Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Crossposted from the Enterprise Thread, but we are a small shop:

Fuuuuuck

I was hired a year ago as a sysadmin. The guy previous to me only was there a couple months, but he decided that everyone should have Windows 7 Enterprise since we had license keys for it in Microsoft VLSC. They installed Win7Ent on 60 workstations. We aren't even using any of the features. Now we are going through a Microsoft SAM audit and discovered we never had licenses for them. We are going through the process of downgrading all the workstations back to Pro, but Microsoft is telling us this:

quote:

You have indicated that this product would be removed. Uninstalling a product is not an approved means of gaining a compliant status. To remedy this shortfall an order must be made. Please place an order within the next 2-3 weeks.

Are we stuck with buying $17K of Windows 7 Enterprise licenses? Should we get some legal experts involved or make a good faith effort to explain that a former employee made a huge mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU