Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
One of the best pieces of software ever created (IMO) and great for system protection is Sandboxie, I've been using it for a few years now and it's definitely been one of the if not thee best 40~ bucks I've ever spent on software.

Setting it up becomes a real breeze once you get familiar with how it works, and once you do you won't even need to think about it as it will run passively and all your stuff will run just like it normally would. I try to run all my program sandboxed when I can, and have my browser set in its own dedicated sandbox as well, with it I don't think you can get infected or it is very hard to. Even if your cheap and don't want to spend the money the free version will get you by when you just need to run stuff but don't want it touching your system, though personally I couldn't live without the multi-sandbox capacities. Check it out. http://www.sandboxie.com/

It's really great at preventing Winrot too.

Okay end shilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
:siren:So LastPass was sorta breached 3 days ago:siren:, might be a good time to change that Master Password if you use this.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Erwin posted:

If I'm already using Adblock Plus, is it worth switching?
Yes.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
If for your first question you are asking, is Windows 10 with EMET more secure then a Windows 10 machine that doesn't use EMET, then yes it is. For your second question, I dunno ask Microsoft. Microsoft already came out and said that EMET was pointless to use with Windows 10 because 10 had all the mitigation features built into it making it redundant, but this was quickly debunked by other experts concluding that EMET still has its uses.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/24/microsoft-windows-10-emet-unnecessary/