Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the same chapter.
I don't need to explain why the pomp is the same while literally everything else identifiable about him is different, right?
like they're different outfits, how much harder does he need to say "DIFFERENT"?

Did you consider:

1: Koichi is narrating and he says it himself that he's unreliable on it

2: That the observer whose account he's narrating from was near dead from fever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

It's okay and actually probably intended to think that time travel bullshit is involved when you first read the chapter, but if you finish part 4 and you still think it's a plot hole of some kind then get the gently caress outta here.

It probably does work better as the anonymous person and I don't have much of a horse in the race either way but goddamn if some people in the thread aren't getting a little worked up over it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

The colored versions are about halfway through SBR at this point if anyone wants to re-read that way, Tattoo You is about to start.

e: looked at the supposed lyrics to the new OP and I'm into that's just about how much Josuke wants to kill Kira

I think the lyrics might actually be about Rohan and not Josuke

E: Nevermind, the lyrics on the wiki are different with regards to the arrow, I think one translation posted up here talked about the time since having been pierced with the arrow, and it's as much if not moreso Rohan's vendetta with Kira. I forgot just how much Rohan took the spotlight once he showed up, actually.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 11, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Possibly! The last OP was from Koichi's point of view and it's not like Josuke is as proactive about finding Kira as Rohan is, but I think Josuke is cooler and I like to think he's loving ready to ice this dude cause Josuke's a raw motherfucker

Josuke would never ice people though, it's not in his character and he literally comes out of DiU with a negative killcount (rats don't count).

I don't think Rohan does either but it's way more within his character to do so if the need came up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

You're probably right, and the lyrics only talk about just kicking his rear end, but Josuke condemns two pretty bad people to terrible and instantly Dorararara's a rando on the street who was talking to his son because he heard him say "My name is Yoshikage Kira", so Josuke would've probably killed Kira if he had too. Thankfully, papa Jotaro took that one cause man that would be messed up

Josuke would've merged Kira to a mannequin's hand but he wouldn't have killed him, condemning people was when there weren't any options left (neither Angelo or Terunosuke were likely to be rehabilitated, and both of their stands were both nearly impossible to neutralize permanently and extremely dangerous)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

... I'm not sure using spin on poo is a great idea.

Ah, someone who hasn't witnessed the power of the stand,

B O W L B R E A K E R

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How the gently caress am I not the only Kira at this convention

E: they're Bowie Kira though so they're the more Kira Kira, had a disembodied hand prop and everything

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 15, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Death of Eric Cartman

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Nerds need to brush up on their Futurama and watch Time Keeps On Slippin'

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I know I just dressed up as him, but it actually is hosed up on some level that a low-key creep like Kira is one of the most popular things out of Part 4

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

He's a great character, and I think Killer Queen Bites The Dust / Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is bar none my favorite JoJo fight, sooo he's pretty amazing.

Rohan is still best boy though. I was a little bummed he didn't tell that granny to gently caress off today, but there was a lot to do, so it's forgivable.

I know, he's really rad and Sheer Heart Attack/Crazy D are probably my favorite fights in the series

It's just something I feel a little conflicted about

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira is a loving high-key creep, dude is firing on maximum hosed-up cylinders at all times, but it just loving works. He's such a contrast from every past villain, gets a great amount of screentime and internal monologue and his Stand is one the best. Somehow Araki got me to root for a 15 year long serial killer fetishist who also murders two children and that's pretty cool.

Are you counting Hayato in there

E: I am unbelievably excited for the Smokey to systematically dismantle Kira and every one of his tricks

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 22, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira is a bad person who does very awful thing and deserves to die, but I root for him to win in Sheer Heart Attack every time. Even when he loses he still wins by forcing someone to steal someone else's face for him! God speed to the underside of an ambulance tire you gently caress.

The part where Koichi completely, utterly humiliates Kira multiple times is one of the best parts of part 4 and it's the peak of Koichi as a character for me

E: And Kira's defeat coming not from one person but the group as a whole and his death coming from an inanimate service vehicle is a perfect way to wrap up the communal themes of Part 4 by having him be essentially rejected by the community of Morioh for the awful crimes he did

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 22, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Something i was thinking about.

You think that when Pucci used his final stand to accelerate time to infinity, and everything started to degrade fast but people kept aging normally, that Santana became free for a few brief moments? I wonder how confused he was.

Not as confused as the 36 Kars on Mars were about the whole thing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

So we're looking at 2 parts for Bites the Dust, 2 parts for CD is Unbreakable and one part for Goodbye Morioh? I feel like that'll be solid but I still wish there was like, ONE extra ep in there to let some of the hyper moments in both arcs breathe.

Probably 10 minutes for Goodbye Morioh.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Stands can change size at the user's discretion, these Fools forgot the Lovers :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

A lot of them just aren't in relationships so it's unconfirmed either way. And with how homoerotic the series it's not unreasonable to assume that some of the characters might be queer.

Pretty sure that there's a villain pair in VA that's gay (Squalo was the name of one of them I think).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably the most 'WTF am I reading" stand of all, but Heavy Weather is the stand with the simplest sounding power (weather control) with the weirdest results.

Tusk does some incredibly weird poo poo, but the Spin is moreso at the heart of that, so I don't know if it counts.

Bohemian Rhapsody's power is literally making anime real

Ron Paul would be proud

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is still the best final fight in the entire series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hayato is the best and if you disrespect him you might be the worst

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

terrified of my bathroom posted:

hayato is a gross creepy boy and part 4 should have ended with him getting exploded by kosaku and then kira and shinobu living happily

They would've lived happily right up until Kira revealed who he actually was and asked for Shinobu's hand in marriage

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

It's been stated somewhere that the track coming out of Narancia's boombox, what they're dancing to, is hardcore hip hop.

Passione is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFSgDswZIM

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Are there a lot of rap/r&b stands? I'm assuming He Yah! Is named for Outkast's song. I can only think of Vanilla Ice and maybe Funny Valentine

Notorious BIG?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You forgot the surprise Darkrai at the end of the team. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I gotta say, I was sure I had reached peak bizarreness in this series but then 36 Kars combine their powers together to make a rocket ship to escape from Mars and I'm just left wondering where you could go to top that.

If I ever start a band I'm naming it The 36 Cars on Mars

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Olive! posted:

I still don't really understand Dragon's Dream.

Standing in the right spot works out for you and Dragon's Dream is an impartial rear end in a top hat who helps both sides find that spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Why does Paris get special privileges?

Because anime is a big thing in France relative to the rest of the non-Japanese world afaik.