Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been using KeePass to store my password for ages but I decided the other day to start using it properly with a YubiKey + auto-typing / etc; some of the poo poo I login to for work just has the page title "Login" which fucks with the auto-type (goon autism won't allow me to just choose the correct entry off a list) and so I was thinking about installing a chrome extension to add the site url to the tab title as an elegant solution

From what I understand most drive-by malware will scan for a ton of different extensions to exploit and the few options I can see for my tab title idea don't seem to have a lot of users (and so probably aren't maintained) / I don't imagine the authors give two shits about security (not to mention the extension itself could be malicious / get purchased by some shady people in the future and made to be malicious)

Any general thoughts on keeping safe with chrome extensions / any other suggestions for my auto-typing woes?

Grim fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Why is any of this better than just using one of the approved chrome keepass extensions?

I didn't see one listed in the OP :downs:

But also I guess I was asking about thoughts on installing non-essential Chrome extensions - I figure uBlock will help me avoid most drive-by infections but how big of a deal / how much consideration do people think I should treat this stuff with? Is life really worth living without Cloud-to-Butt or similar?