Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Is there a way to easily verify that my certificates are actually valid? I've been seeing SHA1 signing on stuff I've downloaded, isn't that easy as pie to fake these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
So if the certs also come with SHA256 it's all good? Thought it was odd they'd use both.

My fresh install has been having odd issues like the task manager freezing up (funnily ctrl alt delete could open a non frozen one) , not being able to click or drag stuff on my desktop, and today the windows 11 security center was blank, no info anywhere, couldn't even run a scan.

Also my UAC wallpaper takes forever to load sometimes? Never had that happen before.

Im probably paranoid but something feels off as hell.

Whats a good starting point to check for issues? sfc /scannow reported nothing wrong, haven't used DISM yet.

Oh and with 'block all incoming connections' in windows firewall I rarely if ever get notifications, for example steam wanted to be allowed in public networks, but still worked fine even with me not allowing it?? And I was using public mode with block all incoming connections.

I have a juicy connection and have torrented in the past (mainly scene stuff from private trackers) so I'm afraid I'm apart of some Russian botnet or something.

Using merlin wrt and WPA3 on my Asus router with upnp disabled plus a Mullvad VPN, bitlocker on all drives and windows reports 'enhanced hardware security'. Core isolation and DEP etc are all enabled.

All my drivers are up to date including ME fw and my z690 mobo fw. Optimized defaults with some tweaks.

gently caress i hate windows sometimes.