Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can still takedown guys without problems, you just couldn't do IT in quick succession without energy bars. I'm glad they are getting rid of it in MD, but lol if it ruins the game for you.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

dat one portagee posted:

ummm, HR was really easy to do non-lethal how bad are you at videogames

Easy and not what the game ecourages need not be separate. It got more encouraged later, but the piss easyness combined with boring rear end maps and lovely writing only getting worse meant there was no reason to waste my time with HR any more than i already had.

CJacobs posted:

You're right, the first part of the game is what the vast overwhelming majority of people who play it will see and will see most often. The opening of the game being polished is definitely important. But what you said before that, which In Training was responding to, was "Fact: Every game gets worse the later in it, because they're rushing to meet deadlines." which is not even close to the same sentiment. Your goalpost moving is only reinforcing the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about, friendo.

These are not separate goalposts, please learn to think critically. By the time QA gets to later parts of the game, there's less time to fix the issues they find.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

After 15 minutes, every game just goes into the Pac Man kill screen. The beginnings are all a smokescreen designed to make reviewers believe that video games are real.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

QA People and playtesters always play games from start to finish, or they would, if there were any content after the beginning.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

After 15 minutes, every game just goes into the Pac Man kill screen. The beginnings are all a smokescreen designed to make reviewers believe that video games are real.

Many games would unironically be improved if this were true.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

Easy and not what the game ecourages need not be separate. It got more encouraged later, but the piss easyness combined with boring rear end maps and lovely writing only getting worse meant there was no reason to waste my time with HR any more than i already had.

These are not separate goalposts, please learn to think critically. By the time QA gets to later parts of the game, there's less time to fix the issues they find.

the entire game is designed around being able to avoid combat other than the boss fights. you are talking out of your rear end m8.

and again you've gone back to assuming that a game is developed purely chronologically which is patently untrue.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean maybe this is all on you because it seems like you went in expecting a metal gear game despite the box saying "deus ex" quite clearly

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

stux man some people are just, as they say, Bad at the Video Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon