Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

frogbert posted:

I figured I might ask here because this one has me stumped.

I'm working in an organisation with around 70 users and as many laptops. A few users are having issues because certain group policies are just not applied to certain workstations.

It looks like the default polices at the root of the domain are visible but all user polices under an OU are invisible when the user logs into the machine.

I've verified the user is in the correct OU and the machine is in it's correct OU, and when the user logs into another machine they get their policies just fine.

Group Policy Modeling shows that the policies should be applied, but Group Policy Results shows they are totally ignored. They don't even show up in "Denied GPOs"

Nothing shows up in the Event Logs and I get the same result no matter what DC is handing out the policies.

Any ideas?

Check the local machine policies, they are applied before the domain ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Scented candles and burning incense coupled with holy incantations often work.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Yes, you are supposed to give DCs a fixed address to avoid that.