Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's going to be a good boy in the next episode
rulululululululu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i hope female characters get to do stuff
in part 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Or 6 (six) pages of MUDAMUDAMUDA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pink Giorno has always been a thing in Araki's art and such. It's hard to say it's the primary or first appearance of coloured GioGio but it's always been a thing. Even looking at the super action statues, GioGio was pink on the first release and blue on second.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blue Bruno is for at the office
White Bruno is for on the town

Josuke 8 has some magnificent colour schemes though, he can rock them all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

On one hand, duh, obviously
On the other, I do love to see eejits get btfo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

guys what if

the pompadour stranger is
joe taro from vento wind but he used king crimson to go to morioh to save josuke?

this is possible because i don't understand the concept of writing a story retweet this

edit: some of you are saying the author said this isn't possible but what would he know, he only writes it there's an editor too and the editor might have intended this don't @ me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if you cat call, you a bitch
dude got off light

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 12, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I totally forgot Doppio is Diavolo being so explicit.

I get the first reveal of Diavolo when Polnareff seees him mixed up as the first time we know Doppio = Diavolo in my head.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I actually think we should collectively agree as a single internet to never acknowledge that disgrace of an image ever again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want the fuckboy to get destroyed

all of them because there are a lot of them in jojolion

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got a lot of "not taking no as an answer" vibes from Jobin there tbh.

There was definitely threat involved.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also adding in the fact that Jobin's defining characteristic is actual manchild who assaults people when they resist or challenge him...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the same time slot but shifted around 5 minutes.
I've not been able to catch the live broadcast because I had to go and get an adult life (gross) but it's possible that they're just giving Crunchy the uncensored video. They're definitely giving them different video files to the broadcast because Notorious BIG was BIG on the JP broadcast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King Crimson makes enough sense. It's the early poo poo with Epitaph and Bruno that muddies the pot. People over think it more than they really need to.
It absolutely does what it needs to do whenever it needs to but this bullet thing is extremely straight forward and simple.

A lot of it is to fit it into the catalogue of time powers too where, yeah, they are time powers, but they're not what they're advertised as.

Bites The Dust isn't really going back "in time", it's jumping back to alternate timelines to basically edit it to be the timeline you want while saving your results. So if Kira had known he had a full sweep that time he got Jotaro, Josuke etc, he could have just hung back and then used that as his perfect save and made that his new timeline innit.

But going back in time is a lot easier to say than the actual mechanics of BTD.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 28, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I blame youtube for giving people the impression that everything, absolutely everything, has to be dissected in a weird way which leads to frustrating discussions in which people inexpertly discuss their problems with "tropes" and "plot holes" and feel a bizarre need to make their viewpoint sound pseudo-intellectual instead of just saying "it's weird how this happens, I liked this, huh I hate this, anyway"

people using the word trope is generally a handy red flag

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A TV Tropes nerd: You see, Johnny is a [WELL INTENTIONED EXTREMIST] with a shade of [HO-YAY] and he [FRIDGE LOGIC] Valentine by [GROWING THE BEARD] and [YMMV] but he earned the [ESOTERIC HAPPY ENDING]

Me, a badas geek: Shut up nerd

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ultra Jump releases on the 19th. Hi Wa Mata Noboru generally have a source who gives it to them early (not always possible) and occasionally they have the entire chapter done in advance of the 19th but they've agreed with the source that they won't put chapters out before the official release day in Japan. Not like that means it's legal to release it or anything.

If the 19th's a Sunday, I believe UJ comes a tad early, not later. Not sure about that bit anymore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be protecting the source for sure.

Spoiler protection is responsibility of those who don't want to be spoiled, not fan translators.

HWMN don't have a monopoly on JoJo releases (though historically there's been some little drama about that and competition from /a/ and they are the only group currently) or information so they can't do anything to stop early information leaks anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Close to accurate

But you missed *spalshes Giorno with a warm piss and crumbles into dust*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think they'd probably have announced the single by now.
Figtiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing GOoooooooooooooooooooooold went much longer than CNBT

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Szmitten posted:

OP changes are tied to cour length which is typically 12-13 episodes. Despite Part 5 being 3 cour they changed OP in the middle so there's only going to be 2 openings. Commissioning songs and not outsourcing OPs are expensive/hard.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were struggling for the second OP, considering it's largely manga panel references with pretty much limited creativity.

Not to sound overly negative about the OP because it's ok.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

I'm at a weird place where I started buying the JoJoniums but fell off around halfway of Part 3 and I dunno if I want to keep going or not. I want to own Part 4 and absolutely Part 7, but do I wanna finish that collection? i love JoJo but that's SO many volumes and they don't even come in a cool carrying case like the One Piece volumes do.

what's an otaku to do

The DIO's World one is real good and it's the entire fight, get that one at least.

I stopped at 2/4 Battle Tendency and I do want to get them but they're p expensive and big and I'm not crazy about early SDC or any of BT. There's also the problem of the Japanese ones being a lot better quality in paper and print so the EN ones feel a bit of a rip.

I'm pre-ordering the DiU ones as soon as they go up to pre-order because I don't want to be in the position where Berserk Deluxe is where they're out of stock and god knows when they're back.

(Berserk Deluxe is so good).

Love how they're going with the OG volume covers for the most part too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 6, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd be better as different thread because like I said a while back I think this one needs refreshing and it'd get interrupted with JoJolion things and anime stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hatty posted:

Any impressions on the new Part 4 hardcover? I didn’t even know it came out this week and might swing by the store and pick it up tonight if it’s quality.
it comes out Thursday 16 over in the UK so if no one's posted about it from the US then, i'll try to remember to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

painted into a coroner posted:

The Forbidden Planet in Dublin broke that date then because I saw it for sale last Sunday.

RoI is better than the UK in every way tho

Darko posted:

Green Tea and Sanctuary, huh? I get Sanctuary, but Green...Tea?

It sounds like Tea a bit when he says it.