Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The best thing in FO2 was running straight down the left border of the map and finding the Enclave base or whatever, sneaking in, grabbing power armour and a bunch of energy weapons and then just roaming the wastes as an unstoppable Terminator badass melting everyones groin :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Richard Bong posted:

I wish they would have done some sort of aggression level based encounters for some of these.

Like if you run up on the guy or sneak with your gun drawn, he panics and fires or yells at you to lower your weapon, but if you go in slow and with your weapon down he isn't aggressive.

It would make it not feel like "if you aren't in a town I should just shoot you." All the time.

You know just a little bit of easy depth.

Ohh I came here just to ask about that. I kept hoping I could approach scavengers with no weapon out to be non-hostile, but they always freaked out and started shooting straight away. So there's really no way to avoid that?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I've been enjoying Survival a whole lot more than the normal difficulties. You're basically guaranteed to find a bunch of little things you missed on your first run due to not fast travelling everywhere. The world as a whole is less interesting than NV, but if there's one thing Bethesda does well, it's the little encounters you find scattered around. Settlements become a lot more useful since you can set up safe zones in dangerous territory to save and fill up on food and water. The survival meters are present enough to be an issue, but not debilitating enough to be annoying.

My biggest complaint is that the lack of regular saves makes crashes and glitch deaths particularly frustrating, but I'm still absolutely loving survival mode.

I was enjoying survival but i crashed like 3 times clearing lexington and that was enough for me. It's a shame because I really enjoyed how intense all the fights become.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I don't really get the weapon/armour mod system. If I break down weapons do I keep whatever mods are attached to them? If not is there a way to just strip al the mods off stuff apart from manually replacing anything with the "standard" option?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Eh as long as you're even slightly competent the benefits at this stage far, far outweigh the negatives.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I wish I could just lock things into place with the workshop so I wouldn't have to play "find out how many stories your decorations fell down before the game loaded the building" every single time I return to Starlight. It just works!

Pretty sure there's a bunch of mods on nexus that do that exact thing, although I've never bothered with any of them so I can't say how well they work.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Azhais posted:

Sneaking almost seems to alert things more than not sneaking. On my melee playthrough I was so unconcerned with anything noticing me I just walked everywhere and it was my single least engaged walk through the glowing sea ever. I'd see deathclaws and they'd do their little "what was that!?" animation then get over it as I just marched on through. Sneaking they're all over me

If you're sneaking you must be up to no good :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
What's in the update?

• Locked thread