the ultimate ORAORA on him! sincerely, Avdol."

I kinda hope he shows up as a ghost and says this. :allears:

Also, Joseph's VA sounds like a cool guy.

Fukuen Misato posted:

When we did our first recording, we snapped a picture all together. In the same pose as the one that shows up in the series. And on the last day of my role, we were asked to take the same picture in the same poses. In this last picture it's clear how our relationships have grown over the past months. Everytime I look at it I get a painful feeling in my heart and I feel like I'm about to cry.

:smith:

...Wait, does that mean Iggy's VA got on Joseph's VA's lap?

Koyasu Takehito posted:

I, DIO, want to express my gratitude to I, DIO, who allowed me (Dio) to spend such fulfilling hours as a voice actor.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 19, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

No Part 4 Teaser :negative:

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Isn't bitching and moaning a prerequisite of being a goon? :v:

I'm going to wait until the people I usually watch it with are on. Can't wait to see Star Platinum: The World.