Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I love Macs. I work at a middle school that has a bring-your-own-technology program for the kids where the parents buy laptops or tablets and send them to school with the kid so they can use it for research and schoolwork. At the beginning of the year we set up everyone's machine that wasn't here last year. Macs invariably take about a third of the time to set up and require far fewer steps, which is insane because we use Microsoft services for pretty much everything. If every kid's parents bought them a Mac I would be the happiest of campers; unfortunately, not everyone is rolling in the dough so we get a lot more crummy $300 Windows laptops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I also work at a school that uses 365/OneDrive for everything. gently caress it to hell. I would never in a million years recommend it to anyone.