Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Imagine Gappy on the edge of a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

JOSEPH JOESTAR
1920 - 1938

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Million Ghosts posted:

DIO, the sexiest man alive

"alive"

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Get Swery65 to make a DiU game.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
The Jojo curse only strikes once and, well...

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Bad Seafood posted:

Looking forward to the anime-only reactions to Parts 5

They just included it in this episode

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
my nam is, ( u dont need to remember) standless boy

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Morioh Boyz is my favourite boy band.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Really hoping that real slow can Okuyasu kicks in the OP is stretched to make up for a yet-to-be-inserted Rohan section.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I can't believe Josuke is actually Koichi's counterpart and Yasuho is Josuke's.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it looks like we are in fact getting Thus Spoke Rohan as a bonus for people who collect all 13 BDs. 39 episodes confirmed too.

Still wondering how they're gonna pace this. 2 eps for Nijimura Bros sounded good but they'd have to cover the Bad Company ambush, Josuke healing Okuyasu and Koichi, the entire Bad Company fight (feat. Koichi laying an egg), all of Dad Nijimura, and Keicho getting killed in one ep.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Glad we finally got an answer as to why they dropped the CGI op

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I wonder if the arrow holes RPS Kid and Stray Cat get are gonna be uncensored, they're not really gonna stand out against regular bleeding arrow wound otherwise.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Was watching the ED again and

They're only there in the ep 3 ED, in the ep 2 ED there's no alley.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I see people all around complaining about the stand names getting changed in the subs, but no one ever talks about the real name change tragedy

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I'm rereading DiU and I got to the part were Rohan straight up damns a stand to hell.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Just finished rereading DiU and while DavidPro probably won't do it they can have a lot of freedom rearranging some battles. All of the fights after AHF have some really simple continuity (I can only think of RPS Kid/Cheap Trick, I Am an Alien/Superfly, Highway Star/Enigma and Stray Cat/That's Not My Dad). They could also slot Let's Go Out For Italian/I Found Something Dangerous/Let's Go Hunting anywhere.

DiU is still great and I'm glad I finally got around to reading the good translation of the last volume, since it was the only Duwang left during my first read.

no they will not posted:

All the stand name changes SUCK except for Worse Company and Maiden Heaven

FA3RP

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Sticking with the source material at least, I always thought Chilly Peeps was a pretty bland fight and the better half of it is in the next episode.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

Any idea what the flowers, cake, and gifts where the two rats run across is referring to or am I just really dense?

No idea about the gifts, but the flower+cake looks to be one of Ratt's goo balls.

On the same scene opposite to Ratt there's some bills and coins, presumably from the lottery?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Wonder if David will fix the most glaring plothole in Let's Go Hunting: Jotaro gets very close to dying but his face never gets split in two.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Where are y'all getting those length estimates you're feeding the Anime thread, both SDC and SBR clock in at ~3k pages each*, though I can't really blame you for forgetting 90% of pre-Egypt SDC.

* (152 20-page chapters vs 24 20-page chapters and 71 ~40-page chapters)

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's going to be a bit weird going from "we have a single clue to finding him" to "we have figured out the clue"

It's pretty much what happens in the manga though, they find the tailor the day after Kira drop offs his coat.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Josuke Hig4shik4t4 and Josuk8 High8shikata.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Does anyone remember this video of a child with a bunch of jojo toys, and they were quizzed on who the characters were? Am I going crazy or is that a real video

This one?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

it's not instant as "Tomorrow, Jotaro and Koichi Find Him"

It kinda is though, they find him the day after he drops off his stuff at the tailor's:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

well dang, aight then.

drat shame we only get four weeks of Kira instead of five

We still get five weeks of Kira, it's just Dad Kira for the last one.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Pretty sure every prediction from when SDC ended was for a 48-ep DIU.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Koichi would be extremely powerful if he had continued with Yukako's ESL Learning Regime.

ChaosArgate posted:

Alright, who did it. Fess up now.

Shameful, especially since Sheer Heart Attack is from News of the World, not Sheer Heart Attack.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Begemot posted:

And yet he never knew either of them :(

Mudas are genetic, apparently.

To be fair both of his dads died over 100 years before he was born.

Now that Jousouke fella, he has 2 dads and 2 moms.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I was just rereading part 7 and came to a horrible realization: I forgot

...about President Valentine's sweet-rear end scars!! :911:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I've got bad news about SBR's color scans y'all. The release for Volume 19 doesn't include the Author's Note. Who'll warn young people about climbing trees now?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Nevermind, turns out I'd checked Vols 12-18 from somewhere else and a repacker probably added them back in, the Real Actual JJCA Releases don't have the Notes.

I hope you can forgive me being overzealous, you can never be too careful about the leaved menace.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Oh I get it, Lucy was carrying the head of Dio!

She was pregnant with Jesus's head.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
If only they had some very tiny swarm-type stand that could help track down the healing nail clippings. If only.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Roach Warehouse posted:

I swear to god if we never learn the identity of that weird guy Josuke flashed back to while fighting the man upstairs, I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

I won't be surprised at this point if it ends up being an early design for Kira, Joubin or Damo.

It's Josuke Higashikata.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I agree in that it's probably the low point of what's left, but on the other hand:

Also, with the luck and (stand) part collecting aspects, it's obvious now Janken Kid came back in SBR as Jesus.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Let's talk about the real crop circle of the episode folks:

One the outer ring we have, clockwise: Echoes, Heaven's Door, Star Platinum?, The Hand, Hermit Purple? and Crazy Diamond.

The inner circle's harder tho: Pearl Jam, ???, EWF, Harvest?, Highway Star, Surface, The Lock, ???, Atom Heart Father? and Achtung Baby.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yeah, and even if you managed to cram I Am an Alien into a chapter, you'd have a severe pacing shift going from cramming 7 chapters in an episode to 4 chapters/ep, and if there's one arc that shouldn't feel slow-paced it's the one about going fast.

El Burbo posted:

I think that's Cinderella not atom heart father, it's what its eyes look like

Ah right, then the rose is Yukako and the inner circle is Jojo's Extended Pal Crew (+ Keicho).

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yukako appears a bunch in the OP so maybe she'll get to meet up with the group and get BTD/hang out with Jotaro, Koichi and Rohan while the fight is happening.

Raserys posted:

i bet if jonathan had told erina about what was going on she would have defeated dio

She was the one responsible for sealing him for 100 years, so technically she was more successful in stopping Dio than that jobber Jonathan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Let Daiya ride the bike.