Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

JJL will end with a retcon stand which will be the record button.
So Moody Blues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I have trouble comprehending the Josuke saved himself theory because if Josuke couldn't go back in time to begin with if he didn't save himself.

Time travel hurts my head.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Darko posted:

What the gently caress did beating Dio heal Jotaro's mom for, anyway? Him dying didn't make people's stands go away. I think the whole adventure was a setup by Jotaro's mom now.
My unconfirmed, lack-of-basis theory is that Jotaro and Joseph learned how to properly manifest their Stands during their adventure, so they were able to keep them. Since Holly couldn't hone her Stand, it disappeared altogether.

I guess Josuke was so inspired by the mysterious Pompadour Wielder that his spirit grew strong enough to keep Crazy Diamond after DIO died.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah, I read through part 6, like, nine months ago, maybe, and I don't remember anything like SPTW.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Has anyone played the Vento Aureo game? I'm at the bit where Giorno and the Giornbros are driving away from the ice skating guy, and you have to stagger him with Mista for a certain amount of time. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to shoot at him. I miss a lot, and all I've concluded was that you need to use Sex Pistols when he reaches the middle of the road.

On a related note, this game isn't bad. A game with nothing but puzzle bosses seems like the way to do a Jojo game. It'd be great with some tweaking. That, and maybe if they lowered the boss' health, since once you figure out the correct way to fight him, the rest of the battle is just Oraing the boss for a few minutes.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm glad the Vento Aureo game kept in one of the most important scenes in the entire series.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How did I never notice that Spice Girl's battle cry is

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The implication I'm getting from the Vento Aureo game is that whenever Doppio's phone rings, it's just him going "BRRRING BRRRING"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm not sure how you could think it was anything else?

Unless you mean possibly his stand.
All I remember is the translation using ringing sound effects, but I could have just forgotten.

The scans also remove Narancia's stand cry.

edit: Looking at the scans again, I think I just interpreted this as Doppio hearing ringing from his head, and not actual speech bubbles.

edit 2: Here's a blog post from someone who I think must be working on the fixed translation of part 5. It's about how everyone is supposed to be characterized. I thought it was interesting.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 12, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That inspired me to read through the improved translation.

How is Giorno an Italian with Japanese blood if he's the son of an Englishman?

Edit: Because that's a cover-up and I'm an idiot.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 18, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Of the top of my head:
Aerosmith is a loving plane.
Sex Pistols manipulate Mista's bullets.
Notorious B.I.G. gets huge.
King Crimson may refer to Diavolo's dual personalities.
Diver Down dives inside things.
Green Day causes a parasitic moss to appear, which is green I guess.
Ball Breaker could be related to the ultimate spin, maybe.
Made In Heaven refers to whatever the gently caress heaven means in Stone Ocean.
Bubbles are both Soft and Wet.
Limp Bizkit obviously both emerges and indulges in the dark.

I missed that you already posted some of these.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaxuXzM1BY

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

DIO just scared the poo poo out of me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i wonder how the anime people will take to josuke given that they have hard a hard-on for joseph
I wonder if they're going to bitch about filler.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like the bits where Kira starts thinking he may have feelings for Shinobu. :shobon:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kira has a cute cat

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Did Abaccio or however you spell his name even do anything aside from early on on that boat and late on when uncovering the Passione leader's identity? I don't remember "can rewatch scenes as re-enacted by my stand" ending up useful most of the time.
Abaccio's playable in the part 5 game. Moody Blues does things like record and mirror his movements. Though it's sort of a pain in the rear end, especially when you can win just using Abaccio's badass thug stomps.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If we ever get an animated adaption of Part 5, I wonder what they're going to do about its ending. Will Rolling Stones be included at all? I mean, I guess you'd have to, but it's so pointless. And I'd hope they extend the Giorno as boss bit.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

In Rohan at the Louvre, Okuyasu compares Rohan to the Mona Lisa.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Nessus posted:

So does that mean that Kira...

Well...
He'd probably

Well...

at Araki too.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Josefumi sounds a bit similar to Joseph which I think is Josefu in Japanese. I wonder if that means anything.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Someone did this for an oceanography project. I wonder if they got a good grade.
holy poo poo I just realized these dolphins are Kakyoin and Avdol

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

jojolion makes my head hurt, guys

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Josefumi, however, became a Joestar after both men joined together and formed a sacred union as one.

So, Jo2uke's real name is Josefumi, he fights rock people, knows a Karera, fused with the son of Holly, is a Kujo, and has shared the look and appearance of OG Josuke.

That's a lot of Joestars.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 28, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

To be fair, that's one of the least erotic JoJo poses he's drawn.
To be fair, I'd still hit it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The dialogue is different too. I knew they changed art from magazine to tokobon, but I didn't think the text could change as well.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

littleorv posted:

Please support all Jojo's that are brought over to the west
Please support Jojo through manga and anime releases, and not through bad video games. Thank you.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Both Jotaro and Josuke tried to look like delinquents but were total softies on the inside. Jolyne is a punk for real.
She's as much of a daddy's girl as Jotaro is a momma's boy.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If you guys want to play I Jojo game, I recommend giving the part 5 game a shot. It's a pretty simple 3D brawler with nothing but boss battles, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Speedwagon sounds like The Bosche to me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The comments in the Joseph one are saying it's horrible

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Aurain posted:

Someone spliced together the Bluray and existing dub clips from the reveal yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lghg0-H1-CM
I can't tell who Dio is. He sounds to me kind of like Liam O'Brien, meaning he probably isn't Liam O'Brien. Though I wouldn't mind Liam O'Brien, since he already voiced Dio in Virtue's Last Reward.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Smokey sounds like Lowenthal to me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wish the clip included the Joestar Technique, because only then can it be known if Diskin can truly pull off Joseph.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

shhh soft and wet

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

President Funny Valentine of the United States of Valentine, you mean.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't Josuke dead by the time Stone Ocean starts?
Josuke is probably dead by the time part 6 ends.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Thanks for posting the translated version, tiistai, it's great (and very adorable now I know what everyone is saying).

On the subject of fancomics, here's a fan-edit called "If Jolyne Got More Backup During Stone Ocean".
"Kishibe Rohan Goes to Prison"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

minoru suzuki posted:

i want to believe joseph was still kickin it by the end of part 6
Theoretically, Rohan, who is confirmed to be immune to Made In Heaven, could just write "Survive Time Fuckery" in everyone's face, couldn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Should "IT WASN'T JOSUKE" be added to the OP?