Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

madsushi posted:

I think we cheesed that with a code in CEO-initiated signatures too, so anything with "RE:" in the subject and no code was dropped in the box. The CEO would also give out a "private code" to his friends and other CEOs that would get messages "direct to his box" that made the other people feel important.
That's awesome. Nothing like winning fake browine points for basically setting up Outlook rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

McDeth posted:

Can we post inane, rage-inducing jabbers here?

http://imgur.com/OZeeUwG

This is from somebody who uses a Mac literally 100% for their job, 5 days a week. I just can't...
I can almost see this if the person isn't a power user or in IT. It's sad how few people know about Spotlight or the Applications folder in general. They just mash the buttons until it works, and I guess that works for them :sigh:

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

McDeth posted:

With the amount of Keychain issues that we have (Login Keychain and Local Items Keychain passwords becoming unsync'd (gently caress you with a cactus, Apple), opening Keychain Access should be second nature.
Is there a way to resync them (if they're joined to AD, that is)? I've seen and had this issue before, but I never bothered to look for a solution.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

First of all keychain sucks.

Secondly I seriously think it's okay to expect Mac users to be a little more technical than the Windows users if you're running a mostly-Windows shop. For example the other day someone on a Mac gave a Windows guy an HFS+ formatted flash drive and Windows guy got mad that he can't open it. Mac guy should be aware of things like that and adjust accordingly.

Don't get me wrong I love my Macbook Air (and would use it more often it vsphere had a fat client for it or if the vsphere web client wasn't poo poo (is it still poo poo?)) but if you're in the minority you need to know how to remain compatible with the rest of the org.
Oh, I agree. I ran Mac in a "Windows Only" shop for years, and there is plenty of stuff you have to do to stay under the radar.

Keychain absolutely sucks. Well, just as much as all the rest of the "keychain", authentication and certificate warehousing apps do. I'm not even sure why this is the case. Maybe it has to do with not wanting to spend resources for software that is for "power users and administrators" and therefore doesn't have to be good.

The problem is, the people getting the Macs in a given organization are absolutely not power users and can barely operate an iPad, let alone a desktop or laptop that isn't bog standard Windows. If someone can figure out how to not let admins, marketing and/or sales people get something they have no idea how to operate, then I think things will be just fine.