Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I wouldn't sign it. IMHO if they can't offer enough incentive to keep you after you get your cert, they need to solve that problem. Your boss should do something like "get your cert and you'll get X bonus/salary increase" along with of course continued pro dev.

At my small company the boss told me that for every test in the MCSE track we took and past they'd give us a 3% raise or something, he figured we'd each just do one or two. The other guy I work with had some medical leave after for the next three weeks and studied up and then took like five of the tests. He got his 15% raise and I got an email saying that the deal was off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Beefstorm posted:

I feel like that he fairly earned his 15% though. If anything, he probably gained a lot of knowledge that more than covers his 15%.

Yeah, I'm totally cool with him taking all the tests in two weeks, but it ruined the deal for me. The boss didn't figure we'd do them that quickly. He just got lucky and tore his achilles tendon the next day so he was laid up for a couple weeks and had a few days to sit and read the books and then quickly take the tests.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

go3 posted:

i can think of plenty of ways to generate 16 PB but how does that intertwine with 'small shop administrator' because that has me curious

Video editing?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Erwin posted:

That guy should have spread the certs out to compound the 3% raises.

Yeah, but you see I've discussed this company before, so it was important to do it before they forgot they made the offer.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Beefstorm posted:

So, if we have 6 IT staff, banned from thread?

My reality ATM. I just opened my desk drawer (I don't think I have ever opened them) to find a sealed box ValueRAM 128MB 133MHz SDRAM stick. Not only purchased...but never used.

At my awful consulting job that comes up all the time (I need to stop living in the past) we had a storage room just full of garbage. My boss was always telling us to sort it out and start Ebaying it, and that he'd give us 5% of anything we sell. Good deal, so I took a week we were slow and went through everything. I put everything in boxes with clear labels of what it was and generated an excel sheet of all the stuff, with links to similar eBay auctions. I stack it all around the storage room, in piles related to what it is, memory, HDs, cables, whatever. We don't have enough shelf space for all of it, when it was unboxed and just in piles, it all fit crammed on the shelf, but I planned on Ebaying it a few days later.

I'm out of office for a couple days. While I was gone, the boss goes downstairs and FLIPS OUT and starts yelling that I made a HUGE MESS OF THE ROOM AND I"M AN IDIOT. He goes downstairs and starts tearing the boxes open. WHY IS EVERYTHING IN BOXES WHAT ARE THESE LABELS and throws everything in big piles and tells my manager to unbox it all and put it back on the shelves so he can see everything.

Of course, if at 2am he needs an old 150W non-atx power supply, he doesn't want to be bothered to have to find a box labeled POWER SUPPLIES and look through it, he'd rather just dig around a shelf.

I got reamed for disorganizing the room, and I never bothered to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thanks Ants posted:

:10bux: on Confluence

This is valid, also if you have O365 I supposed you could use a shared OneNote book if it's not too much data.