Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Sorry if this was better off in the general questions megathread but what's the best way to go about getting an SSL Certificate (organization-level validation probably, we have lead-capturing features) for a single-domain website? GoDaddy looked reasonably-priced but there also seems to be a gazillion free(?) options my boss wants me to check into. We're on WordPress hosted on Google cloud. Is paying for SSL a scam or is free too good to be true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Thanks very much. One of the options we were considering included LetsEncrypt so I can confidently go ahead with that.. once we get the site off Debian 8 which apparently lost support three years ago. Little by little I'll discover everything that needs doing to get this website back in business.