Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Are airconsole devices from https://www.get-console.com/shop/ reliable? It's hard to find much information about them but we're looking at trying out one of the 4 port models as they seem to fit our need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

YarPirate posted:

We have used these a few times. The wifi broadcast range wasn't very great, like the server room is across from my office and separated only by plexiglass window, maybe 15 feet of travel... and it was dropping quite a few packets and had to be reconnected a few times.

On the other hand it beats having to bring a laptop into the server room to hook up a console cable, so overall I was glad to have it.

Ah thanks for the info, it's good to know people have used them. I don't think distance should be an issue as we're planning on using the multi-port device server model with a Cradlepoint LTE connection on the rack for out of band management to some Cisco C1000s and PA firewalls at remote locations. I know Opengear is the real answer to what we need but budgets are tight currently.