Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is "Mulvad" just "Mulva"+ "d?" Like "systemd," only scarier? This is an OS thread, after all...

My 22y/o and his gal binge-watched like 30 episodes of Seinfeld last night...they'd always heard about it, but never watched it. They are starting to realize how "American" that show was, and why old fogies in my TV generation still quote lines from it without even realizing where we do it!

Mullvad is swedish for mole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

DerekSmartymans posted:

And that, my friends, is why I post in the same forum for 20 years. SA's "reach" is still worldwide (even if smaller than it used to be!).
Yes. You'll find an expert in every field, too. best curated info source right here. So glad it's still around.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

The Windows XP days really were rough. It seems to be when lots of normal people got desktop PCs with ADSL, making internet use more tolerable than dial-up. The downside being that the file sharing services were a virus fuckathon. I can't count how many times I spent 14 hours reformatting my mate's single core, HDD, 256MB RAM Windows XP machine because his Norton antivirus 2001 expired trial didn't detect that Spider-Man 2.exe was not a movie.

The only thing that eventually stopped that poo poo happening was NOD32, whatever dark magic they used on that. Oh, and the McAfee Site Advisor in Firefox.

Remember Active X? Shockwave? Flash? Needing Java installed? Dark times my friends.

Windows’ default of not showing file extensions is the single stupidest thing they have ever done.