Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Travis is good because Sheng Kowalski.

Still tickles me that the best DJ is a computer simulation of a half asleep Wayne Newton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Someone want to explain to me, again, how these east coast jerks, who are apparently swimming in pre-war money, never mind how Fallout 3 was set where you could probably find the loving presses, still decided to use bottle caps, in spite of being removed by thousands of miles from The Hub?

New Vegas should have made more of an argument about currencies beyond "bottle caps are the most stable-set because water."

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

I thought the back story to NV was that NCR scrip used to be the predominant currency, but their war with the brotherhood damaged their economy to the point that people started using the water backed caps again.

Yeah, the Brotherhood of Steel managed to destroy all of the gold that was backing NCR's economy, so the currency defaulted to the value of water, which was still being traded for in bottlecaps. Because, somehow, the NCR never incorporated The Hub, water supplies or any traders.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

House actually is a genius who really did build his own army of self healing robots, both save Vegas from nuclear destruction and rebuild it later, and gave himself a workable version of immortality in the process. When he says he has a vision of utopia, he's actually capable of achieving it.

House is literally the Mojave’s equivalent of an Institute scientist, right down to having graduated from CIT.

• Locked thread