Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Mario 3D world is really cute.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
peach is cute

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Memento posted:

Also, check out your Steam badges page.

What DID you do?!

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Excels posted:

peach is cute

Cat toad

Also beat mario land 3d world 8 and discovered that I've finished only half the game. A Good Feeling

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lady Naga posted:

Hatred isn't good. Like, on the most basic mechanical level. Literally the first message in the game you see is wrong, mixing up the left analog and the right analog stick. There's a fairly rote tutorial except for some inexplicable reason they don't explain a few functions, such as how to switch weapons, or that left bumper is this strange, wimpy kick (the animation is wimpy, somehow Hatredman can kick through solid brick as long as a window's attached). Switching weapons is the same button as executions, and it's not always immediately obvious when you c an perform an execution (which are also the only ways to regenerate health), so you will at several points just mash right up against someone, shoot them a couple times, then cycle through your weapons once or twice before you can begin one of the two or three canned animations that let you get more health. There's also no direction, you're just kind of shoved into the level and your only option is to shoot at things for a few minutes until suddenly you're allowed to go to the police station to kill people. The game's needless black-and-white visuals do it no favours for coherency either, to the point where they deliberately had to include a button to highlight things in the world that are interactable to distinguish them from the rest of the visual noise.

It's a shame there was so much hand-wringing controversy before the game came out, because if it was released without fanfare nobody would care about it in the slightest.

Congrats on blowing $20 on a lovely troll game that everybody could already tell was going to be garbage that sold entirely on manufactured controversy and irony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFbC4LbkH4

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

Congrats on blowing $20 on a lovely troll game that everybody could already tell was going to be garbage that sold entirely on manufactured controversy and irony.

Hatred is a mass Effect game????

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sleeveless posted:

I didn't put down any money on the game. Family sharing bruh :getin:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I love Hatred because of all these SA posters who have gleefully murdered thousands of fake people in video games for years without batting an eye yet have suddenly turned into fainting puritans because a game came out that doesn't attempt to disguise murder as heroism.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

I love Hatred because of all these SA posters who have gleefully murdered thousands of fake people in video games for years without batting an eye yet have suddenly turned into fainting puritans because a game came out that doesn't attempt to disguise murder as heroism.

We...we are brothers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's just funny to see all the neckbeards troll themselves by buying a lovely game just to stick it to a nebulous boogeyman.

The new DLC for Postal 2 was fun aside from the really lovely final boss.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am having fun tonight playing splatoon on my nintendo wii u

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Adam Bowen posted:

i love hatred because it's turned dozens of morons into advocates for a terrible remake of postal in 2015 in hopes that they'll bait a meltdown out of a politically correct goon or something

Awesome! posted:

i am having fun tonight playing splatoon on my nintendo wii u

i wanna play this but i feel weird spending 60 bucks on it and because it's nintendo first party it will be 60 bucks forever

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

hey y'all can someone explain the appeal of jeff gerstmann to me? is it just watching a fat retarded manchild be a fat retarded manchild? that's all i'm getting out of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

hey y'all can someone explain the appeal of jeff gerstmann to me? is it just watching a fat retarded manchild be a fat retarded manchild? that's all i'm getting out of it

he stood up to the man once and is friends with a cool corpse

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I wasn't joking about that total conversion of Hatred

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

icantfindaname posted:

Yes.

It's like top gear, you need a buffoon to relate to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

He's a gamer... like me.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

RoanHorse posted:

I wasn't joking about that total conversion of Hatred

If play the poo poo out of what you described but I doubt anyone could give that concept justice.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

mein kampf is a pretty decent book and i really don't understand all the negativity about it but whatever

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

zen death robot posted:

hatred is a pretty decent game and I really don't understand the AO rating but whatever

There's some executions that are 'too much.' The main thing is that the devs didn't challenge the AO rating, because they kind of wanted it to be as stigmatized as possible.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Are there any non-poo poo MMOs still around? I tried FF XIV and gave up after 3 hours, I'm trying Tera right now and it kinda looks like poo.

I think I'll die if I go back to World of Warcraft.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Chomp8645 posted:

Obsidian is making a not fallout?

this is why I lose interest in their idiot tank game

oh also because it's a tank game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont play mmos

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really really like video games. i am glad they exist.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
also last night my luigi themed wiimote and bayonetta double pack arrived for my wiiu and i had a lot of fun jumping and slashing bad guys.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

The dialogue in Hatred is cringy as hell, every word that the main character speaks, sounds like it was written by an emo 12 year old.

Worldshatter fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 3, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Worldshatter posted:

The dialogue in Hatred is cringy as hell, every word that main character speaks sounds like it was written by an emo 12 year old.

it was

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Worldshatter posted:

The dialogue in Hatred is cringy as hell, every word that main character speaks sounds like it was written by an emo 12 year old.

I'll never know, because the developers shrugged their shoulders and gave up about releasing the game in Australia.

I wasn't planning on playing it, but my friend who takes his gaming more seriously than I has been moaning about it today.

Then again, Hotline Miami 2 got banned here, so I understand about the developers not even trying.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

i love hatred because it's turned dozens of morons into advocates for a terrible remake of postal in 2015 in hopes that they'll bait a meltdown out of a politically correct goon or something

i refuse to believe there is a single poster on here who sincerely thinks Hatred is anything worse than "a stupid/bad game"

the Hatred thread is like a circle jerk where everyone is saying "haha i'm totally not gay, i'll show you how not gay i am by grabbing as many dicks as i can"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

i refuse to believe there is a single poster on here who sincerely thinks Hatred is anything worse than "a stupid/bad game"

the Hatred thread is like a circle jerk where everyone is saying "haha i'm totally not gay, i'll show you how not gay i am by grabbing as many dicks as i can"

i think its worse because it is made by literal neo-nazis

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
i game there i *splits pants*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

i think its worse because it is made by literal neo-nazis

for reals?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

precision posted:

for reals?
supposedly, that's why all this yelling about hatred everywhere

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

GameSpot
Jun 1, 2015
Hatred is too repetitive to be exciting, too dumb to be frightening, too basic for you to feel accomplished at its end, too dour to be violently cathartic, too self-serious to engender ironic amusement, and yet still too childish to matter...essentially, it's a nothing of a game.

:eyepop:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

To crazy for boys town, to much of a boy for crazy town.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Sic Semper Goon posted:

I'll never know, because the developers shrugged their shoulders and gave up about releasing the game in Australia.

I wasn't planning on playing it, but my friend who takes his gaming more seriously than I has been moaning about it today.

Then again, Hotline Miami 2 got banned here, so I understand about the developers not even trying.

You talk like torrents don't exist, unless your friend really really care about having his steam achievements or something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am excited for yoshis wooly world!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hope it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there is a 0% chance that Yoshi's New Yarn will be bad