Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want to play as a skelton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Sharkopath posted:

I think it looks pretty good, at least the atmospheric effects and lighting are definitely a step above bethesdas other games.

it is, but I guess people expected Far Cry 5 or something

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if you like obsidian so much why dont you marry them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a clown posted:

I was fired for releasing confidential info so im gonna release even more confidential info as revenge. This will surely not affect my position in the industry. I am a smart person

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
animations are mostly artist based and not engine based

also i tried google image searching "skyrim animations" and got a lot of skyrim beastiality animations :psyduck:

[edit] lol http://i.imgur.com/gu4c2Zo.gif

Skyrim modders are something special

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I agree, the prewar stuff all looks bad but I think the rest looks okay. Maybe they did the prewar scenes in a rush for the trailer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The dog will follow you around and auto-scavenge cool stuff for you, fight enemies with you and bark real loud if it finds a hidden entrance to some cool place. You and the dog will become best buds, he will be the only friend you truly trust in this broken world. Then the bad guy will kill your dog :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Azhais posted:

Given that everyone seems to like to compare trailers with other just announced games, Bard's Tale IV just released some in game footage from their Unreal engine:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/04/a-bards-tale-iv-gameplay-trailer

Pretty shiny

none of that looks like real gameplay to me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
1. Bark
2. Poop
3. Bite throat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fallout 2 was great

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You kill all factions and go back to scavenging cool stuff in some far off ruin

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I enjoyed F3 more than NV so F3 was the better game for me.

TO BE FAIR, I did play F3 with all the DLC's and patches so maybe I had more content than usual and less buggs too

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nah base New Vegas is still insanely better in every way than 3 even with all the fixins.

Hmm, well,

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fallout took most of its inspiration from Mad Max, which is australian. So Fallout is actually Australian as gently caress :smug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
WOuld not mind driving a junker car around the wasteland. Of course they should be super rare and prone to nuclear explosions

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Though I guess the new Mad Max game will be able to fill my "drive a custom garbage car around the wasteland" fixhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ButHzEB8AO4

This'll be a good period for apocalypse games I hope

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Skyrim was better than Morrowind:toot:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bethesda animations often sucking is a mystery to me. I mean they've been bad through so many different games now. You'd think that if it was a person or a team of people who just weren't very good they'd at least get better over the years but nope

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lord Chumley posted:

Pretty sure its an engine limitation.

In my experience the engine usually doesn't limit animations for a game like this and like someone said, you can easily make your own, better, animations for both fallout and skyrim. It just seems to be a talent thing over at Bethesda. Maybe a bunch of veterans they can't replace or something

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
skyrim was better than new vegas in every way

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want a horse

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:smithfrog:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Actually just let us play as a deathclaw already

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The lighting is leaps and bounds better than F3 already and imo lighting is easily one of the most if not the most important part of the look of a game

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Blue Raider posted:

you have to kill a dragon thats eating the souls of the dead and you literally go to valhalla to do it. it is fairly cool

Yeah in theory it's really cool but it was a very underwhelming fight

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato posted:

Even with the bugs New Vegas was a 90+ game so that's probably the worst part of the whole mess.

Fallout was 91

NV was 84

At least on metacritic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FllGpRS8Mx4

Love the one where he murders a guy by sleeping next him

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 13, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Didn't really care for F3 when I first played it. I enjoyed it enough to finish it but that's it. I did revisit it a few years later and actually enjoyed it way more than the first time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fallout 2 has such a lovely start to it. The rest of it is super good though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kill a radscorpion and you got enough meat to last a week and there's literally an infinite amount of radscorpions in this fictional videogame world

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't mind it. Personally the point of view in games like these don't matter much to me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What if, get this, we make a movie about dinosaurs with lightsabers?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fallout 4 looks fun

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Walrus Pete posted:

. IIRC, BioWare once revealed that something crazy like 70% of all players played the default male Shepard as the soldier class (AKA the one without fun powers) in Mass Effect. It's baffling.

I did this, I am the 70%.

The default shephard looked way better than the abominations I conjured up and I had no idea what the other classes did but I did know that the soldier class got big guns and armor and I like those...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm gonna boycott this game if it doesn't let me gently caress those supermutants

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I prefered the protags with a backstory in the dragonage games over the generic Warden in the first game. I also liked Commander Shephard in the Mass Effect games

There's nothing wrong with backstory..

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope the game has the powerfist and also a powerhammer that I can power-slam into super mutants

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

frajaq posted:

You can add a rocket to the back of your powerhammer so you can slam even harder

:jackbud:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
faces look better than in earlier bethesda games imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wanna play as a dog with a human pet that runs around fetching me things

• Locked thread