Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Didn't Rohan ignore the the changes because he was drawing so hard? So its definitely the best of endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

King Crimson is you getting blackout drunk and wondering why you woke up dressed in a clown suit in the back room of a Macy's.

This is really the best explanation if you've ever been truly blackout drunk. And Diavolo is your stupid friend that put the clown suit on you because he was the only sober one. Also he turns into a ghost whenever you black out.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

The worst thing about this is that you'd read all that and think, "oh, so requiem stands are just That loving Weird, huh?" But no, it's just Polnareff's requiem stand!

When Giogio gets his it's your basic moderately wacky punch stand!

He literally gets the most broken Stand in the entire series that is a childhood playground "nuh uh, you cant touch me" Stand.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hogama posted:

It emphasizes the pecking order position, but it lacks the alliterative zip. Not sure what else could have worked, though. Crown/Count/Chief Crimson? Sovereign Scarlet?

Ram Abbalah

(google it if you don't get the reference)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CJ posted:

If i was Diavolo i would tell them to put Trish in the elevator alone then leave. That way you don't have to tip Bruno off. I also wouldn't leave her hand behind if the entire point of killing her is that i'm worried some bullshit stand can use her DNA to track me down.

Yeah, Diavolo was super dumb with that; he assumed the gang stars were loyal and suspected nothing, so he should have just had a "normal" hand off with Trish, used his bullshit Stand to stay hidden with the handoff (and replace her with a thank you note) and then killed her at his leisure, instead of whatever the heck that was he did.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That's not really a good spoiler to put in the anime thread with no context. There's no reason to assume Fugo doesn't show back up in the series from this point, so saying he's gone or survives after are all bad.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I got a bit ahead of myself.

No prob; just making sure it's caught :)

On this episode, I understood how King Crimson worked before, and then got immediately confused by the long winded explanation and the animation about how it works. All the zippers all over the place just made me visually go o_O

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, saying it has two separate abilities is kind of a thing that shouldn't be known yet. Right now, it just seems like he has a ridiculously OP power on his own (he does, but, yeah).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Joseph pulls more bullshit than Giorno does, but its funny then. Part 3 changes rules more often and has the larger asspull of "oh my Stand that also has these forgotten powers and contradicts itself can *also* stop time." And ths same dude from part 2 coming back to life for no real reason. 4 has no clear purpose until the middle, like 5. 5 is just the one where everyone eventually gets jaded; it just happens to have the best fights as well to hold on.

I think it will be 6 where people start dropping. That was our first decent translation after two dreadful ones so we were happy to read so it was a refresher to get actual personalities. They won't have that distinction. But people will probably blame it on female protagonists.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

I consider Doppio to be an extension of Diavolo. So I am largely pretty fond of him.

Same here. Doppio is an essential part of Diavolo; so he adds to him by default.

I really don't like Pucci as far as JoJos villains go; he had a presence early on unlike Kira, DIO, or Diavolo, which gives him a slight advantage, but he's just basically a slightly pompous straight man throughout and is immediately overshadowed by the more pompous and glorious Valentine.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Inflammatory posted:

lmao at calling pucci straight

Pucci's platonic love for Dio transcended time.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, the hell. The new opening is a thinly veiled entire second half plot, ending with Gold Experience being stabbed with the arrow. This one goes a little beyond allusions.

I love seeing Doppio.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, although this part is Stardust Crusaders 2.0 making STAND up with CRUSADERS fitting, Freakin' You just fit our sassy cast so well.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was thinking about the stupid spoilery nature of the opening, and...why even put the arrow in it at this point? We aren't supposed to know there's another arrow right now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Fake news

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Just like Diavolo imagines there's a camera always following him and keeps his back to it or covers his face in shadow.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This episode kind of proves you cant separate Doppio from Diavolo as the villain in this part. I forgot they were shown as the same from the start.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I don't remember any of that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

the anime is really making me like Diavolo more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Green Tea and Sanctuary, huh? I get Sanctuary, but Green...Tea?