Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

While I am interested after seeing the trailer, I'm going to hold any opinion until we hear more. Granted, I am looking forward to what happens in the game threads here like that guy who had a conniption over his male Courier getting hit on because he took the Confirmed Bachelor perk and was apparently clueless at what it really meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

they'll charge 5.99 for an in-game mp3 player

but you can't load your own songs, and the only choices are all old-timey 50s music. these will also cost real money

As long as I don't have to hear Butcher Pete again, I'll call it good.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Azhais posted:

The default soundtrack will just be every version of Mack the Knife from the 50s and 60s on repeat

I could live with that no problem since I do like the song. Also wouldn't complain if The Dave Brubeck Quartet's Take Five was on the soundtrack either. My intense dislike of Butcher Pete for how often it popped on was enough for me to track down the extended GNR mod.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Am I the only one who was thinking about how many of those pipboys from the collector's edition are going to end up broken from people too fat to wear them still trying to cram them on?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

I think people like the idea of some harsh unforgiving game-world more than they like actually playing in it.

That's pretty common. For every person in this thread who is completely aware of the ramifications of killing off important NPCs, and even deliberately going through a playthrough with that goal in mind, there's going to be several people wailing over not being able to finish quests or failing quests. I remember reading something about in the early versions of SWTOR that they did allow killing the companions but people had a fit when some of those companions were kinda necessary for some functions like healing.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

ExplodingSquid posted:

Does anyone know if there is a thread for Fallout Shelter?

There isn't one that I can find.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

You know it just dawned on me that Little Lamplight in Fallout 3 might be a reference to the tribe of feral kids in Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome, having not seen that movie in years. Which is probably why people have such a huge problem with it, those kids are the primary reason people didn't like Beyond Thunderdome so why Fallout 3 decided to make a direct reference to it and also come under scrutiny as the weakest part of the game I do not know. If they wanted to reference that movie, they could have referenced Master Blaster or something.

If memory serves, they are a reference to the feral kids from Beyond Thunderdome. Considering when Fallout 3 came out and Bethesda cramming in as much post apocalyptic and nuclear horror references as possible, references to the Mad Max franchise is a given. I do agree there are better choices they could've picked for references.

And since I'm a bit of a masochist and didn't learn my lesson with browsing the Bioware forums during the Mass Effect/Dragon Age threads, I figured to go nosing around the Bethesda forums to see what's going on over there. There's people upset that they'll apparently be unable to have a technophobe Vault Dweller because they owned a robot in pre-war times. I'm now wondering what the equivalent of the infamous "What does Tali's sweat taste like?" post's likely going to be.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

Big Iron is an OK song, just overplayed.

Johnny Guitar, now that poo poo will follow you into your nightmares.

I still insist Butcher Pete's the worst.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna guess that only a certain subset of mods approved by Bethesda will make it to consoles. It'll likely mean never getting to experience firsthand the ability to rape Sonic the hedgehog but it's something us gay console babies will have to learn to live with.

I can only imagine the internet outrage over not being able to install rape everything mods or everyone gets a gigantic penis mods. I probably should stock up on popcorn starting now in anticipation.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Daikon posted:

The internet is full of whiny cunts.

I understand being upset about a game that was hyped and then didn't deliver. Totally understandable, but it seems to me like the game hasn't even come out yet. They are offended by the female character's extremely anodyne back story, because she has a blown out vagina or something? It's the miracle of life man!

From what I remember in one of the past creepy internet people threads, it's the belief that after a woman's had a child, she's all stretched out and ruined if you're into tightness. God..just typing that creeped me out.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Back Hack posted:

Because it was emerging technology, not the norm; that one guy in a neighbor of hundred may have had a fusion powered car, everyone stuck with relying on fossil fuel.

If I'm remembering the timeline correctly, the higher ups in the government knew that they were going to be running out of oil quick even with that last oil deposit China was fighting them over, so they were pushing for fusion power. The breakthrough happened, but was insanely expensive going from what ad remnants you see in the background so not only was there not many fusion cars and the like available to the public, they were also something for the incredibly rich at the time the bombs dropped.

And figured to ask first, but I've been having a weird FO3 crashing problem that might be involving FOMM. Can I ask here or would the FO:NV mod thread be the better place to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I can tell you that NV runs like poo poo on my new gaming rig, so good luck with that.. Breaks my heart.

While I've known that FO3 is crash happy overall even in the best of situations, when I first started playing it when I bought it years back on Steam, it played fine. I think I had my only crash some 50 or so hours in. I was near the end of my first playthrough when I discovered mods existed so I went mod crazy for a bit, things played fine while I played and I stopped after a while because of lack of time. So, I figured to give it another fresh playthrough before doing NV until FO4 comes out. I junked my old saves because I don't remember half of what I was doing, and cleared out all the mods except for cosmetic ones like Fellout and a combat effecting COD style health regen. Now it's first play session whether it's a few minutes or hours, plays fine, but the play sessions after that I'll have a crash either a some minutes or a half hour in, then it'll start crashing in shorter time increments. Doesn't matter what I'm doing be it about to walk out a door or just running along a corridor, it'll crash. Considering how much I've hosed around with the game's ini files, I decided to go complete dnr rather than gently caress around more and do the gradual see what mod could be being pissy thing. However after even getting the most recent FOMM, with no mods installed atm, it keeps seeing a Wasteland Weather Overhaul entry that when I try to delete it from the FOMM, crashes FOMM. What the hell is this thing and how do I get rid of it?

edit: FOMM's what was suggested way back when so I figured to stick with what worked. I'm willing to give anything a try at this point.

• Locked thread