Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

It's my loving TV, I'll watch whatever I want even my parents are visiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

In Training posted:

My dad watched 2 minutes of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya with me and said it was horrifying.

The way it makes everything else in life seem empty and meaningless? Agreed.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Shadow0 posted:

Oh yeah, how did I forget?! My dad:
Occasionally I find out he's watched an anime here or there on his own (also samurai movies). He apparently liked Wolf's Rain, which I'm not even sure how he learned about; I've never seen it myself.
I tried to burn him some anime DVDs, but I'm not sure he ever watches them.
But the weird thing is when I look through his movie collection or once or twice just sitting on the floor of his car, there's hentai DVDs just laying there. He also showed us Crying Freeman when we were children. To this day, the only thing I remember is that there was nudity in it.

He's kind of weird that he seems very interested in Japan, yet never seems to know anything about it. (Also never visits me when I'm there.)

You dad seems like a cool dude.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

littleorv posted:

Can i watch the Patlabor OVA on the big TV where my parents might see it? I don't own it yet but I might one day.

Absolutely.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm going to say that Perfect Blue is probably my favourite.

• Locked thread