Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

That's what happens when you don't actually know Japanese and just let your Japanese/English dictionary do all the translating for you.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this guy's subs selectively ignore all grammar beyond what you see in your first 1-2 years of Japanese class. I'd be willing to bet my mom's soul that he doesn't speak Japanese on anywhere near a conversational level.

yeah, if it's the same person who did those DHA subs that were posted a few pages back then he definitely straight up made up some stuff like Jotaro and Joseph's DHA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Whatever her stand is will have King as the second word in its name. Norisuke has King Nothing, the next generation has California King Bed, Speed King, and Nut King Call, and Tsurugi has Paper Moon King.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

When SBR was still fairly new it was the new universe but Araki calls it a parallel universe now.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

To be fair Stone Ocean was super uncomfortable with any other race of people too as long as they were background characters. Bunch of fuckin goblin lookin motherfuckers

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

dogsicle posted:

i forgot that Lucy was subjected to the rape stuff, other than Valentine's wife and the hosed up baby thing (which are still bad). as for Joushuu, i honestly would not care if he melted for good because i can't imagine that gross little rapist having any sort of character comeback.

As much as I hate Joushuu, he thought he was going along with what Yasuho was telling him. I mean yeah it was gross and lovely and honestly made me feel kinda uncomfortable but I don't think the guy would intentionally rape someone. His character is meant to be stupid, not evil.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Giorno: Whoa fukin hell m8 look at trish's knockers am gunna fukin wank to that
[Spends all Vento Aureo jerking off, all of Italy's children OD]

finally, a character i can use to self insert

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I read through the Josuke part of the Highway Star battle with the actual song playing in the background and it was amazing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Actually, the accents are Good

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Part of me wants this but they probably look doofy as poo poo IRL

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how

-Even the blind guy thinks Josuke's hair is poo poo
-Pet Shop just makes bird noises and Josuke takes it as an insult
-Weather thinks the weather is to blame
-Valentine still wants to make pompadours illegal
-Joshuu thinks he's qualified to talk about other people's hair

-Joseph tells Josuke his parents would be ashamed

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

From what I've heard of the Eyes of Heaven soundtrack it's insanely good

There's some great stuff in there, but god drat is Jonathan's theme bad.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So Araki started working on DiU in 1992, right? I wonder what music was popular back then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERG3x6vsGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiyYozeOoKs

Take your pick, ladies and gentlemen!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Owner of a Lonely Heart should have been part 2's ending, if only because that's what I was expecting.
The second SBR ending should definitely be this though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0
Imagine the lead in as Johnny thanks Gyro after the Valentine fight. Cue To Be Continued, the guitar starting up.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Imagine being someone just coming off of part 3 not knowing that the one in the upper right is Joseph.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

David adds so many small loving touches that really make the experience better. Retroactively adding the star birthmarks in the first season, having photographs of the different Joestar generations and a magazine with Smokey on it in Suzy Q's room, showing Petshop on DIO's shoulder, putting the bow and arrow on DIO's wall, mirroring Joseph's "CAESAR" face when he attacks with hamon and hermit purple... All tons of unnecessary but appreciated stuff. Even the filler moments like Star Platinum using its finger again during the Anubis fight or explaining how Jotaro got another outfit after burning his old one up add to the experience.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was born during Wheel of Fortune, one of the worst stand fights. Fitting

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh my god people born in 1996 are 20 now
Oh my god

I was reading some of the people born during Vento Aureo and thinking, "well, I joined SA when I was 15 so it's not that weird if they're teenagers" BUT THEN

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Is there any possibility of the 39 episodes being the first half of DiU? I mean I know it's almost twice as long but I can dream

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Parts 4, 5, and 6 are all separate from each other for the most part. You could jump straight from part 3 to part 6 and not be missing out on much that's relevant to its plot.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

'weird poo poo happens at places with pieces of jesus at them' would be better imho

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

When I think late 90s I think the Digimon Movie.
But much as it hurts me to say it, All-Star isn't owned by Warner Records so it won't be the ending though. I'm pretty sure One Week is though!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

None of the original ED songs have been Warner fwiw.

Maybe not directly, but they've all been from Warner-owned labels In Japan. There are some songs/bands under different labels in Japan than in America or Europe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I got really loving confused when I looked this up before (because of course I did this) and yeah it's convoluted.

It's probably been, like, a whole week since the last time I watched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Late 90s, they said?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-iFr9q1I8

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think the point of EoH's finale is that it starts over in the right timeline but just that teeny bit different.

I like little Jolyne in Morioh things a lot but I don't think it needs to be in the anime.
(I think that she mentions that she got the 50 day stand fever and jotaro didn't come home from the country side when she was 5? this is despite getting stone free from the arrow)

She had a fever but it wasn't stand related. Sometimes a terrible fever is just a terrible fever.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think it's part of the All Star Battle thing that is widely cited as saying SBR isn't Ireneverse (which it actually doesn't).

It was either that one or a different interview he did for ASB. I think he said there'd be a crazy artist, not a mangaka specifically though. I figured he was talking about Yotsuyu since it was right before he showed up.
And the article calls JJL a parallel universe, that's why people always cite it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The anime thread would be so much better if it was just anime-only people commenting instead of a manga-reader circlejerk

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Karera incosistencies really, really bother me. Like, I know Araki forgets stuff all the time but usually it's stuff like miscellaneous stand powers (like Whitesnake's goo or Gold Experience's reflect bullshit) or little details like whether or not Rohan was shot with the arrow. The stuff with Karera is a major plot point though and it hasn't even been long since it happened.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Red Bones posted:

C'mon, Jesus clearly has the wide, made-up-on-the-fly, OP powerset of a Hamon user.

Jesus was actually a ripple master, hence walking on water and healing people. His stand allowed him to duplicate and transmute matter, and he used it to turn water into wine and create more bread and stuff. His resurrection was him using the ability in himself to keep his body functioning in some convoluted Joseph asspull until he had enough energy to "resurrect" days later.

Araki told me this

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

IT's me, I';m the stand car

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I just realized that the vine is Hermit Purple.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

lol if you never pissed in a dudes mouth with your bro when you were younger

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dias posted:

the gently caress younger toguro is on the list

And this, Urameshi, is 69% of my power...

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If you consider the term parallel universe to mean it's not the same universe then it's not the same universe. Otherwise I guess it's up to your interpretation.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Archenteron posted:

Joseph looks like Tai from Digimon grew up and started lifting,
Now this is a 02 epilogue I can get behind

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, i'm re-reading JJL and there's one thing that's catching my attention more than anything right now: what is up with the Hat? :psyduck:

Gappy has an iconic hat that has a fairly small top to it, meanwhile in flashbacks, including where we see Kira's fate, Kira wears a hat with a big fluffy top, sometimes it has a rope-like trim sometimes it apparently doesn't? The hat vendor says he sold it to Kira what should be about the day Kira and Josefumi have their boat explosion fun and end up becoming Gappy and a Corpse, as well as an identical hat 2 weeks prior. In flashbacks before that Kira appears to wear a different hat, one that's in his apartment and, to cap it all off, Kira's apartment has three hats: one that looks like what Kira wears in Old Flashbacks, one that's like what he wears in flashbacks of the time around the incident just before the start ofJJL and a hat that looks like Gappy's. So, it should be that somehow while they were combining in the soil the hat Kira had with him switched from one model to another one he had for some reason and had left the newest hat home, so the vendor confused Gappy's hat with the one he had most recently sold to Kira? Kira has a total of 4 hats, so only two were bought at the vendor's, so his oldest hat, and the one that he uses in more recent flashbacks are ones he bought elsewhere and so he bought a hat just like the one he already had from the vendor first, got a Gappy hat and when he went out and died his third hat turned into a copy of the last one?
I feel like this is way more simple than it is but i'm missing something. :psyduck:

No, it's as convoluted as you said. Everything about the latest flashback with them combining has made no sense when you think about it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I went ahead and read the chapter in Japanese and surprisingly understood 95% of it. Hato is... Not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Josuke's melting in front of her, her dad is screaming in pain, and she still ends up walking to Damo when he calls her. She is however very skinny as somehow Josuke manages to float her up the chimney and into the back yard.

The gist of the chapter is Norisuke spilling the beans on Josuke because Damo is threatening to kill Hato (then almost does anyway) and then him owning Josuke until Hato skewers him. Her job completed, she proceeds to walk up the wall back to her home planet. (No seriously why is she doing that)

The chapters are great but the sudden plot holes are REALLY bothering me.
When did Karera take the picture? If she had disappeared months ago then how did she see the explosion on the boat? Why were they searching for her? Why isn't Kira wearing the right hat? If Kira and Josefumi only swapped parts because of the Rokakaka, why did the citrus fruits Kyo buried there do the same thing? When was Josuke/someone resembling him at the surfer's place? When did he encounter the guy that we saw after the Yotsuyu fight?

Araki's forgotten his share of things but this is getting ridiculous.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JoJo's Boyfriend Disposal Service, "Puttin' the heels to 'em since 1986!"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

eatenmyeyes posted:

Is there a name for the art style in Boingo's book?
Klasky Csupo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I can't wait till the part 5 anime comes out just in time to rip off Persona 5