Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I agree with just using keepass, but apparently the lastpass password vaults are encrypted with a super slow hashing algorithm that the breach is almost a non issue. At least that is how arstechnica explained it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
:siren: http://myers.io/2015/10/22/1password-leaks-your-data/ :siren:

quote:

Let me summarise: Do not use the Agile Keychain format. It leaks your data. If you are using it, convert it to the OPVault format immediately.

If you are using the 1PasswordAnywhere you are currently using the Agile Keychain and should stop and convert ASAP.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

Thanks for reminding me to edit the OP about this.

Sure, no problem!

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Anyone else get a Malware warning from Windows 10 when trying to install the latest version of Keepass v2.31? The website says to ignore it and Malwarebytes didn't get any hits when scanning it so I assume Windows is just being dumb or something right now.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

What specifics can you provide with regards to the identity et cetera?

http://imgur.com/a/Ff5Tx

None of that is probably what you are looking for but maybe it is useful? Let me know and I can try to take more pictures and/or find more info.

I haven't installed the update yet since I want to be sure nothing fishy is going on.