Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

CEO trusts the assistant, not a problem. The problem is the CEO does not want to see all the replies to this specific email.

Example: assistant sends an email from the CEO wishing merry christmas. But it's going to VIPs so he wants it to be from his "real" address not noreply@ or assistant@. But he also doesn't want to go through all the responses saying "thanx you too" he wants the assistant to look at those and flag any that require action.

I've worked with this before, what we did was include a code (like #X3010Q) in white at the bottom of the email (in the signature) that indicated it was sent from the assistant. The CEO has a rule that auto-filters anything with that word into a special "you don't have to read this" folder and auto-CC'd the assistant so she could read them. Nobody saw it because it blended in with the background. The assistant had a selection of signatures they could use, to either make sure replies were hidden, or make sure they were seen, or flagged as important when they came back, etc. So basically codes + Outlook rules.

There was a whitebox in the basement running Outlook all day to ensure that the rules were always processing (this was in the old days). We also did the same thing with the CEO's BlackBerry, using custom signatures so that he could send messages from his BlackBerry and the messages would still end up in his "Sent" folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

drat that's really clever. I imagine emails still slipped between the cracks when people would cut out the entire reply?

I think we cheesed that with a code in CEO-initiated signatures too, so anything with "RE:" in the subject and no code was dropped in the box. The CEO would also give out a "private code" to his friends and other CEOs that would get messages "direct to his box" that made the other people feel important.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

stevewm posted:

Anytime you have a interaction with a telecom company, always assume they hosed something up. During my 15 years in IT, I have yet for a single interaction with any telecom company to be 100%. I just do not believe that industry is capable of getting things right the first time around.

My Rule #1 of IT is "the telco will gently caress you". Every single time, in every conceivable way?

Circuits installed in the wrong building (across town)?
Porting numbers to another customer?
Installing equipment on an outside wall without any weather protection?
Drilling a 1" hole through a wall to run a phone line through?
Starting a change an hour before your scheduled time?
Starting a change several hours after your scheduled time?
Billing you for services you're not paying for?
Telling you they can ABSOLUTELY get you a T1 at your remote location (until they look at a map)?
Tech showing up THREE GODDAMN MONTHS after a scheduled turnup (which was then cancelled since they no-showed) as if nothing ever happened and are you ready for the turnup????