Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

* Emperio's origin

You know, I really enjoyed Part 6 - Jolyne was incredibly badass, and Pucci felt even more hateable and insane than Dio, not to mention absolutely everything about Weather Report - but at times it seems like the most incoherent part...

I mean, what the gently caress was up with that bone Emporio gave Jolyne? Just... a regular ol' bone lying around that happened to poke Jolyne during the illusion? What about DIO's plan is supposed to make sense? HOW did he even find out about that? Why could Pucci's C-Moon stage apparently age half of a living being, when Made In Heaven explicity doesn't affect those? And why does Green Baby love Rhinoceros Beetles that much? (Barring that thing being just a weird Beatles joke)

I'd also like to state that the very first Stand user Jolyne fights - the prisoner who could shrink people, and who had a habit of forcing those people to wear the corpses of tiny animals as suits - is probably the most despicable one-off villain in the entire series, for me. She... she killed an adorable little parrot. And forced a guard to live in its skin before dismembering him. But somehow, it's the "killed and hollowed out a parrot" part that really got to me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It speaks better to the themes of part 4 and Morioh itself if it was just some random town citizen helping him out and not Josuke himself (who we already know to be a Nice And Cool Dude) saving baby Josuke. That way it's another example of what Joseph calls the Golden Heart of Morioh and not just some dude saving his own skin.

JoJo is good.

This is all totally true and rad and good.

However, I'm still convinced Araki totally intended to do the timeloop, and changed his mind to the better version later down the road :v:

I'm curious how this scene would (aaaaaah who am I kidding, WILL) play out in the anime. Maybe they'll actually make the mysterious stranger more distinct from Josuke. Or they keep it, just to gently caress with anime viewers as well.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

There's gonna be a Paisley Park-esque Stand that exploits and/or creates plot holes, mark my words. A Stand that can rewrite the past, but only if it explicitly contradicts it. And you thought King Crimson confused people!

I'd come up with a name for it, but I know fuckall about music and literally 70% of my music knowledge come from reading JoJo.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Man. Re-reading Part 7. There's a lot to be said about the placement of the final The World DIO vs. Johnny, but the fight itself is so awesome - and it has such great time fuckery!

I mean, Dio fires his gun during the time stop, runs out of bullets, notices one of his bullets hovering in mid-air and about to miss, so he takes the fired bullet, reloads with it and fires again. Not sure how that would work, but drat if it isn't awesome. Super-broken ability vs. super-broken ability. In hindsight, I'm cool with Johnny losing his final battle, only for Lucy to horrifically murder Dio. All that is missing is a short scene for Pocoloco, just to show Hey Ya subtly helped Lucy.

Steel Ball Run is so great, you guys. :allears:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I re-read the parts where Bruno fights against King Crimson, and whelp, that translation sucks rear end... No wonder everybody got confused - it's a confusing ability to begin with, and the explanation is pretty bad...

Actually, I think it's much easier to explane it with prediction. King Crimson has Epitaph, which always lets him see the next few seconds (something he can also extend to others, letting Doppio and Bruno see the future as well - although it beats me why he let Bruno do that...). And his main ability is to erase that predicted time: nobody remembers it, and he himself exists outside the prediction - everything predicted happens a 100%, but he can still do something different, and be the only King Crimson left afterwards. Nothing in the erased time affects him and he can't affect anything else - that's why it's such an ingenious loophole when he uses his own blood to blind people. So basically, it's the ultimate defense, and the key to defeating him is to trick him into setting himself up incorrectly: like when he thought Mista's bullets would kill, or where Bruno's attacks were coming from. Or I guess suddenly having an instant-kill ability that works on touch without your awareness. :v:

The most confusing parts seem to be Bruno seeing the future for a short while, and Narancia's death. The first could be Epitaph (again, no idea why Diavolo did that - just to troll Bruno or what?). And the second... well, it's extra confusing, since it seems to go against everything we know about King Crimson - that he can't do anything in erased time, he has to leave erased time first, but it looks like Narancia has already been killed, The World-style. Really does look like he just threw Narancia on the grate and then erased time so that nobody notices. Who knows - maybe, when we get an anime adaption, you'll actually see Giorno's body yanked offscreen just before the time skip happens.

It's funny how King Crimson is the ultimate defense in close quarters, but on a distance, it's basically just a confusion ray...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure, once the anime hits that part, people are gonna ask over and over again "Why didn't Josuke just fix it". Including that button from Kira's suit. Not that it'd have made a difference, seeing how they ended up at the shop anyway...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

standard owl posted:

He made Giorno drink his piss and revealed an impression of Diavolo's face that in retrospect, didn't look like Diavolo at all.

...what did that even accomplish? I mean, they get a look at Diavolo's face - but it's totally unimportant, because Diavolo is the one who ends up hunting them (and Polnareff) down. And even so, Polnareff immediately contacts the gang anyway. I get that it was done on Araki's part to show that his death wasn't in vain, but... it kinda was. Normally, he seems pretty good about avoiding pointless deaths. Even the sheer madness and carnage of Part 6's ending had a point to it, where every single one contributed to what ultimately brings down Pucci. But in Part 5, Abaccio dies, the gang is effectively dead in their tracks, and only Polnareff saves the day - and Narancia dies the very second he throws up a single death flag. (Funny enough, not long after they get their stand power-up, which doesn't make any difference whatsoever for anyone...)

Underworld is the superior Moody Blues anyway. :colbert:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

Soccer bros's ability reminded me of Crazy Diamond with how the handcuffs broke into stone and reformed into the one guy's hands, as well as the cop's hand breaking off and then being reattached with the handcuffs on him.

Yeah, that really reminded me of Aqua Necklace's fate. Looks like he can dissolve anything with his left hand, which then reforms out of the rock on his right hand. Only it reforms with no regard whatsoever what is in the way, enabling him to fuse things... So, in a way, he can link together things in a crazy way? No idea. And I'm curious what the hell is going on with the weird zipperball...

Also, this chapter once more confirmed that Karera is awesome. The most parasitic bum to ever exist. She really does raise mooching off others to a new level. :allears: Her ability reminds me of a reverse Love Deluxe / Stone Free; I'm curious what some of the nastier applications could be. Have someone grow hair on the inside of their body? Dunno. So far, it seems like her Stand only grows perfectly normal hair...
Also, could this chapter mean she's not one of the Rockmen? After all, she was hanging with Kira and Not-Josuke, who - as far as we know - weren't Rockmen either. And the two soccerbros, who seem to be after her, definitely seem to be Rockmen. Then why does she fit into the naming scheme, and is a throwback to Kars? :psyduck: The mysteries!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Annasui was a creep and I like that stone ocean kept dumping on him being a fuckin weirdo

I'm still not sure what to think of that guy. On one hand, more or less unrepentant double murderer and a creep. On the other hand, downright hilarious sometimes, and a stone-cold badass. I liked how he turned someone's ribcage into a loving mine after briefly noting he's an enemy, or how he calmly stated that Pucci will now kill him, please get ready.

I... I wanted more Weather Report - Annasui buddy comedy. :(

FirstAidKite posted:

That had a reason though. Fatty valentine got stabbed and swapped out with a healthy one.

...huh? When did that happen? I thought Valentine's first "death" was when Lucy stabbed him and he switched with help of the chair, and he was already buff at that point.

Man, thinking back, Valentine must be a really lucky villain (right after Pucci) - if I remember correctly, during the Hot Pants - DInO - Valentine fight, Hot Pants makes DInO look like another Valentine while there's already three D4C-less presidents out there, and DInO uses the confusion to DECAPITATE three Valentines instantly. If the "real" Valentine had been among them, he'd be dead immediately without opportunity to switch. 75% chance of death, that was close!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, it might very well be that we already have the big bad with our bug fighter dude. Could be very interesting, he's really cool, silly AND menacing!

All that's left is figuring out how his abilities could be time-related in the end...

Clearly, it's inducing the heat death of the universe

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

apparently the stand's range is a maximum of 10 centimeters

what the almighty gently caress can that stand entirely do

Soooooo

Heating something up to roundabout 70° by swiping it within 10 centimeters.

I have a feeling there's some hidden physics fuckery hidden in this ability that makes it utterly insane. Valentine was rather simple too, and look what he got up to...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Stands are best when they involve utterly insane pseudo-scientific bullshit that is countered by even more insane pseudo-scientific bullshit.

Therefore, Weather Report is the best.

Q.E.D.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Pomp posted:

I can't wait to spend 3 years reading the finale of jojolion.

We will spend 1 of those years wondering HOW the main villain is doing whatever the gently caress is going on.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The final fight vs. Dio 2.0 might not be placed all that well, but drat if it isn't an incredible timestop battle. You can pretty much point to that fight as everything a JoJo fight should be (except place it somewhere else). Featuring such highlights as firing a gun during timestop, noticing a bullet missed, and reloading with that exact bullet while it's still hovering in midair.

It's also funny how there's at least four different Dios in Steel Ball Run. The most Dios.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Wow. Cool fight. I guess it's a good thing we're going through antagonists so fast, but I'm wondering if some of them won't come back in some way... We do have a Jesus tree around somewhere, no? After all, we still don't have a clear big bad, and every openly antagonistic character died soon afterwards. That architect dude seemed fairly important.

But I think its very cool how so many characters have ambiguous motives! Pretty much anyone besides the two main characters could turn into a villain later on. (I hope half of them do)

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

True that. I think Joshuu needs to be more involved in the next arc or get into another fight to push him into likable territory for me.

No way. Joshuu needs to stay a hateable little prick forever.

He's just that good at it.

Also, if anyone needs to come back and kick some more rear end, it's maid Jotaro Nijimura. Wanna see ice motorcycles pop out of the most ridiculous things that can be opened.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Paisley Park seems to just kind of do her own poo poo but I'm nt sure if that counts.

Paisly Park is great because its power is being the ultimate guide, to the point that - to a limited extent - it can even alter reality to get you closer to your desire. And the greatest thing? You don't even have to KNOW what you desire, because Paisley Park already does.

Hence Paisley Park continuously guiding Yasuho to Josuke :3:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Aurain posted:

It does seem like he's got some sort of mind control stand, which takes the sex comment into a whole new league of gross.

Maybe he can influence people that he got those smeary fingerprints on? That could mean Joshu and Norisuke might already be out of the game, or they turn into enemies. Oh, I hope they do. Not only to see their stands more in action, but also for another chance to see Joshu put down. Moments like that are why his character exists, and it's great.

Loved Norisuke, really. His entire demeanour screams "horrified overprotective dad", it's great. :allears:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This is gonna be the coolest game to watch best-of compilations on Youtube from

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

GodDAMN. Thread title delivers. That's one of the quintessential JoJo chapters right there.

So, about that Stand...
So it seems safe to say that the actual Stand are all those handprints smeared across the walls. They seem capable of moving a little themselves, but other than that, it looks like Damo has to apply it to a surface himself... Meaning he probably did slather his sweaty disgusting hands over everything. You're so gross, you strange neckless chair-murdering man. :allears:
And once someone touches the Stand hands, they turn super-soft until they're basically jelly, and even the slightest power can distort them. (That loving panel of water going through Josuu's head, drat) But I guess there's more to it than that... After all, it seems to take a different amount of time for everyone? Or can Damo trigger the ability at any point, and he's waiting until they're out of Hato's sight? Hm. Pretty sure it's all gonna be reverted later on, unless Araki just casually killed off at least one character without fanfare. Although Josuu might end up in interesting places.

Looking forward for the inevitable Hato showdown.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, I've got OPINIONS on this. Check this out.

First: it's loving AWESOME OH GOD I CAN DIE IN PEACE that is when I've actually watched it HELL YES

Then: I sure hope the anime does the comic justice! 'cause truth be told, I wasn't 100% convinced by the Stardust Crusaders anime. At times, it looked like upgraded manga panels with added lip flaps. It sure isn't a show that one should expect awesome, fast-paced & fluid action from (it's far too talky and explanation-heavy), but there's a couple scenes that I hope get an appropriately ridiculous part of the budget assigned to them so that they look as great as I imagine them. Like the Highway Star fight. I want insane bike action. DO NOT DISAPPOINT.

On the plus side, I feel like an anime won't feel as drawn-out as Stardust Crusaders, simply because a) Diamond Is Unbreakable is much better ( :colbert: ), b) DiU is much less repetitive and has more unique fights / stand confrontations and c) DiU is the only JoJo so far where it felt like it could go on forever, and stay ridiculously good. Which isn't meant as a dig versus the other parts, it's just one of DiU's particular qualities.

I will judge this adaption based on how awesome Okuyasu and Kira are. In particular how they sound. I'm not sure what an undetectable Stand explosion would sound like, and I want to know...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

chaos rhames posted:

Of getting liqufied and turning into possibly-alive wallpaper ghosts, or dating that thumb guy?

Wait - what exactly ARE the wallpaper ghosts? Are they just super-thin layers of persons being liquified, which get shaved off whenever they touch something? Or are they the actual Stand and touching them triggers the liquification? They can definitely move around, given how they're even up on the ceiling and whatnot... I guess we'll see. In any case, I thought it was great to see the contrast between the big horrfiying panel with all the hands creeping in, and neckless balding creep Damo in front of it. I love that guy already.

Didn't have much trouble following the chapter, really. There's a lot worse (I think the one where I was by far the most confused was the piss-drinking dude from Part 6). I just had to re-read it all the time because it had the most WHAT THE gently caress panels of this entire part, probably. I love it.

I also like how Araki has almost stopped giving explanations mid-battle. They Stands are usually introduced with various examples, where you can figure out yourself what it does, and there's at best a couple throwaway comments on it later. Or the characters are actively trying to figure it out themselves and we follow their thoughts, since fighting a Stand is usually 90% understanding what the gently caress is going on... I like that much more than the old cliched shonen way: "This is my name, this is my character trait, and now that I've blocked your super move here's the explanation of how my powers work". JoJo diverted from that all the time, given how it's awesome puzzle battles, but I like that there's even less explanations now. So far, I think it's worked very well.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

It's also neat because it further characterizes otherwise closed book cases like the Eleven Nameless Men to whom Tattoo You! belongs. That they all share the same stand with no significant deviations between them suggests an incredible degree of teamwork, unified conviction, and mutual understanding.

Man, that whole fight is incredible, yet it's barely mentioned (probably due to several strong contenders for best battle if Part VII...). Not only is it an insane slaughter from beginning to end, with Gyro and Johnny pulling out all their techniques, it's also non-stop action without dialogue. Holy poo poo, I need to see this animated some day. And at the very end, the last remaining hitman "wins", but he looks utterly devastated. Great stuff.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

According to Ultra Jump, Abbachio almost made it to Eyes.

Well that's too bad, but frankly not too much of a l-

The next nearest character was Ringo Roadagain.

gently caress

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This is cool, we're actually getting flashbacks. Answers: imminent??? (Haha who am I kidding)

Got somewhat confused towards the end of the chapter, though.
What the HELL was going on with that plant? Josuke threw it against the door (to open it, I presume), but Vitamin C touched it so the leaves started drooping off. Only the thing BOUNCED all across the place before that. Does this mean Vitamin C not only makes things very soft, but also elastic? Norisuke's hand smacked back into his face once the glass dropped out of it, after all. I'm not sure why it's a big circular motion, though...
All in all, very confusing panels right at the end, there. I guess we'll find out next chapter if touching something under the effect of Vitamin C also confers it on someone, in which case Josuke might have a problem now.
I love this stand. :toot:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It's Spice Girl on crack, basically.

Kind of wish Trish was this inventive though.

I guess that's just what happens when a character does exactly two things in the entire story.
Also, villains are allowed to do body horror stuff. :v:

My favorite was the carbonation in Norisuke's drink bubbling up through his face

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This flashback is cool. Josefumi is cool. Kira is cool. JoJo in general is pretty cool right now.

I'm not sure I get what Josefumi's Stand power is, though. He can attach things with bubbles, I guess? Is that how he took the pepper out of his soup, by attaching the pepper to his hand? Weird. I suppose we'll see that in action soon enough. Kira seems largely the same, power-wise, only instead of touching things he uses floating bubbles; and it seems he doesn't even have to blow up the bubbles, as we could see when he smacked surfer dude in the face.
...it was never explained how that made surfer dude "eat his fingers", wasn't it.

I like how we're getting some postmortem action for the stonemen. First the architect, now tree dealer dude. I guess we'll see eventually how the architect kills Kira - maybe we'll have more events with characters that have already died, that would be nice!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Wow. Flashback got my hyped. :dance: Flashback and Vitamin C torture in parallel is really cool. I'm still not buying that Damo is our big villain, although it would be both entertaining and hilarious considering what JoJo big bads usually get up to... That role seems to go to Joubin. But I sure hope he sticks around.

Looking forward to seeing Karera punk Damo in the past, and Hato punk Damo in the present. Somehow!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Ahahaha, I was born on the day that Steely Dan was Ora'd into oblivion. :allears:

I guess I should be lucky I didn't get the Sun instead. Like

Who'd want that

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Seems to me that the damage is only permanent if it's done by cutting with an edge. Everything else sooner or later snaps back into the original shape once Vitamin C's influence is gone, or if the softness hasn't progressed that far yet. So "cutting" with the yen note did real damage, but something much more severe like water flowing through Joshuu's head or the dad having bubbles rise through his forehead probably doesn't do anything permanent.

On the other hand, that probably means Best Dad actually lost a hand :ohdear:

I absolutely love Damo. A dumpy, goofy looking dude among a cast of supermodels, but he looks so livid in this chapter. Awesome.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What exactly did kira do to get the cell phone to karera and hide sheer heart attacks in her hair?

I was confused about that, too. Theory:

Since he's met Karera before, he probably asked her to attach a hair to the phone so that she could retrieve it, and to go meet them. Either Kira expected her to try and steal the phone that way (???), or he sent her a signal of some sort; maybe he sent her a message once he realized they were under the effect of a Stand. And then, once poo poo hit the fan, he had two Sheer Heart Attacks travel along the hair and hide.
I don't know how much of this was planned by Kira. Maybe he met Karera and later realized she had attached a hair ('cause she's a stalker), probably to steal the phone and use it as an excuse to go bother him some more. So when Damo threw away the phone, Kira probably expected Karera to show up with it shortly, and he sneakily sent out the SHA when his hand was dangling off the boat's edge (I think it even was the SHA hand).
Oh boy.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Diamond is Unbreakable is one of those parts that could literally go on forever and I'd fuckin love it. It's not even the excellent "fights", it's an incredible cast of characters that you can watch bounce off of each other forever. I wouldn't want to remove anything, but I'd say some other parts go on a little too long; if you ask me, parts of 3 and 5 drag on a little, and even 7 does. 4 never does. If anything, there's not enough of it!

I wanted more fights for Okuyasu, more scenes with his dad, more Tonio, more scenes for Cinderella before her death, MORE ROHAN BEING A TOTAL DICK, more Earth Wind & Fire, and holy poo poo I want Yuya Fungami around as an ally more his stand is RAD

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite part of Part 4 is Part 4.

Except for Cheap Trick.

I really like Cheap Trick, because it's hilarious

"I USED MY POWER OF TALKING TO ORDER DOZENS OF PIZZAS, ROHAN!!!"

:allears:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kind of like how Josuke used Soft & Wet to pull all the oxygen out of Yagiyama's body. There's no real reason why he couldn't have done that to Damo or anyone else he comes up against. If there's a potentially overwhelmingly powerful way to use your ability, brush it under the table

About Josuke's suffocation stunt...

I think Josuke had to touch Yagiyama for that to work, AND they were underwater. He was basically suffocating Yagiyama much faster. If he had tried that on Damo or the Aphex twins, I guess not much would've happened, they just would've gasped for air a short while and that's that. I mean, it's not like doing that to Yagiyama instantly knocked him out... That's my justification, anyway.

Also, I believe Soft & Wet has to touch something either by hand or with its bubbles to work? I guess bubbles were too slow, and Josuke never touched Damo due to Vitamin C and Damo's rad coin trick.

It's not like Soft & Wet isn't insane enough once he touches someone, anyway. Aside from that blood bubble stuff, he can just instantly blind anyone. I'm sure we're gonna see even more insane concepts being "stolen" towards the end of the story...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Well, it kills Yagiyama because he's underwater and rockmen collapse underwater without oxygen because of some respiration crap the manga itself explains much better than my memory ever could. Even in a person in fresh air though, it'd be a fucker and if he can take the oxygen from your bloodstream, there's no real logical reason why he can't take something else equally important.

I found the flaw in your reasoning :v:

That said, Soft & Wet's plunder ability is 100% ranged and doesn't require Josuke or the Stand's hands to touch its target at all. His first usage of it is to drain a boatload of water from a police woman from long away. I believe it's meant to be part of Kira's contribution to Soft & Wet, in addition to the bubbles violently exploding.

I want him to steal the concept of「TIME」from the final boss' stand. And fill a room with his bubbles and change every single one of them in a Sheer Heart Attack.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose only the bubbles have to touch something to steal it. That might be an explanation for why he didn't use it against Damo: his bubbles were already stealing something (moving the Hato sludge through the chimney), and even if he had tried, I guess punching goes faster than shooting bubbles? :shrug: Point in case: almost all successful stealing moves that Josuke pulls off are either him touching the target directly, or sneaking unnoticed bubbles somewhere.
I, too, look forward to the absolutely insane poo poo Soft & Wet can get up to. We've only hit the tip of the iceberg...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Just had a weird thought about the most recently introduced character, Kaato Higashikata.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking she's got a good chance of being the Big Bad of JoJolion... So I thought, given how little we know about her Stand, what could it have to do with time? I'm not expecting Araki to adhere to that, but it's fun to think about.
What if whatever she puts in between her card deck lands in some kind of storage dimension where it's frozen in time? :tinfoil:

That could work. After all, she had a secret mobile phone stashed away during a multiple-year stay in prison - that might be how that thing still is charged. Not to mention it'd be a rather limited ability that could get downright insane once you think about the applications: perhaps only things as large as a card fit in; she could store all sorts of projectiles in mid-flight, effectively turning each card into a surprise gun. Or there's already lit dynamite in there. And what happens if only part of something goes in? Would a human lose a body part, since all blood flow stops in a time-frozen limb? Could Kaato store air in her deck, creating wind/low air pressure like the gravity dude from Stone Ocean? Hell, we don't even know if the whole deck has to stay together, maybe the Stand could be used as a multitude of small portals.
Fun option: always have unspoiled snacks from 1970 at hand.

Dunno, just an idea. It feels like a rather basic power with lots of creative uses, I'm curious to know more.

edit: y'know what, spoilering this just in case.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Personally, I understood D4C as handling multiple timelines too - whether you call it parallel dimensions or parallel timelines really doesn't matter. If you really want to mince words, you could say that D4C doesn't manipulate time, it manipulates the user's place in time. I'm not serious tho, that was just an excuse to speculate about fun time stuff that Kaato's Stand could do, with a rather simple power (pocket dimensions accessed through card surfaces in which time doesn't pass).

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

How many innocent random people died due to them attacking D4C Love Train and failing

It's hilarious how Love Train is basically American Exceptionalism: The Stand

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Baal posted:

I actually recalled that being from Dragon's Dream, if so then my mistake because I actually like Planet Waves and it was genuinely one of the cooler Part 6 fights.

Can confirm that Dragon's Dream is poo poo and Planet Waves is incredibly awesome

I genuinely love Part 6, especially the insane ending in all its convoluted glory, but I gotta say it feels the most incoherent of all JoJo arcs...
But then again, I'm morally abhorrent because I consider The World Dio in Part 7 one of the best fights in the entire series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

No joke, Joshuu is my favorite character from Jojolion, because he's such an amazingly entertaining rear end in a top hat and he has great interactions with basically everyone

Also, it's great fun when the universe shits on him, because he deserves it