Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

An on-going spat between Origin's absentee dev and the guy he gave his trademark to when he got bored of maintaining it. I haven't been paying close enough attention since it started to tell who's the bigger douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like Origin just annoyed a bunch of people by requiring new permissions in Chrome so it can turn off prefetching (apparently prefetch can't be filtered). Other than that it looks like a smaller but directly referenced set of bug fixes vs some UI changes and "many smaller fixes" in every changelog.

e: I guess both versions have the Chrome permissions thing.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 2, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I like to scavenge the magnets and then take an angle grinder to the platters.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

"Someone took the TIFF spec literally again"