Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I reinstalled oblivion on a whim because I dunno, nostalgia? The 3rd person camera is really bizarre and floaty and it bothers me more than anything else in the entire game right now. No other bethesda game has a camera this awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I am continually bewildered that anyone plays these games in third person.
I tend to flick 3rd person on when I'm in a town or some other reasonably safe locale. Doing actual combat in 3rd person is just a bad time.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The only reason to play these games in third person is to masturbate while you stare at your scantily clad 1000-year-old anime "creature" that happens to look like a child.

Clearly I have not been playing this game right.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The whole paid mods thing was apparently Valve's idea in the first place so I doubt Bethesda is gonna do it alone, especially after the bad reception it got in the first place.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Recettear is a good game which you can probably get on sale right now.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hihohe posted:

My main problem is original music in fallout. Your gonna tell me that in 100 years before the war that everyone was just keen on listening to the same music.

I think it would be cool if it was like bioshock infinity where more modern music was just given a 50s feel. Or heck maybe near the beginning of the war RockNRoll was about to rear its ugly head.

I am very disappointed that Aqua's immortal "Barbie Girl" did not survive the nuclear apocalypse.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I thought literally everything being nuclear powered was something that started with Fallout 3? Or am I mistaken.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I can't imagine playing morrowind on the xbox. :psyduck:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

frajaq posted:

Witcher 2

>Very funny

"gently caress you"

:saddowns:

Witcher 3

"Shove [character] aside forcefully."
*Decks the dude and twists his leg hard, breaking it."

:stonk:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Is this real? I need to see it.

Right here. Heavy spoilers for late game Witcher 3 though.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rollofthedice posted:

Won't be surprised if this becomes a Mass Effect scenario where the male voice is boring poo poo and the female voice owns bones.

It'll depend entirely on how good bethesda's direction is.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, but there is no reason to make them so rapey other then to emphasize how evil they are. I mean, you could say "Well, realistically..." but realistically so would the NCR's hordes of boozed-up, poorly-supervised GIs. Caesar would be much more interesting if his education with the Followers had led him to see how objectively dumb the misogyny of Old Rome was, or at least to realize that integrating your army effectively doubles the number of troops at your disposal.

Other then that, the main problem with the Legion is there isn't much actual reason for the player to root for them and want them to succeed (much like the Powder Gangers, not coincidentally the other overtly evil faction), ironically unlike the Enclave in Fallout 3, where some players might want a Final Solution to the Super Mutant Question after having to clear hundreds of the fuckers out of D. C., only for them to all respawn like a week later.

Don't get me wrong, I loving love New Vegas, it might be my favorite game ever, but the Legion is not one of it's strong points.

I liked the Legion. Mostly I enjoyed killing them.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cameron posted:

Goons complaining or being skeptical about this game just solidifies that it's gonna be GOTY material and universally acclaimed

It seems like every AAA game gets universal acclaim these days, unless you ship fundamentally broken games like Unity.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Games are actually really pretty good nowadays.

Bioshock: Infinite's critical reviews are all above 90% and that game was terrible.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

As long as you include Wall Drug as a sprawling fortress, still offering "Free Ice Water!" as the primary draw. And did you like Festus? Well how about a whole band of creepy animatronic cowboys!

And a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diuIXEkXUHs

(6:45 for the Nightmare Cowboys in action)

Finally bethesda's dead-eyed, robotic animations can be put to good use.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Season 1 is the worst season of Korra, watch the rest of it and you won't be disappointed.

Season 3>Season 4>Season 1> Season 2

Season 3 gets Henry Rollins as a villain. :allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

At this point in time I have heard that literally every season of Korra is the worst and all the others are actually 'the best'

I was under the impression that everyone thought season 2 was the worst. They switched production companies during that season, everyone was off model and animated poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah the animations is really what gets me more than anything. I finally convinced my gf to try FNV because she loves the Elder Scrolls games and 5 minutes in she was saying 'wow these animations are janky as gently caress though.'

Get her to play Deus Ex next

• Locked thread