Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah, PPJ (D&D mod) was on Discord and said at the time it was Cloudflare making GBS threads itself over the BGP issue. Then Discord succumbed to the same issue, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They did at least introduce that after the UAC prompt, right? It's been so long ago now I can't remember which came first.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jesus, it was XP? Yeah was loving stupid. Glad that my first thing on opening explorer on Windows is turning on file extensions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's this what the moderators frown upon as a uname-post combination?

Generally you would only wipe a Linux install if you're moving to another OS, otherwise you'd leave /home behind at the very least.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's just increasing the operational security by confusing the malware.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah the first question is how do these things know that you have a NAS worth targeting? What brand is it, and does this raise questions about how safe it is to use that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Synology dials home to check for updates, so it might be that something is detecting that.