Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, we don't know how they're gonna show it after it's revealed what it does.

e: also, from the old thread, what the gently caress, how would the Stone Mask give you a Stand? does it just sometimes decide "oh gently caress you're too strong to be a vampire you get a Stand instead"?

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So instead of putting it on to become a vampire, to get a Stand, you... stab yourself with it? Jam it into an open wound? :psyduck:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the gently caress that works and it makes no sense.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

minoru suzuki posted:

the mask stabs your head with pincers.

Yeah but generally this does not give you a Stand. This just turns you into a vampire.

I think I might have misunderstood and the person in the old thread might have meant it does both sometimes, but even then, I don't think it ever actually does that in the story and a pretty decent number of people get stone masked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay so I did misunderstand, cool, carry on. I was just wondering if there was some weirdo Jorge Joestar poo poo going on, because the way it was worded on the last page or so of the old thread was really strange. No need to get grumpy over it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zeruel posted:

I watched from D'Arby and didn't regret it, since I heard the earlier stuff was kinda crap.

the part of the OVA covering Egypt came first, and is better than the part of the OVA covering the early manga by a wide margin. starting at N'Doul is better than at D'arby.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The OVA dub is honestly really, really loving good, and I kinda wish they'd try to get some of the old actors back like the Berserk movies did. OVA dub Dio is loving magnificent.

e: Hahahah holy poo poo, OVA dub Dio works for Telltale Games now (he was Grendel in Wolf Among Us), he's also a beatboxer/DJ named Kid Beyond

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've also never seen the "first" part of the OVA, I've only seen from N'Doul on. :v:

Here's an example of how much the OVA dub owns when it's on. Avdol's a little wonky, but I feel like most of that is a fake accent, and Joseph and D'Arby are perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2giHSp49A

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Basically Stands make no sense until SBR.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I meant in terms of how you get them, there's a bajillion different ways and not really any rhyme or reason to it pre-SBR but in SBR it's all Corpse Parts all the time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

this would work if they were actual bodybuilders and not Guy Fieri groupies

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Why wouldn't it still have narrative weight if it's Josuke? He doesn't exactly know who the stranger was, so it's not like babby Josuke would have gotten a different message. It would actually be kind of neat if Josuke was a John Connor-esque living paradox like that, too.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So uh... is that guy in the anime thread a jerk or is he legit? Because if he's legit, I'm dying laughing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BaDandy posted:

Yeah, the pig thing and Polnareff licking the toilet would be pretty bad. He'd either need stuff cut or a guide that goes "skip over this, this, and this," which I wouldn't mind making because I've started to read through from the beginning anyway.

Any reading of JoJo that skips over Polnareff's bathroom adventures is an incomplete reading :colbert:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

Would you take dio as a lawyer?

I totally would, rhetoric is important in the courtroom and he's pretty intelligent and competent on top of that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i was about to be like "wait huh?" at joseph's dub actor but then i remembered it's not SC getting dubbed yet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Million Ghosts posted:

It's not gay if it's JoJo idiot.

it is gay and it owns :dealwithit:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Hey I never said I knew anything about how anime was made, just asking questions

Smart people put Uznare on ignore, he doesn't really do anything but vomit rage at anyone who says a thing he doesn't like.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aurain posted:

There are new graphics added to the OP again.

Roadroller DA was PERFECT
Stardust Crusader theme plays when he dies.
Censor wasn't actually that bad

No Part 4 Teaser :negative:

Oh gently caress I forgot it's finallyfriday.jpg :getin:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

considering that arc 7 and 8 seem to have a theme of lumping previous jojos together i'm kinda hoping that a theoretical arc 9 has a remix of jolyne in it. maybe with elements of giorno in some way, minus the obvious dio influence.

Jolyrno?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
But on the other hand, her daddy is, y'know, loving Jotaro.

I guess that would make him Kakyoin :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay this dub is gonna own

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait to see how Crunchyroll subs handle Bohemian Rhapsody.

Where the gently caress is Mouse of Mick?

"Dishonest Acts at a Reasonable Price" :getin:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Beef Chief posted:

poo poo Posts Made For Free

my stand

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aurain posted:

ADTRW should make a JoJo game. The humble bundle at the moment is lovely game development tools.

Stencyl is actually really good iirc, but I haven't messed around with it in a fairly long time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Does this really happen? I can think of only a few examples where the story ended with everyone (or even most characters) dying.

Ideon?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That looks like a bootleg.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy loving poo poo that's the real menu :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is making me think of the french comic XIII, which spent years and years teasing about the true history of the amnesic mainc haracter, with every answer only adding more questions. At the end he'd been like 15 different people in his life.

That was a comic? I remember the game being ultra dope.