Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Speaking of the anime, was it ever said why they stopped doing post-episode previews? DIU had them the day before new episodes, but they don't seem to be doing them at all for VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Did Diego ever do anything to Johnny outside of the race?

Also, it's been a while since I've read VA. How did Mista survive being shot in the head on the train? I remember that he did, I just don't remember how.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Number 5 stopped the bullet inside his head.

Johnny Joestar posted:

when in doubt just assume there's a bullet gremlin doing something helpful

Noted! Thanks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aerosmith is okay, but it has some overlap with Sex Pistols being another bullet Stand. At least Narancia gets lots of cool moments, though.

On that note, were Squalo and Tiziano gay or is that just the general Jojo vibe?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Well it was a really cool touch, and sets up Cioccolata as being the one to do Diavolo's dirty work.

It makes a whole lot of sense, really. Diavolo only seems to gut punch people to death, not chop them up into pieces, put them in frames, and mail them to people.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh poo poo, the shadow chopping up Sorbet is Cioccolata, not Diavolo. Is that a new addition? I don't remember it at all.

Secco is there, too, if you look on the right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I love how everyone is apparently just used to Ghiaccio screaming about nothing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently, Fugo's backstory doesn't match up with the details from PHF, which has people thinking there won't be a sequel OVA that follows it. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like Illuso could have won his confrontation if he at least had the foresight to bring a gun into the mirror world. I forgot that Moody Blues bodied his Stand.

Expect My Mom posted:

the last shot of part 5 needs to be fugo and mista meeting in the empty football stadium, you motherfuckers

:yeah:

This is all I really wanted.

Silver2195 posted:

Not sure I like the new backstory, TBH. I might prefer the idea that Fugo is just someone who suffers fools poorly.

Yeah, I'm not sure the rapey teacher was necessary.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to wonder why Araki made Avdol overpowered only to barely use him, then make Okuyasu overpowered only to barely use him, and then make Fugo overpowered and fight less than the previous two.

At least Fugo seemed to be set up to be a traitor and maybe have Giorno's immunity to his virus play into the inevitable fight, but still!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if DP will have Giorno heal it after the Baby Face fight.

Also, is it just me or is MitM kind of a lame fight?

Nephthys posted:

Obviously we can't say it in the anime thread, but for the record Cioccolata's "I'm a doctor so cutting myself into pieces isn't a big deal also I can still move all the parts somehow" is every bit as bullshit as snakebrick.

I'm looking forward to all the nightmares that will come with seeing that scene animated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Giorno never seems to make anything bigger than a snake, does he?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Willsun posted:

Also of course Fugo's coming back. It's prime material for a dramatic save with some kinda "Did you miss me?"

Ah, I remember when I first thought that.

And then Diavolo was going through his eternal torment and I was wondering where the hell Fugo was. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Rereading part 6 and what's up with Jolyne's lawyer being an elf?

Lawyers aren't allowed to be elves now? :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

Having his death skipped makes more sense than what actually happened.

I can't even remember what really happened. Did it involve the life punch?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, they basically gave away what's going to happen with Giorno and the arrow.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Watching the episode now (and the OP for the second time) and I only just caught that Spice Girl is in the OP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Biggie Smalls next week. :toot:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Notorius B.I.G. could have and should have been renamed literally anything but Notorious Chase, etc.

Infamous L.A.R.G.E.

Edit: Oh, someone beat me to it. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone just pointed out something about Modern Crusaders that I never even noticed. Rolling Stone has been at the bottom of the pillar this whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZIH8YdbSo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

People are one million percent within their right to hate Diavolo's backstory, it's nonsense

BUT

the way it's phrased as "This is a little story from the past" allows me to read it as almost a Believe It Or Not type rumor and I like that a lot. I know that's a harder sell when we see Doppio's past animated, voiced and scored, but from the guy who seeks to eliminate his entire past and so we have no record or witnesses other than the narrator, along with the narrator's language and use of "We", there's enough suspension of disbelief for me to think it's just a fun story and not cold, hard canon

"Not even the audience must know who I really am! :argh:" - Diavolo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know the lyrics have nothing to do with the plot, but I kinda hope this is the ED of Stone Ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMyNEzJpps

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

Head Doctor: Wants to make people trip and laugh at them.

Finally, a villain I can relate to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I figured he'd be using a voice changer to preserve the reveal. But then they made an allusion to Stardust Crusaders anyway!