Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Ah, cool. Not sure how much the Fook2 overhaul will affect difficulty. So far it's not to hard. I've done a few quests and explored the springvale school. Hardest part is ammo/caps were sort of scarce but after a bit of exploring it's not a big deal. My dog companion dies really easily though.

Companions are pretty woeful in Fallout 3, both in terms of personality and in survivability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I dont suppose anyone here would know why the game constantly enters an infinite load screens if i try to enter or exit buildings in the downtown boston area?

I have no mods installed or any DLC, it makes exploring that part of the game a real chore, since i have to constantly quit reload the game and pray it loads the area this time.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Turn off vsync. No, really. For whatever reason loading is linked to your FPS, so having unlocked framerate will speed things up a little. There's a couple of mods that automatically toggle vsync during loading as well.

It's almost as dumb as Sonic Forces requiring VLC be open in the background to smoothly play cutscenes.

Legend, that's fixed the biggest issue I've been having. Now if I could only just stop breaking quests so I can't finish them...

• Locked thread