Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Bro has pretty different connotations though: it implies familiarity and parity instead of admiration. I don't know any Italian though and I can't think of a English equivalent off the top of my head: sadly we can't go the Dragon Quest 8 route and use "guv".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So I'm reading Stone Ocean and I have to concur that Jolyne is really awesome and I love her as a protagonist. Also I just got to the Bohemian Rhapsody arc and ummm :stare:

Even by Jojo standards this arc is weird as hell, and that's in the same part with the guy who made outer space happen and the poison frog tornado and the sentient plankton colony.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well that was certainly an end to part 6. Kind of abrupt but I honestly kind of dug it, in a weird way. I think a more conventional end would have added to the all action all the time fatigue that sort of set in once they escaped the prison (as great as some of those fights were).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am so ready for British punching of vampires.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
God I hope the pillar men just talk like professional wrestlers all the time. I mean it's pretty much what they are.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I love the idea that if Richard Nixon got swapped out for a version of him with the body of Terry Crews no one would bat an eye.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I caught up with Part 8 and I'm sad because Jojolion is super good. Like if it keeps up this level of quality it will probably even edge out Steel Ball Run or DIamond is Unbreakable. It's kind of hilarious how macho Gappy is, given his appearance.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Jolyne is great because she has the power to make string and gets into a fight with a roided up prison guard who can summon meteors and she decides to go full on brawler on him. Sure she wins by Jojo smarts but for the most part she's just slugging it out with a man twice her size who's putting her in judo holds to hit her with space rocks.

Stone Ocean has some goddamn fantastic fights. Even the kind of meh Feng Shui guy is redeemed by being defeated by having his legs turned into springs.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think we all know that Josuke and Gappy would be the best boyfriends. Surprised no one is saying Johnny, the guy was willing to steal Jesus from the vault of America to save his wife, that's dedication. It makes him the second best husband in the series right after Kira.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I would have preferred if the tombstone had scratched out dates for 37 and 89, and 2011 had a question mark next to it.
Also the epitaph would read "OH NOOOOOOO"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Wild Horses posted:

New chapter of Jojolion was translated, and she's loving nuts

I'll say, Hato has pretty bad taste in men :v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Kind of sad that Gappy's the only part 8 representative, but it makes sense. Jojolion has some amazing fights but I'm not sure how most of the stands would play out in game form, either because we haven't seem much of them (most of the Higashikata family) or they're just too bizarre (breath tornado man).
Mostly I just want Jojolion to get its due because it's probably going to be my favourite arc if it keeps up this level of quality.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Joshuu could be redeemed as a character and I would be down with seeing him develop, but if Araki was struck by lightning and the last page of Jojo was Soft and Wet beating the poo poo out of him I would consider it a perfect ending to the series

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think I have a new favourite tumblr

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know, when Damo was introduced as gross fatty/miracle sex-man I wasn't sure what direction his character was going to take. Can't say I called "terrifying mafioso" though. :stonklol:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

The clear answer will be that the final boss' stand will have all the powers that Araki forgot about. Redirecting attacks, removing armour, Star Finger: all things he has sapped from other times and places.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

In the words of Araki, ero is inevitable.

Soft and Wet sporting a serious bulge there, drat. :stwoon:

(All kidding aside I do love Yasuho and Gappy, their relationship is cute and I love how realistic Yasuho's motivations are for helping out Josuke).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
On the plus side to skipping, I skipped the first three parts because of the anime and I'm looking forward to reading them once I get an actual weekend that isn't stuffed to the gills in three weeks or so. :unsmith:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

My favorite jojo wiki page is the Jesus one for SBR

"If your heart is wavering, do not shoot. Because then a new path will be open for you. ”
—Jesus to Johnny Joestar

Namesake His presence in the manga is possibly inspired by Yes (musical band)

You forgot the part where they speculate that Jesus is a Jojo (Joshua bir Joseph)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

You dare slander World's Sexiest Man Dario?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
From what I have been able to glean from the Spanish translation of the latest Jojolion chapter because I am impatient, some hardcore poo poo is about to go down.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

This is a pro click by the way.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0SJmR7novA

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I have a bad feeling that part 8 is going to be like part 5: a great part hindered by a half-assed translation. Still, I am enjoying the hell out of it.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Jeez Araki has really taken the gloves off with the body horror ever since he got into Ultra Jump :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

:drat: