Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the best way to keep Keepass synchronized between my devices (three computers, one phone)? Someone suggested putting the database on SpiderOak, but I want to make sure that isn't a bad idea. The key for the database itself is unique and over 130 entropy bits, so hopefully that would be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Rufus Ping posted:

SpiderOak is fine

I quite like BitTorrent Sync because the Android app is nicer than SpiderOak's

Okay, thanks.

Speaking of Android, is one of the Keepass apps better than the others? Or is there one that's evil and actually stealing passwords, or anything like that?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I知 reading you can set up Algo on a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite. What would that potentially do to throughput? Would it be really stupid to run traffic to/from Steam, YouTube, Netflix, or whatever outside of the VPN to avoid any speed hit?

I致e never done anything with a VPN before, but if I知 doing a real network setup I might as well do that too.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Thanks, I値l take a look. I知 on gigabit fiber.

It occurred to me that Steam would be one to be careful about since once in a blue moon I buy a game, and payment data is what needs to be protected more than my anime streams. I was thinking Steam because that痴 where I知 downloading 75GB of game files in a go.

I値l have to see what my ping is like in general, I had something like 9ms over maybe 30 miles as the crow flies on my old router.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

My roommate just got hit with a sextortion scam, the whole "send me btc or I send a video of you masturbating to all your friends and family" thing. That's not the big concern, the concern is she opened a .txt attachment in the email containing the blackmail message. I had her shut down her computer, but I'm trying to figure out if she needs to flatten just her C drive or every drive on her computer in case the virus that was likely in the .txt file. Thoughts? I've told her never to open unexpected attachments but it's a bit late now. She opened it in the Gmail previewer, she didn't download it fullly, not sure if that makes a difference at all.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, thanks. I hadn't thought about the Chrome previewer thing at first, and I wasn't sure how hard/easy it is to run a virus out of a text file like you can from a PDF.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Rufus Ping posted:

Delete system32 just to be safe

I'm on Linux, can I just run rm /rf ~ instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

It's actually Windows 10, the only thing I own running Linux is a Pi