Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

ThatsMyBoye posted:

No, I've never recruited from the forum for this world (maybe once? Either way it was probably a long time ago) but I'll probably start next season.

Somebody's gotta do something to dispel the bad pub from their ridiculous world ranking thing anyway

It's been done but I think it was gyroball in the N/V thread. Pretty sure that's how I found out about this stupid thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Ah yeah I remember those days, for sure. At least we had a couple hits that way.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hmm my PM2 game against Iowa got cancelled. koyunlu, did you not have a starting pitcher set or something?

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I'm not sure if I should feel good about that trade or hate myself

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

duyarvish posted:

I'm not sure if I should feel good about that trade or hate myself

You done good, kid

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ThatsMyBoye posted:

I think I'm inclined to start recruiting pubbies for future openings, because this twitter thing with people going MIA in the first week is way past old. Would much rather have someone who'd actually manage a franchise for a full season.

If we need a midseason replacement, hit up Poque.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I haven't made a single trade this offseason. I don't know how to feel about this.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

If we need a midseason replacement, hit up Poque.

Is this a forums handle or twitter handle?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The Vega deal is finally done

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Is this a forums handle or twitter handle?

Forums, he posted in this thread right before we filled up.

E:

Poque posted:

This looks like something super cool that I would get unreasonably obsessed with.

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 9, 2015

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Cool!

+ I have 2 twitter people in queue from the last round of recruiting that I'll go to first, but after that please hold off on automatically sourcing the twits for ownership. Thanks all

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
Since we aren't going to be able to sell our house anytime soon, I also won't be as pressed for time, so even though I still suck I may come back too if an opening arises

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

10 advanced scout + 13 int'l scout = mess

So, yes, it appears now projected ratings can just be complete lies

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Here's my 14m adv wild guess:

My 14m intl scouts saw more power, more durability, less splits, so who knows how he'll turn out.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Low international scouting now gives some hilarious results; what is 0 durability, even? He can literally never pitch

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gyroball posted:

Low international scouting now gives some hilarious results; what is 0 durability, even? He can literally never pitch

I seriously want this guy.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

gyroball posted:

He could pitch until his 74 STA is exhausted, but he'd never recover STA in-season so he'd be done for the year.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
My ballot right now is Levrault, Bleier, Toombs, Krause and a mercenary 5th vote if someone wants to sell me on someone not named Mark Cobb

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I honestly think it's kinda weird Francisco Ramirez hasn't gotten in, even as a maybe eventual Jim Rice-type

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

If Tomas Montanez gets signed but Jung doesn't net me a pick I'm probably gonna...forget about this whole thing in 5 minutes

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

My ballot right now is Levrault, Bleier, Toombs, Krause and a mercenary 5th vote if someone wants to sell me on someone not named Mark Cobb

:mad: :mad:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

Cosby should really be in given defense. I voted for Victor Tavarez over Krause too

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

If Tomas Montanez gets signed but Jung doesn't net me a pick I'm probably gonna...forget about this whole thing in 5 minutes

Gonna be four picks in the top 40 if not five in the top 50; let's hope my 20 mil HS scouting does me well in this new amateur draft world we live in :ohdear:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Gene Poole really deserves to be in for his name tool

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

re: the IFA budget and ratings discussion, I've got a guy in another world with a demand near $4m and good looking projections but my scouting is less than ideal. I can't wait to see what he actually turns out to look like. Will report back on my failure if it holds up.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I thought they lowered the demands on everybody so that low scouting people just really wouldn't have a clue?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
My ballot at the moment is Toombs, Leverault, Footsie, Victor Tavarez, Krause.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

I thought they lowered the demands on everybody so that low scouting people just really wouldn't have a clue?

well this is in a world that was already going at the time the changes were made, so I don't know if the demand stuff doesn't take effect until the next new season or what, but the 'projected ratings only' thing is definitely in effect

or perhaps the demands will fluctuate from player to player and perhaps he will end up being nowhere near what his requested signing bonus is (but it's not like he's a difficult sign, he wants to sign)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

How many seasons did it take for Dimaggio to get from less than 5 deserving guys on the ballot back to big ol' backlog?

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
i voted for everyone.

i hopre i one day have a hall of fame player :allears:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Pittsburgh Type A bonanza!!!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

HOF voting ends tomorrow morning. Get those checkmarks in!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

saintonan posted:

HOF voting ends tomorrow morning. Get Mark Cobb in!

I see what you're sayin'.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
gently caress Mark Cobb

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Mark Cobb gave me his best season. Mark Cobb 4evr.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

We only got one person elected in that class?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

International Christian Whig Tribune - June 12, 2015

Hall of Fame? More Like Hall of Lame!
By: #Like Mupica

You'll have to excuse me if it seems like I mailed this column in from a beach in Antigua. (It's Curacao actually.) But another Hall of Fame voting period has passed and the Writers Institute for Sports - showing all the ability of three legged racehorse - has managed to vote in Carl Levrault.

On a ballot that included names like Cam Surkamp, George Stearns, and the indomitable-if-under-appreciated Davey Krause, this shower of clowns managed to squeeze a single name into the Hall. The homerun king. (Who is staring at a MacBeth-length reign unfortunately.)

What is there to say at this point? The voting process is long overdue a thorough, FIFA-esque overhaul! Even a few simple tweeks would almost assuredly result in a few deserving names getting that special call. For starters, eliminate the open bar buffet banquet the night of open voting. It's clear more than a few WIS members are incapable of comporting themselves with dignity.

Mandatory voting seems like sound policy for the propaganda wing of a sport that features regular fighter jet flyovers. And of course strip Art van Dilly of his vote so we can finally be free from the shambling corpse of Mike [EXPLETIVE] Cobb's comical underachievement!

Once civility has returned to the voting, wisdom will come to the forefront and our little shrine in Roanoke will welcome home a fresh wave of legends. Surely it's no coincidence my ballot featured four of the top five vote getters.

But it requires decisive action from an institution that has shown no interest in progress. There's a finite amount of time for the hall to save itself before this punchdrunk group of yokels keeps out the Leo Egan, riding the sanctimony of those nonsensical Facebook rumors about horse tranquilizers.

Someone bring in Davey for the save!

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

That was a really, really weird voter turnout

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Despite this being my fourth season I still didn't get the other menus it appears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It doesn't happen automatically, you have to go to Manager's Office -> Management Console, then go all the way to the bottom and change GM Edit Rosters Options from basic to advanced.

• Locked thread