Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So what's the incentive to bother with settlement building? I made a tin shack, tried to put some lights in it but when I saw all the electrical generators and switches and relays and all that I'd have to mess around with I just thought "gently caress it" and carried on doing missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm about 12 hours in and I've found I'm having the most fun blasting people in the face with a shotgun. Do any of the gun perks apply to shotguns at all because they seem a bit vague and there's no shotgun surgeon any more.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fallout 4 crashed my computer and now it won't start any more.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Stunt Rock posted:

This is the most insanely good celebrity look-a-like I've seen:

This is a photoshop, right?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

conversation piece posted:

:wtc: some sort of jet or spacecraft just screamed over my head before crashing a ways off. I had my volume quite high as the game is pretty dynamic, I instinctively ducked and everything on my desk shook.

This happened to me last night, only I was in the middle of the city surrounded by tall buildings so I have no idea where it happened.

Maybe I'll stumble into it one day.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

Hey I haven't had a lot of time to play the game, and when I do play, I play very slowly. So I'm just popping in to ask a random question:

I helped some dude out at Thickett Excavations and I got sneaky and read his log entries on a nearby terminal. Seems like he wants to use this place as an outpost to be a raider. Can I just up and kill the dude now since he's bad?

The choice is yours, my friend. Dispense justice however you see fit. The magic of video games :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can I kill the old junkie lady

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also, is there a way to get rid of the two bodies in front of the sanctuary bridge? I moved the bodies into the river but the next time I went back they had spookily reappeared in the same position.

Also I'm in a lecture and some guy just called fallout 4 visually beautiful.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

Soo... Swan's pond in Boston common

Try swimming to the swan.

It was horrible

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A vertibird just flew into a tree and blew up

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Going somewhere?

:smug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to reroll as a cranky old lady now

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I found the coolest paint scheme

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A terrifying encounter

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Drythe posted:

Well....where was it?

Bottom of Swan's Pond

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nick Valentine has completely disappeared for me, does anyone know a code to teleport him to me or vice-versa?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just came across a suit of power armor in a trailer behind a master lock, but it was close enough to a broken window that I could enter the power armor from outside the trailer, and then fast travel away.

I'll choose to believe that my character decided to crawl through the broken window. My immersion.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

titties posted:

Please tell me you remember the location of this because I only have one frame so far.

It was at some place called Fiddler's green Trailer Estates. I ended up finding a key for the trailer not long after anyway.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just realised you can force someone out of their power armour by shooting the fusion core from a distance. This changes everything.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Chalks posted:

Do you get to steal their power armour if you do this or does it just flop on the floor like it does if you kill them in it?

I shot the core till it was at 0%, the guy carried on walking for a few seconds and then got out of his suit. I was able to put a new core in it and steal the whole thing, frame and all.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Chalks posted:

Holy poo poo my power suit collection is about to grow significantly.

Yeah. Just tried it on another guy in a power suit and it worked again. Difficult to do if you're close to them however as they are looking at you at all times so you can't get a clear shot at the back. Easiest when they don't know you're there.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

what is gravity

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Iceshade posted:

Just.. look at it :3: :allears:

I had a Mr. Handy and Mr Gutsy model on my drawers in my house but when I went back they'd disappeared.

There's a thief in Sanctuary. I'm gonna find them and I'm gonna kill them.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got hit by a grenade and managed to survive with 0hp.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Do fusion cores drain in power armour worn by companions?

Companions don't even need fusion cores to wear power armour

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mass Fusion quest problem:

So I teleported to the building with Allie Filmore and killed all the BoS people, but I can't proceed any further because the game wants me to hack an advanced terminal and I can't because I never put any points into hacking, and you don't have a companion for this quest. Also I can't fast travel away.

Am I hosed?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It was in a desk nearby :downs:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm level 53 and I've found one X-01 suit so far and it was missing a leg and an arm.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

re: ending

Is that 30 second voiceover it? I was hoping to see stuff about my decisions and all that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I like it when all my followers blurt out "I CAN CARRY THAT FOR YOU" in so many different ways when I exit my power armor while past my normal weight limit. It's quite the harmony.

For some reason yesterday, all of my companions were huddled around as me as I was using the gun modifying bench. Startled me when I made a mod and they all yelled out together how good it was, and I turned around to see them all staring at me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Institute paint job is freaking awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

3 crashes in 10 minutes, guess Fallout 4 doesn't want to work today

Edit: 4

Frankston fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 25, 2015

• Locked thread