Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Goddamn that was fun. So happy FSBeh is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The opera house scene was not the biggest one in gunshots and explosions but very impressive taking place in the real thing with hundreds of extras. Scott emerging from the smoke screaming and shooting was rad as hell too. The bad guys must realize by now that their legions of footsoldiers are just a source of weapons and ammo for S&S and they would be better off not bringing any.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
God that was so loving good. Is next week really the last episode ever then? :(

That scene where Scott & Stonebridge started arguing in front of Kwon totally got me, despite how many times they've pulled that!

The only thing missing from this season...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who's that ^ Nina? Nevermind it's CIA hottie.

It's 10 episodes same as all the others.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

Who's that ^ Nina? Nevermind it's CIA hottie.

It's 10 episodes same as all the others.
It sucks that they got rid of all of the good female characters and kept lovely Russian lady.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah, so far she's best by process of elimination :(
Well, she still has 3 Episodes to blow our minds (and other things up).

Nevertheless, they got motherfuckin' Roose Bolton doing his cool-rear end villainthing!
But did i miss something very obvious when my only thought during his conversation with Stonebridge was "shoot him in the head, then click the pen to disarm the bomb!"?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This episode was pretty great, the gun battles in this show never cease to amaze me.

I'm going to miss this show, more than most other shows.

Mars4523 posted:

It sucks that they got rid of all of the good female characters and kept lovely Russian lady.

FSBae is a wondrous creature. She's no Rebecca though.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 17, 2015

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

This episode was pretty great, the gun battles in this show never cease to amaze me.

I'm going to miss this show, more than most other shows.

FSBae is a wondrous creature. She's no Rebecca though.
She's nothing compared to Dalton... Rebecca... Richmond... Martinez...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dalton is about 3 leagues behind Eleanor Grant.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Did this actually air today? My TV calendar says it did but I can't find the episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a :filez: version SD quality. Haven't downloaded it though.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

No idea if it aired, but it is up on all the usual "places." cough cough hack wheeze.

Some pretty great stuff in it. Definitely sets up one hell of a finale two-parter.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It was pretty good apart from the scene where the bad guys decide "Eh, gently caress it they're probably screwed" and walk away from a burning truck with the two guys they're supposed to kill inside, letting them casually walk out of it. I don't exactly expect air-tight plot developments from this show but it'd be nice if they put a little more effort into resolving a situation than just having the bad guys decide to walk away for no reason.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I liked that the episode was pretty much "We got him! ... gently caress. We got it! ... gently caress."

Even though the story was introduced and resolved really quickly, Locke's scenes were really great, and actually made me go back and watch his episodes as hardass werewolf dad in Being Human.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I don't quite have a finger on what was going on with that translator kid -- he seemed to both have some sort of social disease, but was also playing it up to fool Stonebridge et. all, right? -- but I really loving love the bizarre comic minor characters this show has always thrown around. Probably what I'll miss most, if I'm honest.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I finally had a free weekend and caught up with this season. Thankfully I collected my thoughts in a notepad.

• I've finally gotten around to watching this season and I've got to say it was a hell of a ride, so many improvised chase scenes.
  • Benz is loving amazing. :allears:
  • Siege on the island - This is for that one armed guy. He was really important, and stuff. I guess.
  • Those drat Merc boys are at it again!
  • Richmond NOOOOOO!!!
  • Martinez NOOOOOO!!!
  • Russian chick NOOOOOO!!!
  • Scott's son was slowly growing on me and that fist bump solidified it.
  • I'm so glad North Korea went to all that trouble for nuclear weapons and just didn't bother after that attack.
  • Scott and Stonebridge should be on some sort of Most Wanted list for international terrorism, yet they just slip in and out of places easily.
  • drat it Chris Ryan, I know you hate the Irish, just stop trying to shoe horn it in already!
  • These chase scenes are amazing. :black101:
  • I liked the Boris Grishenko character, I wish he had lived long enough to claim he was invincible and was then frozen to death.
  • So, this is just last seasons plot right, I was wronged and the only way I can remedy this is by building a WMD Nuke.

I can't wait to watch the next episode though, no matter how much I whine about it.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 30, 2015

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Two more episodes left in the series...

When is Pushkin making his cameo :allears:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If anything, the whole "chase the baddies around the globe while they build a weapon" is riffing on season two, the one with all the game of thrones dudes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys... this is it, episodes 9 and 10 are in front of me.

That cold open was loving amazing... i'm not sure i can watch it now... it's the final....ever.

CyrusThe
Apr 21, 2004
Gimme suicide rock'n'roll
That ending was fricking glorious! Especially when Michael catches up at the very end with Damien I swear a tear of joy run down my cheek.

On a side note as a Swiss I find it always hilarious though kinda immersion breaking when "Switzerland" is depicted like that. The only thing really bugging me was the number plates. They were just plain wrong. Also you could never ever have a gunfight like that somewhere in Switzerland without someone noticing it. It's a small country and pretty tightly populated.

Now they should do a sixth season where Michael and Damien cross the USA on the bikes and beat up overconfident rednecks.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Magnificent end to a magnificent show.

I'll be man crushing my way through a rewatch once a year.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I found this last season kinda uneven, but the finale managed to work well on several levels. Pretty much everything in the latter half of the season with Locke was some of my favorite Strike Back material ever.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Narcissus1916 posted:

I found this last season kinda uneven, but the finale managed to work well on several levels. Pretty much everything in the latter half of the season with Locke was some of my favorite Strike Back material ever.
I don't remember if Section 20 got disavowed at the end of last season, but the dwindling party was kind of ridiculous given the setting and premise.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mars4523 posted:

I don't remember if Section 20 got disavowed at the end of last season, but the dwindling party was kind of ridiculous given the setting and premise.

It was as it should be, just down to the two of them at the very end.

Great ending, great season, great show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad they survived :)

FSBae made it!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I was expecting FSBae or Martinez to show up during the finale, surprised they instead went with who they did.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They were kinda disavowed last season, and never really recovered. Guess they just rolled with it, rather than adding a new cast of extras.

I was impressed with this season, sure it was disjointed, but it was still great to see the guys come out fighting in the end. I might need a gif of Stonebridges last stand plan, that was hilarious.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
seriously though, if you add those two episodes together it was like a whole hour of gunfights.

Gif of Stonebridge's spinning neck snap to far cry 4 handgun takedown. Masterful stuff.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Did we meet the bald friend of Scott's who helped them out before or was he new?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Completely cold character.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Man that was so great. I have the biggest lump in my throat. :( So sad it's over, but what a brilliant ride it's been.

I doubt it'd happen.. but I really hope it comes back one day, or even a miniseries/movie or something. Scott & Stonebridge have such a great dynamic and it's not as if there's a shortage of storylines where you need two badass dudes to save the world!

Cool to see The Albino from Banshee in the last episode too. Banshee, Spartacus, 24 and Strike Back are my go-to fistpumping balls out awesome shows, and with Gannicus and Tiberius popping up, as well as Baxter having a major role in 24, and Sinclair & Stonebridge having cameos... they've all managed to interconnect and make me happy.

:britain: Bye Buddy! :911:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
'They will live a long time, and it will not be I who buries them. And I'm glad we met again my old friend. Shall I shroud you for your journey home?'

'I am... home.'

One last rewatch before the end and goddamn Strike Back. Everyone thinks your about the tits and shooting, but you've got some heavy poo poo too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone that died in this show went out like a baller.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Rocksicles posted:

Everyone that died in this show went out like a baller.

I dunno, Locke went out like a chump. Anyone could have seen that coming given that he should have been extra suspicious since the IRA guy told him he was working for the British to get rid of him. Then he gets double tapped at point blank range by a politician. Weak. I did like how they set it up with the cliche' "This is my last mission. After this: I'm out."

This last season was pretty weak. They had some good ideas but a lot of things felt really flat and the pacing was really weird. It was nice they had a lot of different ideas for things that they needed to cram in one season and couldn't tie them together really well.

Still a good show, and I'm sad to see it leave. Thankfully Showtime has Black Sails and Banshee to fill the void.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Important distinction: The bomb guy wasn't IRA, he worked for Both Sides, making him super evil because he only wanted to hurt people.

Sometimes I love Chris Ryans books, then I remember that he comes up with stupid poo poo like that. I'm currently reading Land of Fire, where he writes about another Falklands war that only a rag tag group of SAS can stop... :doh:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaybackJack posted:

I dunno, Locke went out like a chump. Anyone could have seen that coming given that he should have been extra suspicious since the IRA guy told him he was working for the British to get rid of him. Then he gets double tapped at point blank range by a politician. Weak. I did like how they set it up with the cliche' "This is my last mission. After this: I'm out."

This last season was pretty weak. They had some good ideas but a lot of things felt really flat and the pacing was really weird. It was nice they had a lot of different ideas for things that they needed to cram in one season and couldn't tie them together really well.

Still a good show, and I'm sad to see it leave. Thankfully Showtime has Black Sails and Banshee to fill the void.

Locke was a baller. He died a baller

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Locke got to kill the mercenary bomber, someone objectively worse than Li-Na.

Oh, and that fucker killed his son.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
Finally got round to the finale and watching it right now, had to pop on-line to register my utter delight at Stonebridge's "plan" and then HIS delightful face when they're putting on the dead guys equipment and returning fire when he has a big poo poo eating grin and shouts, "That was a brilliant plan!"

Edit: Stonebridge getting beat on by two guys then snapping ones neck grabbing his pistol and headshotting the other on the spin is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Edit 2: Enemies closing in on the house they're in. Is that? Is that a tripwire? BOOM. Stonebridge you beautiful bastard!

Edit 3: "What happened to the white flag?!" "He was just a guy that happened to be wearing something white!"

Edit 4: "You're not going to kill me?" "Of course I'm going to kill you." YAS!

Edit 5: So glad Stonebridge turned round to go with Scott!

James R fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 26, 2015

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
If ever there was a time to celebrate, this is it:

IGN posted:

Left Bank Pictures is reportedly developing a feature film based on the TV series Strike Back.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the London-based production company has secured a deal with Sky, who aired the series in the UK, to make the film. Producers are currently trying to partner with the show's US network, Cinemax, too but no deal has been made yet. Sky and Cinemax partnered to produce Strike Back as a TV series.

It is thought that stars of the show, Sullivan Stapleton (now on Blindspot) and Philip Winchester (now on The Player), will reprise their roles if the film comes to fruition. The current plan is to shoot the Strike Back movie in South America next year.

Strike Back's final season is currently airing on Cinemax. It was originally supposed to end earlier, but an injury to Stapleton pushed back filming.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/10/02/strike-back-may-continue-as-a-movie

I personally think the show ended perfectly, it's the best we could have hoped for from a season where character deaths were being given out like Christmas cards. But at the same, who doesn't want to see them go all out for one final romp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I am down with South American buddies.

• Locked thread